• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus to Rest...

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
I need some help again.

Yes, its true.

I requested some help not too long ago because I had a player who fell in love with Fox's Usmash.

What did you guys do.

You told me about the Usmash rest and much more.

Since then I've made him look like a fool (just like I did with his Ness) and now what?

He switched to Samus.

Theres no REAL problem with Samus, no one particular move that kills. I've become a much better player since my last SOS post.

But geez, don't his smash just annoy the hell out of me.

He likes to roll. He likes to lay bombs. Smash. Rinse. Repeat.

I've rested him a few times out of his roll. His lag in general leaves me some open opportunities. But again, I'm just throwing out the question if theres a simple 1,2 solution for resting him outta there after I get him past 30% or so.

Any personal strategies also would be GREATLY appreciated.

And thank you for reading. Long post, but your feedback is priceless to me.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
No good rest combos for Samus, rest him out of a missed grab, that's it. And jump out there and **** his bomb recovery.

Jigglypuff matches aren't ALL about getting rests.

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
rest him out of rolls if he likes to roll much .
Also as already mentionend crouch under his grab and rest him .

Also try resting after you hit him with pound .
And if hes like to lay bombs fsmash him out of them ?
You shouldn´t run into his smashes when he abuses them ... Mindgames, son.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
If I may suggest when, as a Samus player, I'm available for resting:

• As a punishment for a roll or missed screw-attack
• From a shielded or crouch-cancelled dash attack of Samus'
• From a missed grab
• If Samus jabs your shield up close (Jigglypuff's midair actually puts her BELOW Samus' jab, it's ridiculous lol).

Landing nairs can also lead into rests, but most other aerials won't (unless you edge cancel them hehe).

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
What do you mean by jiggly's midair? Are you talking about her neutral air?
I meant her jump, not her midair (jumps in air). Jigglypuff can start a jump right as Samus jabs, and it won't hit her... it was driving Rohins nuts.

=P.

Smash Apprentice
phanna prob isnt the place to say this but u r sick....
may i one day obtain ur skill level o great one lol
im being serious with skill level i need to get there so i cna get to more advamnced gameplay like at huge tournies

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Or if you aren't a great rester (like me), avoid a grab, F-smash to get them off and just hit a bomb (during bomb recovery). If they edgeguard you, avoid projectiles and pound to get them off and you back on!

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
I HATE SAMUS PLAYERS!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR
i have a freind that does the same ****.... but he spams missles.... and all.... heres what i do

IF YOU CANT GET THIS QUIT JIGGS!!!
1.Samus MISSED her GRAB!!! ZOMG u have about 3 seconds..... line it up kid...

RELIABLE THINGS
1. CC dash attack rest (works when u have VERY LIL damage)
2. Shield a dash attack jump out of ur shield rest
3. Shield her Fsmash jump out of shield rest
4. Backwards Nair to rest (20%-about 35%)
5. Up B on map (kinda hard if they pull DI games)
6. Dair Rest

COCKY STUFF yet AMAZING
1. Rest while they super wave dash across the level (If i ever play phanna.... i wanna do that :-D)
2. When Samus grabs the ledge and just hangs.... rest right as she pulls up to the ledge
3. When shes bomb recovering just jump out and try and hit a rest if u miss... u get bomb recovery to!!

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Well what you described to me sounded a whole lot like you were on the ground for the most part. I guess since the guy is used to the WoP I would go with some N-airs and D-airs to crush the projectiles. Also if he throws out a bomb close to you on the ground Pound it. It will not only take out the bomb and Samus but it will put her in place for one or two B-airs. Also since I don't always like to rest, I prefer to combo, I usually try and mess with their shield until I can land a falling U-air after that -> U-tilt-> U-smash-> U-air and then a bunch of U-airs depnding on platforms or none. Of course if the Samus is high in percents then yeah just ignore doing the bunch of U-airs and try and kill her upwards.

If your friend is rolling and then smashing be thankful he isn't WD then smashing. :(
IF he does end up doing this which is a great spacing game is you will have to fake him out and Air Dodge up. Or you must Pound into the attack. A good thing to make a normal Samus player use this is Wall of Paining them. After you see a Samus WD back from a B-air DI away and shield. The you can possibly rest or Pound, either way that should always friend's F-smashes.

If the person you are playing uses a little combo to get a Plasma blast off, ooh what is it , Missle to the Blast. If you are in the air just simply Fair the missle and then pound or N-air the Blast. Not much but it saves you from damage and probably makes them annoyed and more likely to screw up. Also expect a dash attack after this so maybe that CC rest or OoS rest everyone is talking about.

Sliq

Smash Master
You can aerial through all of Samus's missiles, so missile spam shouldn't be a problem. Just space your attacks very well when the Samus has low damage, as she will CC down smash you in the face. If he tries to sweet spot beam recover, drop below the beam and hit him as he pulls himself towards the ledge. If you actually time it right, you can hit him regardless of whether or not he pulls himself to the edge immediately.

Top Bottom