• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savannah's trying again on July 26th

ss118

Smash Master
This is happening and the date will not change!

This has been one of Savannah's biggest flaws in tournament-holding. However, we have 2 months of planning already put into this, and so now we can give the date 2 months ahead of time.

This is melee! Brawl IS there, too, but the melee tournaments will be the first priority.

Extra setups are highly appreciated! We have a buttload of plugs and room, and atm we only have 5 TVs. Thats not enough for everyone wanting to play melee AND brawl. We're mainly looking for extra TVs and Wiis.

Anyhow, the date is July 26th, the third Saturday of the month. The place is 134 East Brandywine Road, for anyone who wants to google it before "commiting", per se. I'll post specific rules later, when I get my own laptop back...

The rules are very standard. melee should be burned into ya'lls peoples mind, so I won't go into detail for those rules. Look in the gigabits thread for brawl rules. I'll probably be copying+pasting that ****(unless they mind). No items btw.

The money will be split 50, 25, 15. The last 10% will go to the place hosting this. If anyone has a better spread, please feel free to suggest it. $10 entry fee for ALL tournaments: Singles and Doubles(20$ a team), for melee and brawl.

In fact, ANY suggestion is appreciated. When I have more time, i can be specific, but homeroom doesn't give me the flexibility that i am looking for.

I don't expect this topic to last very long, but I hope it lasts long enough for some Georgia players to take a glimpse at it. I won't have any time to be posting in this till "every homeroom period".

-From the members of Savannah; Articanus, Drugged Fox, Stalin, Kaddy, SevenDeadlySins(SDS), and Triforce Eternal

GAwes

Hidden Boss
im not trying to change your mind on anything, just stating my opinion, there is probably a 30-40 percent chance i'll show up to this if its melee, maybe slightly higher, and there would probably be a 60-70 percent chance i'd show up if it were brawl, anyway, we'll see how this goes, rulesets, response, **** like that, so we'll see, i'm god**** aweful at melee and dont feel like travelling to be beat by people i used to destroy haha, unless i get a chance to dust off the old falcon. i'll let you know in a month or so

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
There's a strong possibility that I will be moving to Statesborough by the end of the summer. With it only being an hour from Savannah, I'd probably be able to make it.

Like GA_Wes though, I'd rather it be Brawl. (btw, you're back in GA now Wes?)

GAwes

Hidden Boss
There's a strong possibility that I will be moving to Statesborough by the end of the summer. With it only being an hour from Savannah, I'd probably be able to make it.

Like GA_Wes though, I'd rather it be Brawl. (btw, you're back in GA now Wes?)
nah, still in jolly old england, be back in ATL july 17th =D

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
btw i'm still @ school so if you're in ATL wes come and stomp xif again for laughs

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Woot i can come. I'm saying this cuz I have something over the summer for 6 weeks, but luckily it ends the week before. WOOT

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Will anybody offer any housing Im from Mobile, Al and a few others possiblly I will like to come to this.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
im not trying to change your mind on anything, just stating my opinion, there is probably a 30-40 percent chance i'll show up to this if its melee, maybe slightly higher, and there would probably be a 60-70 percent chance i'd show up if it were brawl, anyway, we'll see how this goes, rulesets, response, **** like that, so we'll see, i'm god**** aweful at melee and dont feel like travelling to be beat by people i used to destroy haha, unless i get a chance to dust off the old falcon. i'll let you know in a month or so
I was so hoping to be one of those people to beat you whom you used to destroy :(

:pPPPPPP

I'm totally up for some Melee.

ss118

Smash Master
By "june", I meant "tomorrow's homeroom period"
.....which is being cut atm because of a locker check =O

Play melee. We are going to have a Brawl section, but that's four tournaments(singles + doubles for Melee + brawl). That'll take a while......

Will anybody offer any housing Im from Mobile, Al and a few others possiblly I will like to come to this.
I can't respond to this atm. But that's why I'm giving 2 months head notice. we'll need to know the amount of people coming, and the days of housing(ex: day before + after the tournament).

Edited first post

ragnarock

Smash Lord
By "june", I meant "tomorrow's homeroom period"
.....which is being cut atm because of a locker check =O

Play melee. We are going to have a Brawl section, but that's four tournaments(singles + doubles for Melee + brawl). That'll take a while......

I can't respond to this atm. But that's why I'm giving 2 months head notice. we'll need to know the amount of people coming, and the days of housing(ex: day before + after the tournament).

Edited first post
Well, most likely it would be 2 others so 3 in all, and the day before and after the tourney we always leave that early that morning.

ss118

Smash Master
There's a hotel really close by the venue, if u want to stay there. We could probably let you stay in the front of the venue too, but bring sleeping bags =]

ss118

Smash Master
Just posting to say that housing IS offered, but it's for a limited amount of people, so it's first come first serve.

Top Bottom