• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Scariest Moment In Zelda History?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I would have to say that the silent realms in SS scared me the most. You're utterly weaponless and have to collect various tears all the while trying to avoid being killed by living statues. Whenever they started to move, the music would always make my heart beat. Sheesh. It still does.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
ReDeads... All about them... Their look, their movement, their mourns, their screaming. Majora's Mask didn't help also.
I remember I had to mute the TV everytime I played all the seemingly creepy parts.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that also includes the ones in the Meele adventure mode.

MattPlaysSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt16545
Playing Wind Waker when I was like 6 and seeing those giant tornadoes, I just turned off my game. I couldn't handle it.

fitzawesome

Smash Rookie
As a kid it was Hyrule Field. The helplessness you feel when the stalchildren show up at night was surreal. I remember I was too afraid to get to Hyrule Castle, my older brother was too afraid and people we invited over to the house refused to touch it (one of these played the hell out of Hexen most of the time so it was weird he wouldn't).

It must have taken us weeks to build up the courage to do it. I can't tell you how relieved I was when adult Link didn't have to deal with that crap though it started being less scary the more heart containers we got.

D

Deleted member

Those freaking Wallmasters and Floormasters in OoT. When I first played OoT in 2008, they used to give me nightmares just for how they looked and behaved. You can't imagine the mini-panic attacks I had when I was in a whole room of Floormasters in the Shadow Temple!

The whole Bottom of the Well dungeon, while it's fast and easy to complete, is downright unsettling for me for how some of the areas aesthetically look.

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
All of Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link.

Also those Moblins(bull dog/bear things) on the way to the forest temple. Those things left me in shock the first time.

LinkSword93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Umdytr
3DS FC
3668-9197-4509
I could be the unoriginal guy and say The Moon from Majora's Mask, but I'd like to also share my first experience with a Zelda game, when I was about 7.

The game was Oracle of Ages, and I still wasn't very sure what I was getting myself into. At first it was just a pretty girl singing surrounded by animals, but then the creepy music came in and I instantly tensed up, as "Impa" revealed herself as Veran, kidnapped Nayru and turned the fleeing animals and townspeople into stone. It was HORRIFYING... And I LOVED IT!

It was also really creepy how the construction of the Dark Tower kept progressing as you advanced in the game. You would exit a dungeon and your triumph would feel overwhelmed by the ominous feeling of that malicious place reaching further and further towards the skies.

And how to forget this particular tune... It still gives me goosebumps to this day, and is one of my favorite Zelda themes period.

Phislamajama

Smash Cadet
for me it was easily when i was 5 with my brother and dad walking into the 9th dungeon and hearing that the music had changed from the other dungeons, blew my little mind,

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Renting Ocarina of Time as a young'un back in 1999.

Exploring Hyrule randomly before going to Kakariko Village and visiting the Graveyard.

Go into the Royal Family's Tomb and encounter a swarm of ReDeads.

--> Cue childhood trauma.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Maybe I'm weird, but when I was young, I found Dead Hand hilarious. His goofy grin looks more silly than frightening, and the way he runs away after you hit him makes it look like he threw out his back.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - The entire game when you are 10 years old.

Last edited:

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
The Skulltula House and the Well in Ocarina of Time. Could not deal with it as a kid. It's odd, since Kakariko was maybe my favorite location otherwise.

And in Majora's Mask, Ikana Canyon. Specifically the music box house. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. Even playing now as an adult, I still tense up a little bit when playing that part, remembering how I felt as a kid.

Top Bottom