• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus vs Link

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
Now, my cousin plays Link mainly, and is getting better all the time. He only recently got the game you see, and now that he has unlimited access to the game, he is confident that he will soon rise up and usurp my position as Just About the Best Player in the Family. I need help devising a good strategy for defeating Link with Samus so I can crush his confidence and remain the better player for longer. All suggestions are welcome.

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
CC>dsmash seemed to work well for me. Space with ftilt and dsmash. Dont forget that the hits for the upb are wierd, u can dodge the first couple frames and then be fine for the rest...plus it doesnt hit right beside him after a while...if u stay close and drift in late, u wont get hit. As well, dair beats his upb on the ground.

EDIT. His grapple won't grab you out of the air, so if u bomb drop right when he grapples he will miss you

Psi

Smash Cadet
Honestly theres only so much you can do. Everyone is going to play link differently. The best way to learn to beat his link is to play him but until then try looking at the matchup threads. They often have vs. character strategies.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Shield his up-b, wave-dash out of shield to downsmash

Don't try to edge-guard him. Rather, wait by the edge so he sweet-spots, then wavedash back and forward smash/tilt.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
i disagree. you can edge hog to roll up smash, or you can edge hog and use invincibility frames to sex kick. but dont try to utilt the ledge if hes up Bing from below cuz you dont have the range usually. but edge hog is good if you can avoid his up B i.e. if he does it normally, or if he does it after using grapple.

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
I can see I'll have to work on my wavedashing, from what Phanna says. It does seem to be very useful. Thanks for all the advice so far!

Corigames

Smash Hero
What can you do? If possible, make a video. If not, can you Missile cancel or meteor smash? Those are some easy things to do to help. To go further, try Super Wave Dashing. It might not be "affective" for fighting, but you might just scare the living crap out of him doing it. Practice in secret for added affect ;)

Top Bottom