• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down to play Thursday afternoon on campus. Can't be back in SC before then unfortunately

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to play on campus in the library tomorrow, around 5pm (that's when parking is free at the remote lots). I'd really love to play SHERIDAN if possible!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I will get out of my seminar around 5, so maybe that can happen. Joe and I may have climbing plans though I dunno.

ALSO, NEWS FLASH FOR FRIDAY:
We need to get to SB before 9:30, and Joe gets out of class at 4:40, so I'm going to drive to school that day will all my stuff in the car ready to go, and pick up Joe when he gets out of class. Where can I pick up you guys?

hoteske

Smash Rookie
Sup all! My name is Hamilton, and I would be totally down to meet up once in a while to play smash.

I was at the s&e libby at like 9 and played vs Robbie and Thomas. You guys in this thread?

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Thomas is, not sure who Robbie is though. There should be some smash happening at the library tomorrow around 5pm.

If anyone wants to show up earlier, I'll probably be hanging around around 4 (getting out of class at 3:45).

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
def trying to climb

we could go to the quarry and then hit the library after if u wanted
That sounds good. You get out at like 3:45 right? So swing by my office (or call me) when you're out and let me know where you want to meet. Then we'll climb at the quarry and probably hit the library sometime between 5:30 and 6?

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
Thomas is, not sure who Robbie is though. There should be some smash happening at the library tomorrow around 5pm.

If anyone wants to show up earlier, I'll probably be hanging around around 4 (getting out of class at 3:45).
I should be on campus by then, so I'll take you up on this offer.

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
Sup all! My name is Hamilton, and I would be totally down to meet up once in a while to play smash.

I was at the s&e libby at like 9 and played vs Robbie and Thomas. You guys in this thread?
have you played with anyone else besides thomas? i dont know who robbie is, but i am interested in playing him as well as you. drop your number, we mainly use texting and smashboards for communication.

my number is 510-585-8849. also im erick. hey.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Rob is just a friend of mine; he would've came yesterday if he didn't have class. I was practicing a different Yoshi playstyle with him at the library that I thought would've improved my current one, but it ended up being detrimental.

joeplicate

Smash Master
I started to re-read the great gatsby earlier this week and I'm loving it

awhile ago I ordered man, woman, and nature at your recommendation. its awesome but takes an insane amount of attention to read, so I stalled on it

:phone:

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
that's a good book

joe, i had the opposite problem: it was so good that i zoomed right through it and now, months later, i hardly remember much. but idc. i think it's a common intellectual trap to try to understand everything immediately. i'm a big fan of absorbing it all, letting it permeate my psyche, and then letting it simmer for weeks, days, or years, until a random synchronicity prompts me to re-explore the passion.

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
not sure. all i know is that nick beat westballz in pools, even though he didnt make it out.

also i have heard truman mention something about going to organize a little smashfest this sunday when everyone gets back for the rest of us unable to make it to sb. im not sure if this was a fevered dream of mine when i was still racked with sickness... ah yes those were the days. i would be waiting for hours, staring at the ceiling and would will (unsuccessfully) for sleep to come. eventually i would gaze at the clock and realize only minutes have passed. It was as if time had lifted its foot off the accelerator and reality petered to a slow crawl. i then figured that this must be what immortality is like: staring at the clock, waiting for it to tick and for the sun to rise, and most importantly waiting for things to get better. but it doesnt, and it doesnt, and it DOESNT.

but then it did and im ok now.

anyways my point is that everyone might want to maybe kinda consider keeping some of sunday night free? also i dont wanna get any hopes up about this.

also thomas! dont actually do this until we have actual confirmation anything is happening, but once we do, would it be possible for you to contact Rob and Hamilton for them to join us? i also MIGHT have a friend of a friend from high school who is interested in smash, but has never been able to locate the smash scene in sc.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I saw Dajuan win a couple of money matches on a stream; nice job!

I don't have Hamilton's number but I can contact Rob. Are you talking about the smashfest? I should have some free time for it.

hoteske

Smash Rookie
have you played with anyone else besides thomas? i dont know who robbie is, but i am interested in playing him as well as you. drop your number, we mainly use texting and smashboards for communication.

my number is 510-585-8849. also im erick. hey.
Hey erick! You guys can text me with 408 637 4440.

