• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus freezes at the CSS if I select her

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
I was always able to use my Dark Samus PSA before. Ever since I switched from Smash Stack-loaded Gecko/FPC to Riivolution it now freezes on Samus; I can't even touch Samus's box with the the chip without the game freezing.

I'm using Nuke's Dark Samus Prime PSA, and I have all the files in the right folder (FitSamus.pac, FitSamus00-05.pac/pcs, MotionEtc, and Entry.pac in Samus's folder) all named properly, and all CSPs, CSP texts, and BSPs in the right place.

All of my other CSPs work fine, everything else in the game runs fine, but if I so much as touch the border of Samus's box on the CSS it freezes. It has done this about four times in a row, too.

Update: Ok, apparently it was the CSPs that came with the Dark Samus hack that were causing the freezes because I removed them and I could play as Dark Samus.

However, new problem: I didn't like this PSA because it was too over-powered so I went back to Nuke's older Dark Samus PSA, but now the game freezes about a full second after I select Samus. I was always able to play as this version of his Dark Samus before, but now it won't let me.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Update/bump: Ok, apparently it was the CSPs that came with the Dark Samus hack that were causing the freezes because I removed them and I could play as Dark Samus.

However, new problem: I didn't like this PSA because it was too over-powered so I went back to Nuke's older Dark Samus PSA, but now the game freezes about a full second after I select Samus. I was always able to play as this version of his Dark Samus before, but now it won't let me.

Top Bottom