• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Samus Match-Up Discussion Thread 2.0

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
So I've managed to climb to the 20th rank in my state, started feeling pretty good about myself if I can say so. However, I've come to find myself a bracket demon in Metaknight, whom I'm having an incredibly hard time dealing with. I can play the neutral perfectly for 9/10 interactions, but a single flub seems to be all it takes to lose a stock in this MU. From the bit I've spoken to with our local MK the ladder combos seem to work very well on Samus still, and from what I can tell shield isn't that effective as dthrow can also lead to a kill with upB. I'm mostly looking for advice on how to handle the neutral, as well as how to properly DI dash attack to ladder combo and dthrow to upB (and any other information, of course). I admit the MU is something I'm not familiar with, so I'm hoping I'm missing something important. As it stands this has been my one of the most frustrating characters to fight personally, and is definitely a roadblock to me climbing any further.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
So I've managed to climb to the 20th rank in my state, started feeling pretty good about myself if I can say so. However, I've come to find myself a bracket demon in Metaknight, whom I'm having an incredibly hard time dealing with. I can play the neutral perfectly for 9/10 interactions, but a single flub seems to be all it takes to lose a stock in this MU. From the bit I've spoken to with our local MK the ladder combos seem to work very well on Samus still, and from what I can tell shield isn't that effective as dthrow can also lead to a kill with upB. I'm mostly looking for advice on how to handle the neutral, as well as how to properly DI dash attack to ladder combo and dthrow to upB (and any other information, of course). I admit the MU is something I'm not familiar with, so I'm hoping I'm missing something important. As it stands this has been my one of the most frustrating characters to fight personally, and is definitely a roadblock to me climbing any further.
DI Dash attack up. Not sure about down throw. If you ledge camp, and DI away the ladder is suicide for MK.

Top Bottom