• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus missile glitch: invisible missile

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
don't go all nuts on me if this has already been explained but something weird happened the other day when i was playing with samus....

FD
Samus Vs Falco

i shot a non tracker missile from the ground and falco reflected

the missile then disappeared and promptly exploded on my face.

a couple days ago the same thing happened
i haven't seen this in vids or heard of it being mentioned so i thought i'd tell some people

homsar

Smash Ace
Simillar happened to me. I did a missle cancel so my opponent was freaked out. Then 10 seconds later he randomly exploded and died. I was sheilding when the explosion occured.

McD

Smash Journeyman
Just for the record...It wasn't me...and if it was...I probably kicked his but anyway...but its all good...Homsar used to be able to beat me...but now that I know my Captain Falcon & Ganondorf can go under those missles...I have the upper hand...
But its all good
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Just thought I would Through that out there
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ak47

Smash Journeyman
huh i never heard of this or seen it. do u think u can try to record a match and try to ctach the missile dissappearing, if so that would be great cuase i want to see this i tryed wat u said about how it happened to you but no use i could still see it and super sheild it back. a vid would be really cool.

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
i suspect it happened to me but according to the samus player i just didnt see it 'Final destination n all'

sumone should nail it if its possible...

ak47

Smash Journeyman
um did u have action replay on cause if u did it could have just bine a glitch side effect because of thataction replay thats way i never will use it. but if u did have it on that explains why it happened to you and not me if u didnt then i dont know what happened.

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
I shot a missile at Falco on Battlefield and he got it between a power-shield and a normal shield. The missile reflected behind him, at like 10:30 if you look at it like a clock. However, the missile reflected perfectly vertically, whereas the missile trail was still horizontal. We paused it and it looked awful goofy.

ak47

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah but that happens when you sheild a high coming missile so its happened before.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
speaking of invisible missles i once missle canceld a missle, but no missle appeared
i thought i just didnt shoot it fast enuogh but it was like the opponent got it by something and an explosion appeared

Aftermath

Smash Champion
This glitch has actually been around for quite some time, but no one's ever really said they've done it often or anything, so it seems weird that all of you have done it. It's been said that it's with the smash missile and it launches in the ground (during a frame where samus dips below the stage without actually landing) but not that it's invisible. If you look at the sticky Jasona posted, I think he includes his explanation of it.

But yeah, like if any of you can record it happening or like remember how (if you came from an odd height or something) you got it, someone might figure out how to reproduce it.

Jasona

Smash Ace
My guess is that if you become consistant at missle-canceling without the missle, but with the missle sound, then the timing for firing a missle within the stage should be right around there. Maybe they're the same thing. The only clue that I had that there was a missle just under samus's feet was the exhaust from the missle rising above the stage... then the missle proceeded to hit my opponent in the foot.

ak47

Smash Journeyman
Cap'n Crunch said:
This glitch has actually been around for quite some time, but no one's ever really said they've done it often or anything, so it seems weird that all of you have done it. It's been said that it's with the smash missile and it launches in the ground (during a frame where samus dips below the stage without actually landing) but not that it's invisible. If you look at the sticky Jasona posted, I think he includes his explanation of it.

But yeah, like if any of you can record it happening or like remember how (if you came from an odd height or something) you got it, someone might figure out how to reproduce it.

huh well never heard of what you said but it sounds cool.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
maybe i need to explain it again

REGULAR missle not smash

samus shot it (Duh)

Falco reflected with his shine

missle dissappeard

samus ran foward

explosion occured on samus right where a regular missile would be if it was reflected except there was no missile

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I don't think your missile became an invisible glitched missile, Falco simply reflected it and you lost it in the background. I do that sometimes too.

By any chance did the explosion happen a bit low, like at your feet-waist or something?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Well, the fact shows that maybe it DID happen, but until there's obvious evidence of this, you both probably lost it in the background. Try not to make this issue one of those "Level 9 comps learn, they wavedashed before my very eyes!" topics unless this "glitch" can be proven.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
The only 'invisible missiles' are those which are cancelled too late and just make the sound. No actual missile is fired in these cases, so since you actually got hit by something, it was just a missile, possibly very low to the ground, that you both just happened to not see until it exploded. The only other possible explanation would be a 'unique glitch,' in which case something was probably wrong with your disc / cube, and either case, isn't repeatable or useful.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
No im not being like the guy that said that " at a high enough percentage if you do dolphin slash when the enemy is high enough in the air in his bubble they freeze like a freezie was thrown at them and 'splatter' on the screen

I was just wondering if this was like

"well falco's reflector starts reflecting on the 5th(?) frame and if a tracker missile hits from slightly above the missile becomes invisible but is still there"

it isn't useful to anyone unless your fox or falco against Samus and even if it is a repeatable glitch a one frame or whatever opportunity is insane to get it right.

and i can see that however much i swear with my double perfect vision that it wasn't in the background you won't believe me. lol

Edit: And i'm pretty sure it didn't explode at his feet. I recall shooting it from the air but that could be wrong.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
If you shot it in the air, and it was a tracker missile, and it was reflected back at you, then that supports my theory a lot. When a tracker missile is reflected from coming down, it will continue to go down, but in the opposite direction, thus losing it on the screen. Try it out (although you will look specifically for the missile so it will obviously be easier to spot, but at least you'll understand how it could have gotten lost in the first place.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
ThatGuy said:
If you shot it in the air, and it was a tracker missile, and it was reflected back at you, then that supports my theory a lot. When a tracker missile is reflected from coming down, it will continue to go down, but in the opposite direction, thus losing it on the screen. Try it out (although you will look specifically for the missile so it will obviously be easier to spot, but at least you'll understand how it could have gotten lost in the first place.
Yeah I actually saw this happen last night. Whatever tracker missiles do when reflected is tricky..

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
so, what is the final conclusion on this? did the missile acutally disappear or was it just false sight?

Tricka

Smash Cadet
If someone figured out how do do it consistantly then it would be something I would have to put into my gameplay.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
It was after falco reflected it
I don't think you can do it on purpose. Thatguy doesn't realize the missile explosion was at my( samus,a tall character very easy to distinguish between face and foot) face not at me feet or in the ground

Top Bottom