• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Dash Dance?

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
So after playing a little too much melee I decided that I just had to find a use for the smash 4 Dash Dance and after getting it down I have to say it makes for a intresting option. For example if you have a charged shot ready to go you can DD and use it to catch them off guard or just throw them off and since you're DDing you're not locked into just the charged shot depending on how they approach you can PP into a tilt or smash from either direction extremely fast. Or if they're staying back you can just fire missiles.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Yeah, I feel Samus can go super saiyan by including DD into her neutral game. I've been slowly working on my consistent dash dancing but I'm nowhere near being able to do it for an entire game let alone a whole tourney.

From a dash dance Samus can:

• PP into a Charge shot
  • jump into any aerial inclusing RAR bairs
  • bust into am instant dash attack
  • PP into a Dsmash
  • pivot grab
  • pivot tilt (almost if not completely impossible to land a sourspot this way)
  • dash grab
  • standing grab
  • run away
  • Upsmash
  • Fsmash
  • Pivot Fsmash
  • PP into shield

While the range on the dashdance is negligible, the constant motion can numb your oppnents sensitivity to motion. It makes the range for for reaction to a move much smaller since he's desensitized to the constant motion you're putting out. At some point during the summer I hope to be able to dash dance consistently for entire matches at a time. If you think there's worth to it that makes two of us. Let me know how this goes for you if you decide to go down this road.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Yeah, I feel Samus can go super saiyan by including DD into her neutral game. I've been slowly working on my consistent dash dancing but I'm nowhere near being able to do it for an entire game let alone a whole tourney.

From a dash dance Samus can:

• PP into a Charge shot
  • jump into any aerial inclusing RAR bairs
  • bust into am instant dash attack
  • PP into a Dsmash
  • pivot grab
  • pivot tilt (almost if not completely impossible to land a sourspot this way)
  • dash grab
  • standing grab
  • run away
  • Upsmash
  • Fsmash
  • Pivot Fsmash
  • PP into shield

While the range on the dashdance is negligible, the constant motion can numb your oppnents sensitivity to motion. It makes the range for for reaction to a move much smaller since he's desensitized to the constant motion you're putting out. At some point during the summer I hope to be able to dash dance consistently for entire matches at a time. If you think there's worth to it that makes two of us. Let me know how this goes for you if you decide to go down this road.
Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Tbh I was just so use to DDing from melee when waiting around I did it subconsciously. And now like you I'm trying to be able to do it consistently. I've found that to her grab makes dding very useful and is a powerful tool

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse
I think DDing is a wonderful mixup to throw out as it can be very easy to become repetitive with patterns while playing Samus, like zair spamming, ftilt spamming, etc. Especially if you end up in zair range of your opponent. You just gotta be careful because it's hard to predict how your opponent is going to react when they see a dash dance.

I like the idea of DDing into CS because you should be able to bait a shield out of it for shield breaks. I hate it when I'm trying to break a shield but they perfect shield my CS.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I think DDing is a wonderful mixup to throw out as it can be very easy to become repetitive with patterns while playing Samus, like zair spamming, ftilt spamming, etc. Especially if you end up in zair range of your opponent. You just gotta be careful because it's hard to predict how your opponent is going to react when they see a dash dance.

I like the idea of DDing into CS because you should be able to bait a shield out of it for shield breaks. I hate it when I'm trying to break a shield but they perfect shield my CS.
But see no matter how they react you have options. Obviously there's always a risk, but let's be honest how many smash 4 players right now have a solid grasp of DDing and even how to combat it. I'm pretty sure at least right now a DDing Samus would haven't to worry about most players punishing them. And even if they do if you play smart(and since they made the choice to main Samus they must be pretty smart) you can maximize the DD well being safe. Also DDing feels more natural in Smash 4 since you PP in a similar fashion. Its a tool most players could use and should...IMO of course.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Sadly this is about the limit to my DD(I used marth but its the same for Samus)

Last edited:
Top Bottom