• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus v Marth Help?

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
To be fair, Timmy's like the best Kirby main in the world...
You didn't say there had to be any scale, ratio or margin. All you said was that Kirby wasn't a match for a HALF decent Marth. Those Marths may not have been the best but they were at least HALF decent.
Anyways my point from the beginning is that I can play a Kirby game that counteracts a Marth, not that it's a normal thing and I never suggested it to anyone else.

Back to the main topic of Samus, I find that bombs are a good deterrent for almost any enemy, you can also use them to do multiple bomb jumps and just keep going then when you eventually do something nobody expects it!!

Beat

Smash Ace
That in its self is a comment.
Btw I think this thread is slowly dying seeing as how nobody is posting anything relevant recently.
Incedentally that coincides with your arrival. Maybe they read your posts and killed themselves?

Corigames

Smash Hero
That in its self is a comment.
Btw I think this thread is slowly dying seeing as how nobody is posting anything relevant recently.
Not even you.

The fact of the matter is that yes, it is possible for Samus to beat a Marth. There in lies the problem because the only way you CAN do so is if the Marth makes mistakes. There is no, I repeat, NO reason for a Marth to lose to a Samus. Not because of stage, matchup, or game mode. He literally can hit you through every single attack you have, and, even if he thinks you can, what is stopping him from dodging into a grab > combo > death. Marth SHOULD always win in a Samus matchup.

If you want to have a chance beating him, you need some impressive mind games. I, evidentally, don't give great advice on how to get mind games, but you need them none the less. If you are playing a n00b, this should be easy enough, but a more experienced player has probably seen every thing you could have possibly to put out there. You just need to make sure you mix it up.

Is it impossible? No. Is it plausible? No. Any and every Marth that has figured out that the C-stick is a good thing will probably knock a stock or two of of you. Should you be discouraged? NO! The last thing you want to do is go into a fight already beaten. If you keep your spirits up, you could have a chance of doing something break-through.

Best of luck,
Corey

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
How did this thread go from Marth vs. Samus to Marth vs. Kirby? Those non Samus mains who are talking need to GTFO please, or at least stay on topic.. This thread should be closed now because its now a complete waste of space..
EDIT: Chocobo needs to quit fu.cking hating also. I dont know you or nothing, but seriously, if you are going to start random **** with people you should GTFO. No disrespect, Im just sayin, your responses to certain comments is what fu.cked up this thread.
*votes for thread to be closed for all eternity*

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
-your secondary is ok for complimenting samus, but not that well.
OK? You mean, the 2nd best choice of a character to use against Marth?
ur complaining about ur marth matchup right now. and against a good marth, fox is worse on marth than fox is. if u want the perfect compliment to samus, its sheik.
Fox is worse on Marth than Fox is? Wah?

Anyways, if he USES Fox, he might as well stick with Fox rather than picking up a new character. Sure, people say Shiek is easy to use...but at higher levels of play, she definately isn't.
-Fox is an excellent complement, because if you have a good Fox, the match-up with Marth is even.
Mew2King and CunningKitsune convinced me that Fox has a slight advantage. Nevertheless, yes, Fox is an excellent choice (then comes CFalcon and Falco who go even with Marth).
I can also play well with Mewtwo, Roy, Captain falcon, Kirby, Zelda and Sheik.
Against noobs it seems.
For a good way of fighting Marth I find that any of those last 3 are good choices (personally) because I can use them to either get around his attacks or counter them.
Play good/experienced Marth players.
.I've also heard from some good Mario players that his cape is a godsend against Marth's Fsmash.
Actually...it's not. Marth ***** Mario soo hard.
Who are these "good" Mario players? Your little cousins?
All of those Marth players suck...
And as mentioned before, yes, Timmy is one of the best Kirbys, as well as KrazyKirbyKid.
I mean, I can beat my little sister's Marth with Kirby, does that mean Kirby is good against Marth? By your logic...IT DOES!
Let's put a good Kirby vs a good Marth --> Mew2king vs Timmy. Last time I checked, Mew2King ***** his Kirby and Timmy had to switch characters (and still got *****).

