• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus is the strongest fighter in testing right now... rejoice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litt

Samus
Someone in the invitational probably would have picked her if she had missile canceling
No they wouldn't have, even hugs said he just didnt like the way she played, whoever the beta testers were, they were either compete morons or they were playing a completely different game that the crap i got at gamestop the other night

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
No they wouldn't have, even hugs said he just didnt like the way she played, whoever the beta testers were, they were either compete morons or they were playing a completely different game that the crap i got at gamestop the other night
This has nothing to do with your opinion but the way you organize your thoughts leads me to believe you are lacking in the intelligence department.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
This has nothing to do with your opinion but the way you organize your thoughts leads me to believe you are lacking in the intelligence department.
What do you expect from a Barbie girl? It's pure plastic up there.

I want to note as well that perhaps at the moment they were talking about Samus being the strongest character in the current roster and builds available. Things could have changed.
Samus isn't bad in Smash4 but it doesn't seem like best character material. Could it be that perhaps the mixed up Zamus with Samus?

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Eh, Samus is mediocre at best currently. All I can say.
This is what I thought when I first started playing her, but you have to learn her all over again. Get used to air-sniping your charge shot now, since the air-dodge has to be perfect to avoid it. You also want to get used to f-airng and up-smashing now, because they are both pretty reliable. The nair is a big bag of nerf, I'll give you that, but if you zone yourself well on the ground, she's really pretty incredible. I've been happily using her as a secondary and easily taking wins off of Little Mac and Bowser mains.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I agree with having to relearn her, but try using nair as if it were say, Marth or Sheik's fair and use it running offstage or meeting air to air when the opponent is in a position to not want to trade (like offstage recovery). It kills pretty early if you're aggressive with it, and lasts a while to frametrap airdodges (and potentially stagespike). I wouldn't call it a big bag of nerf… It's one of my favorite moves now.. hehe

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I agree with having to relearn her, but try using nair as if it were say, Marth or Sheik's fair and use it running offstage or meeting air to air when the opponent is in a position to not want to trade (like offstage recovery). It kills pretty early if you're aggressive with it, and lasts a while to frametrap airdodges (and potentially stagespike). I wouldn't call it a big bag of nerf… It's one of my favorite moves now.. hehe
So yet another move to relearn. I'd rather have the drop kick like previous games, but maybe I can get used to this. Thanks ^.^ Any example footage?

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
Rofl do you guys know who this Barbie is? I didn't even know he looked at the Smash4 Samus threads

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
So yet another move to relearn. I'd rather have the drop kick like previous games, but maybe I can get used to this. Thanks ^.^ Any example footage?

Aside from weird execution errors I get instead of actual punishes when I'm in shield sometimes, here's an example of how run off nair is threatening and can gimp. Also an example near the end of defensive fastfall

EDIT: and also, why jab is bad

Last edited:

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice

Aside from weird execution errors I get instead of actual punishes when I'm in shield sometimes, here's an example of how run off nair is threatening and can gimp. Also an example near the end of defensive fastfall

EDIT: and also, why jab is bad
Wow I think that was one of the best Samus' I've seen on 3DS so far. Yeah the jab seems pretty terrible, but you compensated tremendously

Litt

Samus
Hmm obviously you don't know who I am, just because I post here in a quick way doesnt mean you can insult me by any means... you wanna see how my thoughts are organized... go read my guide to PM samus kid (http://smashboards.com/forums/samus.418/) ... and yes I say kid b/c the way your adolescent mind jumps to conclusions about people from 2 sentences of reading a post they made. This girl may be made of plastic, the intellect behind the doll is the top samus in their region for both melee and PM, so next time before assuming incompetence, do a little background research or just know the top samuses of each respective region if you even claim to be a samus main in every game you arrogant scrub

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Hmm obviously you don't know who I am, just because I post here in a quick way doesnt mean you can insult me by any means... you wanna see how my thoughts are organized... go read my guide to PM samus kid (http://smashboards.com/forums/samus.418/) ... and yes I say kid b/c the way your adolescent mind jumps to conclusions about people from 2 sentences of reading a post they made. This girl may be made of plastic, the intellect behind the doll is the top samus in their region for both melee and PM, so next time before assuming incompetence, do a little background research or just know the top samuses of each respective region if you even claim to be a samus main in every game you arrogant scrub
Chill, man. Your ego seems a little hurt. I never said anything about your smashing skills. I am 9 years old.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This thread was made and its intent was based off of/during the pre-release demo/build. Now that the game's out, clearly things have changed.

Locking as such. Feel free to continue discussion for this in the main Samus thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom