• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar jump --> dair

Voices

Smash Rookie
Don't call it Scar jumping, people have been doing it for years just because one person decided to give it a name doesn't mean he deserves it

Stratford

Smash Champion
It's called Scar jumping because he was one of the first ones to use it innovatively and well in a match setting. Just because something gets named after someone doesn't mean other people can't do it or didn't do it before him. Chill out. Tactics get named after people, deal with it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Don't call it Scar jumping, people have been doing it for years just because one person decided to give it a name doesn't mean he deserves it
I had never seen anyone do this before when I did it, much less anyone use it at its fullest extent. Also I wanted to call it the YS immediate walljump, but I called it scar jumping in jest and that one stuck.

Also 99% of people don't know what scar jumping is so if you can tell me I would be impressed.

To everyone who cares, scar jumping is not walljumping over and over using aerials to cancel the walljump animation. Scar jumping is walljumping from the ledge on Yoshi's Story without using your double jump, akin to pressing back on the dpad on any wall on Fourside.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
im one of the 1 percent that know.

theres also a dude called f-zero who

scar jumps alot. he loves that ish.

pretty good with it too.

but yea, its defiantly called sscar jumping

Scar

#HarveyDent
There is a difference between a Scar jump and a walljump. So now that you, irrationally might I add, want to not call it a scar jump, we still need a way to tell the two apart.

So what do you propose to call it instead and how do you plan on making everyone agree?

Also I will be re-ignoring you after you answer this or in 6 hours, whichever comes first.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
darnit, dood i thought you were still ignoring me, fffffffffffffffudge, let me rethink my gameplan, you are such a piece of crap you know that bob? i swear, you tell me one thing, then you do the other, this is not good, it completely throws off what im tryign to accomplish here, im gonna have to **** you next time i see you, bye, and that's all for now, you've really pissed me off

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
does anyone else use the cstick to drop from the ledges? i find it easier to hug the wall this way.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Doraki's is entirely different, you do it on FD and it has to do with like weird glitchy character index stuff.

Gea

Smash Master
yeah i've never really seen a use for doraki's wall jump.
Only because the setup is ********.

In theory its just as useful as scarring, especially with characters like Mario who otherwise would have a hard time getting out that far safely.

But alas the best way to set it up involves dropping from the ledge and sweetspotting, which takes time.

Wrath of God

Smash Rookie
Can someone tell me how to scar jump? Ive been playing smash for sometime now but Ive never heard of it? Thanks

Top Bottom