I'll be sure to stop by and meet you all when I get the time.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
On a side note, I most likely won't be able to go to the smashfest if we have it because I'm feeling absolutely terrible thanks to some virus I picked up on Friday.

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
On a side note, I most likely won't be able to go to the smashfest if we have it because I'm feeling absolutely terrible thanks to some virus I picked up on Friday.
my conscience is clear. i havent left the house since wednesday till saturday. i dont think you caught it from me, but maybe we both have/had the same thing. my body is still dedicating 100% of its energy into making mucus.

i think my body has its own reasoning process and it goes something like this:

"yes, mucus is a thing that i need a LOT more of. no appetite? little nutrients? better use all of erick's energy into making it. yes. more mucus. yes..."

Crowing

Smash Cadet
A girl on the racquetball team is going to MIT for microbiology. Her specific interest is studying mucus....weird.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I went to the health center and they said it's a virus that's been going around. Did you also get the chills and a fever? I'm going easy on cold relievers because I took a lot of them recently. If it wasn't for DayQuil I wouldn't have won that Brawl tournament yesterday, let alone walk outside.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
just got home.......

i doubt anyones on / wants to play at this hour...... BUT i'd be down for late night adventures

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Joe did pretty well I think. Sheridan made it out of pools but didn't do as well. Sheridan and Adam (I don't know Adam) did pretty badly in teams, and Joe and I didn't do that well either. Dajuan and Clayton scraped us, and we narrowly lost to Mango and Wes (they were at death %s on their last stocks in game 3). We beat two mediocre teams.

I was pretty disappointed with my performance. I thought I was gonna win most of my pools matches, as I was ahead in most of them and I felt like I had the momentum. But three different times I got impatient as people played super defensive on their last stocks in game 3, and then I approached stupidly.

Dajuan and Wes had an epic money match--if it were recorded it'd be the most hype ****.

edit: Apparently Joe and I got 7th and doubles, as did Sheridan's team, which is pretty meh considering there were 16ish teams. Joe got 7th in singles also.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I was watching some of the stream throughout the day. Wes's falco is bat**** crazy, and he was playing kinda off apparently.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
In his MM vs Dajuan he played falcon and it was also ****ing crazy. He won one match with a scar jump --> weak knee --> double jump strong knee, and the last game with another janky weak knee --> strong knee combo. Craziest **** I've seen like ever..

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Excuse my lack of tournament experience, but do pools matches involve two randomly chosen players from a certain skill level play against each other?

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Not that I am an expert:

Pools will have a top seed player, and pretty good player, then pretty much 3-4 more random players. For example, my pool at Don't Go Down there Jeff (only tournament I went to) had S2J, and Taj as the high seeds in my pool, then 3 other kinda random people with me being the lowest seed person. Depending on the tournament size, top two or three players will make it into the next pool or into bracket. Everyone plays each other in their pool.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i got 7th? niceeee

that's pretty tight, that means i beat everyone who isn't better than me
(mango, oscar, wes, johnny, dajuan, zac [bob$ is **** and we tied lol])

the best part of the tournament by FAR was saying dÜmba** inside jokes from santa cruz really loudly

housing with joey and visiting wax city with kadar as our ambassador

and wes/dajuan's sick mm, nick **** talking dajuan mercilessly the last night

erick your sick posts are ****ing hilarious hahahaha

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be in SC Saturday evening to see the Cloud 9 concert (it's free). If people want to smash, I could come earlier and play. I don't care too much either way though--I got my fill this past weekend.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I am always down to play and kinda salty, because I played like garbage last time we played.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Joe did pretty well I think. Sheridan made it out of pools but didn't do as well. Sheridan and Adam (I don't know Adam) did pretty badly in teams, and Joe and I didn't do that well either. Dajuan and Clayton scraped us, and we narrowly lost to Mango and Wes (they were at death %s on their last stocks in game 3). We beat two mediocre teams.

I was pretty disappointed with my performance. I thought I was gonna win most of my pools matches, as I was ahead in most of them and I felt like I had the momentum. But three different times I got impatient as people played super defensive on their last stocks in game 3, and then I approached stupidly.

Dajuan and Wes had an epic money match--if it were recorded it'd be the most hype ****.

edit: Apparently Joe and I got 7th and doubles, as did Sheridan's team, which is pretty meh considering there were 16ish teams. Joe got 7th in singles also.
aye money match me ;)

Top Bottom