• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC Smash — Official Compendium

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
zCasanova]Due to Kidd01's inactivity said:
Official Power Rankings List:[/COLOR]
- ———————————————————— -

At this time, it saddens me to say that, due to a lack of interest, our state PR list is temporarily disappearing. This is not easy to do, but due to Kale's sudden "retirement" and Devin's desire to no longer be ranked, we're short players in a state that's already lacking a competitive population. Because of these reasons, I have no idea what to do with these, or if the idea is even plausible anymore. Any SC smashers willing to help or put in some opinions please PM me as soon as possible.

- ——————————————————————— -
South Carolina General Ruleset:
- ——————————————————————— -

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off, no smash balls.
MK is banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral— -

Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter picks— -

Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium I
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Banned— -

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Single's Play— -

- —Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- —If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to the player who initiated the move.
- —Both Loser's and Winner's semi-finals are to be a best of five set.
- —If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven, continuing on with the previous set's count—only Loser's, Winner's and Grand finals are exempt from this rule, remaining best of five, regardless.
- —Double blind character pick may be called before the start of the first match of a set.
- —First stage is selected from the neutral stages listed above using the striking procedure.
- —After their first loss, each player may choose one stage to be banned for the remainder of the set.
- —Advanced slob picks in effect.
- —Dave's stupid rule in effect.

Additional Rules for Double's Play— -

- —Life Stealing is allowed.
- —Team Attack is set to ON.

- ————————————————— -
Upcoming Tournaments:
- ————————————————— -

North Carolina:

1.) Duke Bi-weeklies — Durham, NC
2.) NCSU: Smash Stacks — Raleigh, NC
3.) HERB 3 — TBA

South Carolina:

1.) SC Bi-weeklies — Rock Hill, SC

Georgia:

1.) WABA Weeklies/Monthlies — Duluth, GA

- ——————————————— -
Recent Tournaments:
- ——————————————— -

1.) SC Bi-weekly #5 - Rock Hill, SC — 11/09/2009
2.) JapanCon - Atlanta, GA — 12/02/2009
3.) SC Bi-weekly #6 - Rock Hill, SC — 12/19/2009
4.) SC Bi-weekly #8 - Rock Hill, SC — 01/24/2010

- —————————————— -
Links of Importance:
- —————————————— -

1.) Devin's YouTube — Dates back to the olden Gamer's Edge days.
2.) Snapple's YouTube — Soon to replace Devin's chronology, picking up where he left off.
3.) Social Thread — All spam here, per MichaelG.
4.) Player Locator — Kidd01's thread

- ————————————— -
Videos of Interest:
- ————————————— -

1.) Reflectors for Cheap — A KindBear Production

2.) Laughing Stock, A Wario combo video by T.A.S

- ————————————— -
Memorable Quotes:
- ————————————— -
OmniOstrich said:
By the by...I taught Foxy how to play brawl.

I'm definitely gonna be taking #1 PR in NC sir, remember I'm the reason PP is quitting brawl.

I can't wait to make PP #4 on the PRs. He better man up and either learn the matchup or pick a secondary.
I'm might go do Heroin, I don't know yet...I'm thinking about it

--Sadly I know sellers, but I neva thought I would even think about it -- it's cause I'm stresses about these **** tourneys I can't attend...

I NEED a therapist....BAD!!!!

Well this is the straw that breaks the camels back, due to actions that once again someone else is controlling I could not go to the last gaming meet of my high school year....

THAT I STARTED!!!!!! So *** it all -- I'm deleting this account and off to get some needles, drugs and a set of belts....HEROIN here I come!

Smash is dead to me, just as soon as I will be...

DUECES PEOPLES!
Only under the guidance of Byron, the DI King, may one truly achieve Nirvana in their genitals.
i heard kevin hacked mcdonalds corporate just to bring the mcrib back.
If I win HERB, (I've goten super good, if I do say so myself) I'm definatley going to the tourney in TX. I'll fly there.

