• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Combos

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
Being a Samus starter, I need some good Samus combos (beside bomb combos, which is a good way to start one off). I did find one out where I Grab, D throw, nair, jump into nair, and let off a missle while i fall. Doesnt do too much damage but a good way to bring some distance and add damage to a close opponent.
Any other useful but effective combos that can UP my Samus.

soberfox

BRoomer
BRoomer
How does that combo not do alot of damage? If you pull that off and actually hit all of those moves, thats easily 40 damage and could very possibly be more.

MLRS

Banned via Administration
One that I like to use is I use F-smash like 5 times in a row. It does about 70 damage, but it only works on level 3 or lower computers. One that works on people is laying 5 bombs in a row and then wait and they will probably just walk into them. While they're doing that, you can usually charge up your blaster, and maybe shoot them too. