• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa will not read your wishlist and put your characters under the christmass tree

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
Like the older sibling who felt it necessary to tell you that santa wasn't real, I feel that i should tell you something. No matter how many people you convince your submitted character would be great or how balanced and original their move set is, what you say should be in brawl has very little (see: none) effect on who will appear in brawl. While throwing out ideas and thinking of which characters would make brawl better is fun, it is more or less just us trying to pass the time until brawl rocks our collective faces off. My guess is that We're all hopelessly wrong on alot of the characters and it will be pretty funny when we hear characters announced that will make people say "hey, why didn't i think of that?" or "that's stupid, (insert the character you want int brawl most here) totally deserved a spot mor than him/her/it". My point is don't take these character discussion too seriously because it probably won't make too much difference in the end.

PS i'm sorry if you didn't know santa wasn't real, once you get over that, coping with the loss of the easter bunny is a bit less painful :lick:

QERB

Banned via Warnings
Like the older sibling who felt it necessary to tell you that santa wasn't real, I feel that i should tell you something. No matter how many people you convince your submitted character would be great or how balanced and original their move set is, what you say should be in brawl has very little (see: none) effect on who will appear in brawl. While throwing out ideas and thinking of which characters would make brawl better is fun, it is more or less just us trying to pass the time until brawl rocks our collective faces off. My guess is that We're all hopelessly wrong on alot of the characters and it will be pretty funny when we hear characters announced that will make people say "hey, why didn't i think of that?" or "that's stupid, (insert the character you want int brawl most here) totally deserved a spot mor than him/her/it". My point is don't take these character discussion too seriously because it probably won't make too much difference in the end.

PS i'm sorry if you didn't know santa wasn't real, once you get over that, coping with the loss of the easter bunny is a bit less painful :lick:
......Word

Tera253

Smash Ace
Agreed. Tera is in the works of making the best Smash Bros. movie ever, with all the characters Tera wants to see as of this exact moment.

all the movie would be would be the intro screen, and a mix of 2 movies. the characters that would be featured would be:
Mario
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Wario
Pit
MetaKnight
ZSS
Snake
the 2 movies would be E3 & Nintendo World.

Worse yet is all the dorky 3rd party character wishses that have shown up.
(in total, there are only 3 characters that Tera really wants to see in the game more than anything, but she's withholding their names.)
~Tera253~

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
While I agree with you, Shazbot, on an individual basis, if word gets out that enough people all together really, REALLY want one single character in Brawl, guess what? Chances are they're going to be in Brawl. That's how Marth and Roy got over here.

For Brawl, I'd imagine that character would be Sonic the Hedgehog. If enough people want him, Nintendo is going to take notice, and indeed they already have.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer

No kidding... Did you think that up all by yourself?:psycho:

We all know it's useless. But why stop having fun just because it serves no purpose?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Ow jees, are you stupid or what? We all KNOW that what we're doing is total crap because none of the producers will listen to it. But so what? We gotta do something in the meantime, right? And every 5-years old kid can imagine that those discussions shouldn't be taken seriously, we are also humans with an IQ above 5.

Your post almost make me feel like you think you're the first person who says this.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Okay, dude everyone knows that the developers aren't looking for ideas on Smashboards.

Awesome.

But reading about how awesome it would be to have the Happy Mask Salesman as a WTF character, is really awesome. So don't deny mah fun.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
Yeah of course its cool to think of characters, i just think its ridiculous when people throw out obscure third party people and it's even worse when people agree with them.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Santa isn't real! OH EM GEE!

Yes, we know that Sakurai, Miyamato, or generic Sora/Nintendo employee won't see this forum, or take it seriously. Still, that doesn't mean any of the suggested characters do or don't have a chance. And if they don't make it in, so what? It's still fun to see the creativity and arguments go which way for which character. Besides, forums are for conversing anyway, which is what happens here.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
While throwing out ideas and thinking of which characters would make brawl better is fun, it is more or less just us trying to pass the time until brawl rocks our collective faces off.
No ****ing kdding. Why do you think we even bother guessing at the characters? We're trying to pass the time by having some fun guessing who might make it in. Not a single person here beleives, nor has any one here ever beleived that these suggestions are being taken and reviewed by anybody important. Stop trying to act all high and mighty. "Okay kids, settle down, it's not real." Jeez. >_>

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
Idk i more or less made this after seeing the umpteenth suggestion of a sword wielding character which sent me into a "everyone in the world sucks" mood.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Right, we know no one's taking our suggestions. So what would you rather have, a bunch of cool, albeit pointless in the long run, character threads, or a bunch of boring, still pointless, "yeah, brawl's gonna be cool..." threads?

D

Deleted member

Yes, well I always got what I wanted from Santa. Mainly because I didn't aim at the stars.

He'll probably have at least several 'WTF?' positions, and i have several good ideas for those.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Look dude, this isn't Nsiders... The majority (if not all) of us are very well aware that our various ideas and suggestion have absolutely NO effect on the finished product - Sakurai and Co. are in FULL control of what goes in and what doesn't, regardless of what the popular choices may be. The entire reason behind the Character Discussion is just what you alluded to - to pass the time. And with the almost complete drought of information following E3 2006 (c'mon, Nintendo World didn't show us much of what we didn't already know or expect...) what do you expect?

On a side note, Santa DOES in fact exist - or did at least... Ever hear of St. Nicholas? He was the Bishop of Myra (in modern-day Turkey) back in the 3rd Century, who is known to have had a reputation for secret gift-giving - the progenitor of the figure we would come to know as Santa Claus, Father Christmas, etc. Well, there's your history lesson for today.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Well come on this is a funny thread I mean look at the character idea's!!! Happy Mask Salesmen, Tingle, Tom Nook, Ctp. Olimar like WTF?!?! Espeacialy Happy Mask Salesmen that wasn't stupid that was funny. Tingle was stupid.....

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Happy Mask Salesmen is the most funniest idea ever I chuckled when I saw the pic in page one. *Turns all dark sinister and serious**speaks in demonic tone* but if he were in the game that would be the most *fill in a row of curse words and wtf'ness in here* character in the game.

kmokmo

Smash Cadet
Happy Mask Salesmen is the most funniest idea ever I chuckled when I saw the pic in page one. *Turns all dark sinister and serious**speaks in demonic tone* but if he were in the game that would be the most *fill in a row of curse words and wtf'ness in here* character in the game.
actually if he were in the game i'd laugh my... head... off

HarryPotter

Smash Cadet
ahhh. that's why I've got low expectations for the game.
"those who think low are never disappointed."
~HarryPotter~ (me)
I expected the Wii to be $250, and was off by 1 cent. I wasn't disappointed like those of us who were half expecting it to be $150 or $200.
-HP-

Top Bottom