• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus doesn't lose charge from interupted screw attack

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
This may not necessarily be as huge as some of the other discoveries, but I figure it's noteworthy.

In Melee if Samus is hit during her screw attack, she loses any charge she has. It wasn't unusual for me to let the charge shot loose (either away from the stage to push me closer to it, or at the edge-guarder to distract/surprise him/her) if I thought there was a sufficient chance I'd end up losing it coming back.

Based on this video it seems she gets to keep the charge. See ~3:08.

I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm this.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
agreed. In melee, anyone with a charge (mewtwo, DK, Samus, etc.) lost it if they got hit before their up-b was completely done. It's at least changed, because I would've expected that to remove the charge (your example).

MaxInertia

Smash Rookie
I have noticed this happen a few times. I tested it with Marths forward smash. I did my best to activate up-b at the same time as Marths forward smash. The hit occurred at least 20 frames after initiating the up-b, and the shot was lost.

There are other times though where it does not happen. It seems if Samus is hit out of the up-b very early on, the charge shot is lost, however if Samus is hit later on it does not.

I don't know the exact conditions under which the shot is lost but it would be interesting to know if anyone else has figured it out.

Edit: woops, didn't realize this was so old.

Last edited:
Top Bottom