• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC Power Rankings

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
Don't exist. I was thinking it should go something like this, though:

Everlasting Yayuhzz
Mott
Mazen
Ryzol
TRC
GawdImFoxy

No particular order.

Moar input pl0z. I don't know the SC community as well as people like Yay.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
1. Yay
2. TRC
3. Mott
4. Mazen / Ramz
5. Ja /Ryzol

if you want to be serious.
I don't know about Holymarth or other upstaters or if they play.
I don't know who else plays with Yay.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
Aren't you from NC, Dark Hart? :o By ze way, I wuv you. :D

I figured I'd rank better than that... bear in mind I haven't played you in awhile, TRC. Last time we played was a few months ago, and yes you kinda gave me the business, but I've been to numerous tournaments and have gotten significantly better. That kinda makes me sound conceited... Nevermind lmao. It was pretty much just an attempt to see what people think of everyone in SC and how they should be ranked.

Last time I played Mazen I won like 70-80% of our matches. I'm about even with Mott, but then again we haven't played in awhile. I wonder why we didn't... we kinda spent like the whole weekend in the same room.

By the way, good stuff beating Xif, if you read this Yay.

Needz moar input pl0x

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
thats one tourney dude...

yayuhzz has been top in sc for years and then don hudson outplaces him at one event (even though it was to5) and now everyone thinks he is the best...

lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
thats one tourney dude...

yayuhzz has been top in sc for years and then don hudson outplaces him at one event (even though it was to5) and now everyone thinks he is the best...

lol

That's cuz Don Hudson is too good. Respect the abs!

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
I think I'm better than Mazen, but I've only played him in friendlies so I'll take RC's call. I thought Mazen mainly played brawl though? Foxy, I'm confused, is there a 2nd foxy in NC, or do you travel a lot? Where's Mott live? I've never heard of him until now. Does Yoshido still play melee?

Anyways, there aren't that many people in SC, if we're going to do power rankings, we should combine with NC.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
There is a Foxy in NC and a GawdImFoxy in SC.

Mott lives in Florence. He was at my tournament you went too. He was with Yay.
Yoshido moved to Virginia.
Boxr/John doesn't play melee anymore.
Mazen got a lot better.

As for me, I stopped ****ing around and will beat everyone who isn't Yay in this state, and I'll $20 MM you if you have a problem with me saying it. Do you know how much I practiced before the tournaments I held where most of you last played me? Wanna try... never? The only time in the last year I took the game seriously is when I mained Young Link and made my combo video, which I am doing again now.

Kind of weird to say Yay knows the community the best, I mean, he knows Florence, but he doesn't make a lot of effort to play with the rest of SC, only out of state tournaments. I love the guy but he's ignored me for Melee practice for like 2 years. He knows himself, but I wouldn't say he knows SC that well (what's to know?)

Power Rankings have always been the dumbest idea for a state that will never have anything going for it. I really wish this thread had not been made because it's been done before and there is never any new results. Power Rankings are great for a state like, let's say, Florida, because there are so many players and regions. Here, ****, you can count us on one hand.

as for combining with NC, bad idea IMO, just because some of us can't make it to their tournaments, and hell, in the end, our placements (everyone but Yay) will just make us look even worse than we are. and we're bad.

I'm turning into an ******* over this, I think. Oh well.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Yo, dis is Tha Don here. You already know what's poppin' on da Melee tip dawgie. I run THRO da comp, I'm betta than that lame yeahuhz 'n ****, I'll put down ANY amount of guap on dat set. 3/5, I won't even wear a shirt, dun-dun.

Ya'll nikkuhz juss don't know, I'm da bess. SKEEEE-OOOOOO

moTT

Smash Cadet
There is a Foxy in NC and a GawdImFoxy in SC.

Mott lives in Florence. He was at my tournament you went too. He was with Yay.
Yoshido moved to Virginia.
Boxr/John doesn't play melee anymore.
Mazen got a lot better.

As for me, I stopped ****ing around and will beat everyone who isn't Yay in this state, and I'll $20 MM you if you have a problem with me saying it. Do you know how much I practiced before the tournaments I held where most of you last played me? Wanna try... never? The only time in the last year I took the game seriously is when I mained Young Link and made my combo video, which I am doing again now.

Kind of weird to say Yay knows the community the best, I mean, he knows Florence, but he doesn't make a lot of effort to play with the rest of SC, only out of state tournaments. I love the guy but he's ignored me for Melee practice for like 2 years. He knows himself, but I wouldn't say he knows SC that well (what's to know?)

Power Rankings have always been the dumbest idea for a state that will never have anything going for it. I really wish this thread had not been made because it's been done before and there is never any new results. Power Rankings are great for a state like, let's say, Florida, because there are so many players and regions. Here, ****, you can count us on one hand.

as for combining with NC, bad idea IMO, just because some of us can't make it to their tournaments, and hell, in the end, our placements (everyone but Yay) will just make us look even worse than we are. and we're bad.

I'm turning into an ******* over this, I think. Oh well.
I'm not exactly the wealthiest guy around atm.. $20 is pretty steep, but I'm pretty confident I can beat you in a set, especially if you use falco the entire time. And nah, it's not that I have a problem with your opinion at all, my opinion just differs from yours. I know you're good, but I think you're underestimating me. We'll make it happen some time.. Yeah, I blew *** at TO5 and didn't even make it out of pools, but it was definitely nerves. It was my first big tournament, and I'm over all of that now, so I know I'll go way further next time! Btw Rock, thanks for the compliment, and sorry if I didn't give you enough of a challenge, man.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Yo, dis is Tha Don here. You already know what's poppin' on da Melee tip dawgie. I run THRO da comp, I'm betta than that lame yeahuhz 'n ****, I'll put down ANY amount of guap on dat set. 3/5, I won't even wear a shirt, dun-dun.

Ya'll nikkuhz juss don't know, I'm da bess. SKEEEE-OOOOOO

oh shhnnaps!!! We just got a real match, folks!

Yay better show up and step up to those abs, yo.

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
I got third on this son. I don't need to MM to prove it though. You did quit melee for quite a while TRC, I know the competition in this state isn't very good, but we've been playing the entire time since you quit. You should come to Florence sometime and play with us, SC is a little better than people might think.

This wasn't a bad idea. Even if t hurts people's egos in the end(regardless who it is)I think it wasn't a bad idea. Motivate the SC players to actually play melee and stop riding that brawl **** wut?

I don't use Kiyo as a tag though. I use Burnyourflag(BYF).

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
To TRC: You seem irate in regards to my statements. You have no reason to be upset though, really. I don't know that I'm better than anyone, and honestly I could care less. I'm only going to be in SC for another 4 months, so I shouldn't even count on power rankings. Why would I be upset anyway? I've been playing for like... less than 2 years.

To NES: You're right! I miss me summa 'dat Don Hudson. I wish Yay could've gone to TO5 instead of Don Hudson. Then we could've seen them play. :(

To BYF: You're absolutely right! Ego shouldn't be an issue in the smash community. Everyone is extremely considerate and helps everyone get better. That's one of the reasons I like the community more than most others. I just wish we had more players in SC.

To MikeG: Dude you>world.

To moTT: You're kinda a badass, to put it lightly. We need to play sometime. We should hang out with Don Hudson.

To Ace: Don Hudson owns us all, even if you DO own Yay. That's a fact of life.

To Ryzol: Yes I do travel a lot, that's the nature of being in the military. On the other hand, there ARE two Foxies. There's me in SC and another in NC.

I think that about covers all my responses. I don't want anyone to think I'm putting anyone down, I'd just really like to see where everyone stands that I've played so I can rank myself in regards to factual standpoints. Everyone I've played in SC is amazing. You guys are all super nice, and super respectful, and that means the world to me. Keep up the good stuff, SC. We really do get underestimated pretty hardcore.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
. You did quit melee for quite a while TRC
... I did?
And... I don't think I know you.

I don't remember quitting.
I remember people not wanting to play with me. I remember asking Yay every other weekend to come over or I'd go over there or whatever and nothing ever happened.

Columbia between Myself, Boxr, Ramz, Yoshido has always been active... Pretty sure I didn't actually quit, just never had the means to go to a tourney, and nobody ever wanted to play.

you know what, never mind. I don't want anything to do with this state anymore. I'm getting very close to angry over something I shouldn't even care about. I'll play you when I can Mott. peace out.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
Adopt me first please. :) I love you!

TRC, you had a ride to various tournaments that you chose not to capitalize on. Like HERB2, TO5, among others you know I went to. Whenever I go anywhere, you're welcome to attend with me.

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
... I did?
And... I don't think I know you.
I don't remember quitting.
Yay told us about...a year or two ago that you told him you were quitting. He said that you said it so I figured it was pretty credible. My fault if it was wrong. Last I heard you were maining YL for sh*ts. No disrespect or anything rly.

Also you can probably come here any time and we'd play you. Yay was just being an antisocial cracker.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
Yay told us about...a year or two ago that you told him you were quitting. He said that you said it so I figured it was pretty credible. My fault if it was wrong. Last I heard you were maining YL for sh*ts. No disrespect or anything rly.

Also you can probably come here any time and we'd play you. Yay was just being an antisocial cracker.
No, he said he was going to quit. He even told me. He couldn't beat Yay in a tournament, so he got upset, and claimed he was going to quit. This may have been a different time though, because I don't think I've known anyone in the SC Smash community for that long.

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
No, he said he was going to quit. He even told me. He couldn't beat Yay in a tournament, so he got upset, and claimed he was going to quit. This may have been a different time though, because I don't think I've known anyone in the SC Smash community for that long.

Ah, ok, that may have been the case. I should know better when a smasher says they're "going to quit" than to assume, I suppose. I'd like to play all of you guys tbh, but you're just too far away. You should make that trip to Florence and come play melee all dai with me, mott, and yay. That rhymes >.>

DJRome

Smash Hero
gfoxy, where u going in 4 months? btw, im the azn dude w/ the brown dude u played doubles with on that pink tv that some rando kept unplugging before doubles if u remember

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
even Yay had a thread on smashboards about how he was quitting once. nobody ever quits Melee.

and by the way, Young Link is my best, thus I main him, and he's my favorite. I don't care what tier he is in. It isn't for ****s though. I've never been more serious about a character.

Though I'll be using gay characters unless I respect the opponent.

Foxy, you don't know me. Please try not to explain things for me to other people. Why do I feel like everyone keeps looking at me in a negative light? BRRR

oh and
denied rides to HERB2 and TO5? I couldn't leave the ****ing house, don't even act like I didn't want to go. My parents are out of the country so I had to watch the ****ing pets at the house, ****, of course I wanted to go to TO5. Herb2 I was still on the ridiculous strict diet with timed, strict meals I can't have anywhere but home. But to say I chose not to capitalize pisses me right the **** off.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
DJRome, I remember you. :) Good friendlies! I'm in the military, so I travel a lot, sir. I'm due to leave SC in January. By the way, that pink TV was mine. :p

TRC, calm down sir. I don't mean any hostility. I still wuv you. :D I don't mean to create a bad environment. And I do agree--no one can quit smash. Except Ken. :p

Kiyo, I'd love to play you! If only I could drive.. :( You guys should all come down here and play some weekend. Just for fun. I'll get you guys a place to stay and all that if you want!

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
TRC - Yeah I didn't mean any disrespect or anything like I said. I was just going by what I was told, and that was my fault. I also don't think anyone was being serious or anything, just ****ing around I thought. I'd still like to play you one day. Cool that you got a main you really like playing. Gay characters? Sheik gay or spacies gay? lol

Foxy - Yar that's usually how it is in SC. People usually don't play unless we come to them so we usually don't travel often unless it's worth it, lol. Had a couple lol trips to play people that just ended up being a waste of gas money. I wouldn't mind some different people to play though....I still love playing with yay and mott but we all play so often that another person in the mix would be sex.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely sir! Try having 0 people to play. :p No one at my command plays, so it's difficult for me to find ANYONE without being able to drive. It kinda sucks for me being in the smash community. But yeah, me and Yay play somewhat frequently... I mean Don Hudson. :D

I'm so desperate for "action," that I'd drop you guys some gas money if you were able to take a weekend off or something. I've been wanting to play moTT for awhile, even though we all stayed at FM's for TO5. None of us played each other, so this would be a good opportunity to practice up a bit. I'm not a random scrub, either, I promise. I'm just not the best, that's all. :p But I know what I'm doing. I heard about your escapade down to Charleston to play a small group of nublets whose best player was "good, because he could use the shine as an offensive move." Made me laugh a lot. Yay's told me a lot about you guys making trips that weren't worth it. I'm sure he'd be down for coming to play if you guys are.

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
I'd definitely be down for it, but we should make sure all three of us go when we do. It's not like any of us are technically amazing or anything, so no worries about you being a random scrub. Random scrubs need people to play to get better too. I'll actually ask mott and yay about it since I doubt they check this thread very often and see what's up.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
TRC - Yeah I didn't mean any disrespect or anything like I said. I was just going by what I was told, and that was my fault. I also don't think anyone was being serious or anything, just ****ing around I thought. I'd still like to play you one day. Cool that you got a main you really like playing. Gay characters? Sheik gay or spacies gay? lol.
I have been sounding more and more like a **** as this thread goes on, apologies, I was just clarifying that YL is indeed serious for me <3

People are always welcome to come here for Melee, but hey, it's Charleston. I will be able to travel soon but I already promised the Savannah GA guys I'd pay them a visit first.

@ Foxy yeah, but who cares about Ken? :p

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
I figured that was a given. Don Hudson>world.

No one really cares about Ken anymore, to be honest. Except those who watch his videos and see people commenting about how amazing he is, even though he's too old to be any good in today's community.

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
What do you mean by too old? You're not going with that you can't teach an old dog new tricks things are you? He was pretty good...and no I'm not meat riding. He's not good at all compared to today's standards, but he had the read and mindgames...he could probably pick it up and compete. He'd probably be doing it just for the money though so **** that.

Also...I'm selling exclusive nudes of Don Hudson. Get at me.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
How much for an 8x10? Actually, how 'bout a poster?

Yeah, if he wanted to, he could get back into it. I don't think the world is ready for that though.

Top Bottom