• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's best stages?

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
(Apologies if there's a thread like this already, but I skimmed the two pages of this board and didn't see one.)

Which stages does Samus play her best in? I secondary her unarmored form, and have lately been using her more often, and I'm curious as to where she's most in her element. I can imagine that she loves Battlefield, as her up-B and up smash reach into the platforms above her, giving her the upper hand when her opponents are up there. But I focus more on the details of her game in the Power Suit, and I'd like to hear the opinion's of some of the more experienced ZSS players in regards to stage preference.

L_Lawliet

Smash Rookie
I not an expirienced ZSS mainer but I think that I can give a good opinion based on the time I've spent playing with her.

As you said Battlefield is just great. It has platforms to which you can send your opponents with a simple u-tilt and then beat them with the u-smash and u-b. So basically any stage that has platforms is reasonably good for her. Another I'm thinking of is Delfino Plaza, especially the parts in which the stage is flying because there is where you'll get a battlefield-ish stage. Also, one stage that is good for ZSS (regardless of how much I hate it) is the scrolling DK stage (forgot the name -.-). You can use ZSS's speed to quickly navigate through the stage and take advantege of when the enemy is above you. It's also somewhat easier for ZSS to uair them into the spikes on the stage.

But besides platforms another thing to consider when choosing a stage is the edges. This is because an advanced strategy (not technique) with ZSS is to d-smash recovering opponents and stage spike them with a bair.

Sorry for the very incomplete answer but I can't really think well today. Anyway, things with platforms and "solid", angled edges are usually good.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
definetly battlefield, platforms make it easier to juggle your opponents

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield. Platforms are win. But don't pick Battlefield against a Snake unless you want to get owned.

Top Bottom