TBC(completley)H, I think I'm ready to take M2K. My IC's have truly gotten super good.
I now also main Falco which is gonna handle the Snake's, ROBs, and all the other stuff my IC's are no good at. I also have Peach, PT, Lucas, Olimar, Yoshi, and ZSS to back me up.

You guys have no idea how hyped and prepared I am for this.
I'm going to beg M2K for friendlies.

Also, I hope none of us gets stuck in the same pool, that's suck. But seeing how many of us there are, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of us were in one together.
Meh, if I lose, I lose. I won't feel bad. I mean, especially considering who he is. But I do think I'm ready and, frankly, I don't mind if you don't think I can do it, and trying to harsh my mood.. I just wanna play. Nothing can really bring me down (unless, of course some stupid thing happens and I can't go)
It's official, we have a compendium.

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
we should se those tourney results for that PR
Same PR list that was taken down a few weeks ago:

PR List — 11/17/2009

1. Devin — :marth:
2. ARS — :falcon:
3. Khai — :dedede:
4. Ryan! — :pit:
5. Bo! — :snake:
6. Kale — :dedede:
7. Thunder — :falco:
8. THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION a.k.a ya boy Snapple — :wario:
9. Billy — :fox:
10. L' — :marth:

Honorable Mentions:

Kidd01, 0mega_Zer0, Chris, JMan8891

TheGreatBo said:
South Carolina - Power Rankings

Panelists: Thunder865, ImpactAR, Snapp., TheGreatBo, zCasanova

The primary purpose for the SC Power Rankings is to create a system which allows the SC Smash community to be aware of the top players in their state. Through this, we hope to provoke our community to not only improve in the area of tournament attendance, but to increase the overall skill level of our locals, as well. If there are any questions regarding the proposed list, do not hesitate to contact any one of us. After all, it's left wholly up to the community to decide if the list that we have created is accurate enough to be considered "authentic."

Qualifications/Criteria:

Note: All players listed in the PR, are current residents of South Carolina. Those placed in the honorable mentions, are not required to meet this standard.

The panelists have compiled a ranking system based on the following aspects of tournament play:

-tournament attendance: We want players who are dedicated to being present at tournaments. We understand that not everyone can attend every event, but we do want to reward those who make the attempt to do so.
-placing cosistency: If a person has done particularly well at a single tournament, it is not enough to grant them a major shift in their ranking, however, a person who continually places well, time and time again, will be evaluated respectively.
-tournament performance: These rankings are all about how many tournaments a player has won, but just as important—who defeats who.

The following tournaments were considered when creating the power rankings list:

Bi-weekly #1 Results

Brawl Singles
08/28/2009
16-man bracket

results thread

1. Ptown — split
1. ARS — split
3. JMan
4. Kale
5. Kidd
5. Vince
7. Snapp.
7. Thunder865
9. L'
9. 8bit
9. AZ%
12. SilverShot
12. Jonathan 2.0
12. TigerZERO

---------------------------------------

Bi-weekly #2 Results

Brawl Singles
09/12/2009
16-man bracket

results thread

1: Devin ($40.00) — Marth
2: ARS ($10.00) — Falcon
3: JMan ($5.00) — Sonic
4: TGB! — Snake
5: Kack — IC
5: Kale — D3
7: Z — Zelda
7: Snap — Falco/Wario
9: AZ — TL/Lucas
9: Silver_Shot — Marth
9: Salt — Snake

Bi-weekly #3 Results

Brawl Singles
10/03/2009
8-man bracket

no results thread

1: Bo — split
1: Devin — split
3: ARS
4: L'
5: Thunder
7: AZ%

BANishment Results

Brawl Singles
10/17/2009
32-man bracket

results thread

1: Stingers (D3/ROB) - $63.00
2: Sushi-Man (Snake) - $32.00
3: Devin (Marth) - $10.00
4: NC-Echo (Olimar/Kirby)
5: Ryan! (Pit)
5: Kale. (Falco)
7: Khai (G&W/D3)
7: TGB! (Snake)
9: L' (Marth)
9: Billy (Snake)
9: Danithak (ZSS)
9: Snapp. (Wario)
13: Chris (PT/Snake)
13: Lopez (G&W)
13: ARS (Falcon)
13: Thunder865 (Falco)
17: TrU (Pikachu)
17: Michael (Ness)
17: Phil (Pikachu/Kirby)
17: Stockfield (Marth)
17: AZ% (Diddy)

Bi-weekly #4 Results

Brawl Singles
11/07/2009
16-man bracket

results thread

1: Devin ($40.00) — Marth
2: ARS ($10.00) — Falcon
3: Khai ($5.00) — D3/TL
4: Bo! — Snake
5: Pie! — DK/Zelda
5: Kale. — D3
7: Kackamee — IC
7: Chris — Ganondorf
9: Billy — Snake
9: 0megaZ — Lucario
9: AZ% — Diddy
9: Snapple — Wario

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Cool thread gaiz. Nice DDDs. Also Devin nice new Avatar. Good **** on 2nd @ that Con tourney

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Melee is what happens when people eventually realize that Brawl is a horrible game.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Me
Mazen / Ramz
Dill
EverlastingYay
Mott
Carol
GawdImFoxy
Crio
Ryzol / Ja
Holymarth / Kidd
Etwist
RDZL (I think I got that right, the Myrtle Beach one)
Omega_Zero (right?)

Haven't counted Brawl kids but Kale has expressed interest in Melee before as well.
So yeah.
do we have Melee? lol
we're just spread out is all

edit : not to mention Yoshido and Scha, whom are going to college elsewhere, but still claim SC as a home I believe and may be back at least for break.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
nobody looks in the ruleset :p
Omfg, Stingers, get over your MK-induced hard-on—you're the only person that continues to rag on about him being banned in SC.

. . . and you don't even live here.

I want a $10 MK against your MK the next time I see you.

Stop trolling, plx.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Why should he?
Because he's still better at Brawl than your entire state. That's why.

No hate, I'm stating facts. Honorable Mentions are where "People of notable skill, but do not place consistently at tournaments are put"

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I hope SC is saved from this Tyranny known as "MK-Ban" ;_;

Please someone save SC :(

But seriously, Honorable mentions.

Lareit

Smash Ace

No hate, I'm stating facts. Honorable Mentions are where "People of notable skill, but do not place consistently at tournaments are put"
He's been to all of 3 tournaments in SC that I am aware of. I've been to 95% of every South Carolina Brawl tournament since Brawl came out.

The first one, his MK lost to a sonic, didn't place top 5.
He won a Tournament in Columbia. I don't remember the size of the bracket or who all was there(I didn't attend)
Then he won a 7 man tournament in Charlestown.

3 Tournaments does not warrant an honorable mention.

He's a fun guy, though his **** game talk was disappointing actually, after how much it was hyped up. He's good at smash. He probably is better then everyone below #4 on the PR, but 3 tournaments in two years is a joke to even mention his name for anything.

I also find it fascinating how everyone from outside SC knows so much about our state when I can nearly count how many people from outside our state have ever come to any SC tournament on 1 hand. Which is doubly ironic since the largest smash scene in south carolina is thirty minutes away from Charolette.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero

Thats not true. Yay isnt on our power rankings because he refuses to play us.

Yay isnt an honorable mention Because he does not attend tournies.

But in all seriousness hes not as good as you think he is.

I wish everyone who didnt live in SC would stop having such a boner for yay.

hes a great guy, but ****.

I also find it fascinating how everyone from outside SC knows so much about our state when I can nearly count how many people from outside our state have ever come to any SC tournament on 1 hand. Which is doubly ironic since the largest smash scene in south carolina is thirty minutes away from Charolette.
This

Purple

Hi guys!
Why should he?
An honorable mention is usually someone who shows exception skill in the game, who for whatever reason can not be on the PR.

Yayuhs is one of the best in your state.

Yayuhs however has not entered tournaments for possibly the last three or two months?

Because of that, he shouldn't be on the pr, because he isn't in your tournament results, however you all know that he better than a great deal of you. Therefore, he's on your honorable mentions.

Not putting him on because of how he acts towards you (which apparently goes both ways). Shows that your PR is biased towards people who are friendly with the panelists.

@lariet- i'm not saying he should be number 1, but he ***** most of the SC area apparently, which has nothing to do with whether GA's good or comes to your tournaments (we're coming to SC~U Mad btw). It's just from what we see. Why should he play with people that apparently don't like him.

Yay was practically a part of GA that he came down here so much, then he stopped, which is why we like the guy. We love SC in gen. But you guys don't come here much besides for Devin,snapp, kale, and bo (thanks for coming to comic-con btw)

oh and by the way guys, tip for tap. come to this http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257559 . we're coming to U~Mad

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
ummm I don't think Yay gives a **** about being on the list, in fact he may not even want to be on it. and it's not that he "refuses to play WITH YOU" it's just he refuses to play. <--- PERIOD. He doesn't like Brawl.
That's like saying I refuse to play with you guys. I don't, I just live four hours away now. If I lived closer I'd come to Brawl-only events every now and again just to say whattup. but I don't. -_-

I always liked to think I was part of GA and Yay was part of NC. : )

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
Ohhhh yayuhz and his silliness. I think people always take advantage of his efforts to make brawl more interesting by doing stupid stuff. Not having Yay as at least an honorable mention is ignorant of what he is capable of. From what I remember didn't he get most of his money to go to Genesis from hustling the brawl scene around here. No disrespect and please tell me if I am getting any of it wrong but just decided to put my dated two cents into this lovely discussion.

Anyways for those of you who still urge for the amazing fun brokenness of Melee I am going to be back in SC for about a months time before I head off again. TRC expect a weekend visit from me. Still debating on doing my yearly tournament I might do Brawl, Melee, and SF4. I am rusty in smash but I will be ****ed to say I haven't been playing my *** off in Street fighter. I will see if people are interested in the possibility of a tournament and if I get enough I will make something happen.

Much love to all of SC.

SK-47

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
Me
Mazen / Ramz
Dill
EverlastingYay
Mott
Carol
GawdImFoxy
Crio
Ryzol / Ja
Holymarth / Kidd
Etwist
RDZL (I think I got that right, the Myrtle Beach one)
Omega_Zero (right?)

Haven't counted Brawl kids but Kale has expressed interest in Melee before as well.
So yeah.
do we have Melee? lol
we're just spread out is all

edit : not to mention Yoshido and Scha, whom are going to college elsewhere, but still claim SC as a home I believe and may be back at least for break.
I still wanna play Ramz. It's sad that he lives all of 3 seconds away from me and I haven't played against him.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
HOLY **** SCHA IN THIS THREAD WHAT THE MIND EXPLODE ORGASM

must have caps

edit : now that I read it
you know **** well people will be wanting to go to your tourney dude if you do one including me even though it is now five hour drive for me I'll do it cause it's ****in' Scha son! the unsung hero of SC Smash!

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
So right now me and my roommate are watching RealSex and they're talking about how animals offer food to other animals for some ***. Also, some monkeys make dildos out of wood and bark and eat a ton of leaves and grass before they do their business. how hot is that

that is all

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
nvm SC is a bunch of haters. just come to GA, TRC. and yay... stop beasting in NC <3..

Crio is kool too. <3

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
nvm SC is a bunch of haters. just come to GA, TRC. and yay... stop beasting in NC <3..

Crio is kool too. <3
Thanks Mike. You're pretty "k"ool yourself.

Truth be told, part of me wants to agree with SC, and part of me doesn't.

On one hand, Yay is still one of the best players in SC. If he came to "U~Mad", he would definitely place in Brawl, if he didn't win outright. But the fact still remains that he hates Brawl (As all sane people should), and uses it only to make money. And, tbh, from the way that Yay explained himself at Genesis, that's about the farthest thing from honorable, really.

Edit: @Lareit: My fox also beat him at the first GE tourney.

Top Bottom