You know what, I like your logic!

Pichu counters Shiek because I beat this 12 year old kid's Shiek with Pichu!!!

Anyways...go to any Kirby player (a good one) and ask about the Kirby vs Marth matchup, it's definately one of Kirby's worse matches. *link to Kirby forums*
If you take a look at Timmy's guide, you will see that Marth is listed as one of his hardest matches. Wait, isn't Timmy one of the players you're using as an example???

hmmm

Beat

Smash Ace
NJz just obliterated this thread with perfect logic and put it back on-course. Thank you.

I pose a question. What are your personal best ways to edgeguard Marth? The walk/run off into sexkick is effective, but better players catch on. How do you handle him offstage?

Also, to Flava, I've said this before. I'm trying to make this Samus/Marth, but people come in here barking about things like KIRBY and I need to shut them up. I don't really care about peoples' feelings ^.^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
NJz just obliterated this thread with perfect logic and put it back on-course. Thank you.

I pose a question. What are your personal best ways to edgeguard Marth? The walk/run off into sexkick is effective, but better players catch on. How do you handle him offstage?

Also, to Flava, I've said this before. I'm trying to make this Samus/Marth, but people come in here barking about things like KIRBY and I need to shut them up. I don't really care about peoples' feelings ^.^
did u even listen to triad? lol
when we were all in the samus workshop at smashpocalypse 2 i specifically asked him how to edgeguard marths and he showed us an example by if theyr far away fire a missile to guide them down to drop and sex kick (unavoidable if theyr in the lower half and not too close) or if u dont have enough time, forward tilt down angled then when u not em away, follow up with sex kick or edge hog and do stuff.

Beat

Smash Ace
did u even listen to triad? lol
when we were all in the samus workshop at smashpocalypse 2 i specifically asked him how to edgeguard marths and he showed us an example by if theyr far away fire a missile to guide them down to drop and sex kick (unavoidable if theyr in the lower half and not too close) or if u dont have enough time, forward tilt down angled then when u not em away, follow up with sex kick or edge hog and do stuff.
That works on scrubby Marth players. A LOT of things work on scrubby Marth players. However, truly good players use variety. Therefore, if the player catches on to the effective-yet-predictable sexkick edgeguard, I would like to know alternative strategies to the way I have been edgeguarding Marth since long before Triad said anything to me. Also, try ftilting someone when they sweetspot.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That works on scrubby Marth players. A LOT of things work on scrubby Marth players. However, truly good players use variety. Therefore, if the player catches on to the effective-yet-predictable sexkick edgeguard, I would like to know alternative strategies to the way I have been edgeguarding Marth since long before Triad said anything to me. Also, try ftilting someone when they sweetspot.
yea thats why i dont always rush in for the sex kick edgeguard as it dont always work. sometimes just edgehogging to something else is needed like edgehop down air maybe? if theyr high up, force him low, or if theyr too high, let them land and in theyr lag from their up b if hey use t, punish them.

Beat

Smash Ace
yea thats why i dont always rush in for the sex kick edgeguard as it dont always work. sometimes just edgehogging to something else is needed like edgehop down air maybe? if theyr high up, force him low, or if theyr too high, let them land and in theyr lag from their up b if hey use t, punish them.
Ledgehop > dair is terrible against anyone of consequence and is outprioritized by the ******** Dolphin Slash unless timed perfectly and is a meteor, which can be cancelled, thus making it a worthless edgeguard unless you're being showy. Edgehopping forward into a nair, however, might work if you maintain invincibility frames. That's something I have a problem with, though. I understand the concept of forcing Marth into a low recovery, but when does a good Marth EVER intentionally land on-stage with an upB unless he's reverse Dolphin Slashing for a kill?

Does anyone have experience against decent Marth players?

AIDS

Smash Lord
i find at higher level this match up is pretty fair, samus just needs to be good at wall tech and sweet spot, and know how to DI well, if you can do that, i think it is a pretty fair game, but never DI into a marth....that is a death wish!

Top Bottom