• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Samus Hitboxes and Frame Data

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
So I'm a samus main looking for a secondary to counter my hardest opponents like marth, falcon, jigglypuff. Who would be the best secondary to start picking up
I think samus vs puff can be pretty good tbh but thats another topic

Id say your best bet as a real counter to those characters is sheik, as sheik traditionally is a counter to both marth and falcon. I personally think sheik puff is like 50-50 or like 55-45 in sheiks favor, but that matchup is one youre going to have to play a lot no matter what character you use in it, so if youre a samus main I might recommend just learning it as samus

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Puff is one of Samus' worst MUs. I do agree, though, that Sheik is probably one of the best secondaries she can have. She has a good MU against some of Samus' worst MUs (Falcon and Marth) and she goes even with some of the other ones (Sheik ditto and Jiggs). It's also good if you're having trouble against Peach or Ganon for some reason. You also have a great example in Plup. :p

works in PM ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lolz, it actually doesn't really work there either, but even so, I believe Samus' grab is faster in PM (but don't quote me on that).

Smash Journeyman
her head is invincible (according to hitboxes in debug mode) but it doesn't matter because you get hit on the non-invincible part anyway

Smash Journeyman
The OP describes the frame windows; are you talking about a gif as well? It looks basically like a normal grab when not homing (except longer), and when homing the "grab box" is on the tip of the grapple as usual. The extender also has no "arm grab-box" that can grab aerial opponents.

Bernie9k

Smash Rookie
Alright guys I've enjoyed reading all of this information thanks for the knowledge and tech

Top Bottom