• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Tournament March 3rd: Presented by Dyse

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Where:
7702 Nature Pass,
San Antonio, TX 78249
(like 2 blocks away from UTSA)

When:
March 3, 2007 (First Saturday)

Entry fee:
$10 per tournament

Tourneys to be held:
Super Smash Bros. Melee and Naruto:GNT4

Payout:
1st: 70% of pot
2nd: 20% of pot
3rd: 5% of pot
(Other 5% goes to house for maintance/cleaning)

Schedule:
1:00pm: Smash Bros. Melee Tournament, then immediatly after, Naruto:GNT4 Tourney

Tourney Rules:
All tourneys will be double elimination

SSBM: MLG Tournament Rules

Naruto:GNT4: No bans (except Akumaru and Karasu)
Best 3 out of 5 Rounds
Finals Best 5 out of 7 Rounds
No Time Limit

If you have any questions, feel free to email either to me(Maverick-X) IVIaverick.X@gmail.com or Dyse, Chronowarp@gmail.com
or call at (210)724-9625 or (832)466-6753

If you have any questions about needing housing, let me know here or send an email to Dyse (Chronowarp@gmail.com), Maverick-X (IVIaverick.X@gmail.com), or I (rubyweapon286@hotmail.com) I will keep in touch with Dyse about any information that suffices here.

Maverick-X

Smash Rookie
If time allows, and by popular demand. Also, if by popular demand, I would like to add SF:3rd Strike and KOF tourney if anyone is intrested.

PS: Dyse said you can't team up with Adrian =P

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
If time allows, we might have tourneys for those games, but only if time allows.

This should be a big tournament, guys. We already have some of the best in Texas promised to be there, so everyone needs to come!

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
If time allows...I dunno, everyone else was saying it! But yeah, I think we should do 2v2 GNT4 also. Of course, that's if there's enough time.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ehh..This is right before Host 2 >_>. Would be good practice..I wanna save my money though >_>..

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Ehh..This is right before Host 2 >_>. Would be good practice..I wanna save my money though >_>..

My thoughts exactly. If CC wasn't going then I would have a good chance to make a decent mount of money instead of an iffy chance at getting 2nd or 3rd. I'll wait till HOST2. I'm gonna get smash/Naruto tomorrow anyway, that should satisfy me. :) Unless Dyse still wants to MM me for $100, then it might be worth going. :chuckle:

Man, I'm so rusty in Naruto. :laugh:

Mr.C

Smash Master
insted of taking 5% of of 3rd just take that amount of money from the point

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
It's true, there are more pros in Naruto than there are in Melee. The fact is, Naruto is just too easy to master. I doesn't take as much skill as Melee does.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
who cares how easy it may be, its a fun game that can still be challenging to win at when you play different people. it may not be as technical as smash, actually, it ISNT as technical as smash, but it is still a very fun game and can be competitive. dont hate, appreciate! BELIEVE IT!

Mr.C

Smash Master
it is a fun game, but you cant deny that 1-2 characters in that game cant be beaten = no fun lol

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
it is a fun game, but you cant deny that 1-2 characters in that game cant be beaten = no fun lol
True...but that's why you don't main those characters during casual, or even tourny play. I felt kind of dirty using OTKN, and you could see my inexperience with him. Yesterday was my first time playing him in tourny...and I didn't do so hot. The characters we play here in TX are really fun, for the most part.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I think I epitomize the idea of TX playing fun characters. I fricking main Ino. WTF is that crap?! :laugh:

Rice, do you not play Gaara anymore at all? :( He's still way too **** good, you should play him more. I'm starting to want to play Naruto again, and I will be using him more.

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
I think I epitomize the idea of TX playing fun characters. I fricking main Ino. WTF is that crap?! :laugh:

Rice, do you not play Gaara anymore at all? :( He's still way too **** good, you should play him more. I'm starting to want to play Naruto again, and I will be using him more.

lol, wtf? I played him the majority of the time during the tourny! I'm just picking up a lot of other people now.

oh...and ino is not fun, she's annoying ><

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
I main Oro and Gaara because of how fun they are. OTKN and Itachi are more broken than ANY melee character.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
its pure truth
JF: we will see whos lowtier is better if you want :D
shikamaru vs ino

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Eh, I think it's a combination of the two. Chang will disagree with this (I think) but imo the best chars in the game are as follows: Temari, Itachi, OTK, CS2 Sasuke, Kisame. Kimi, A. Hinata, (<3) Neji and Gaara are close behind those.

I play: Ino, A Hinata, Gaara, Jiroubou, and when I feel like playing someone uber broke, Kisame. (how can I not, I was the first person around here to really get good with him, and I invented his best combo. :p)

Mr.C

Smash Master
gaara is a cheap ***** lols

play naruto and just do the jab jab cancel LOL

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL forkgirl I was thinking the same thing...why did I read this?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Psh, why would we talk about smash in a smash forum? Besides, Naruto is obviously a far superior game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom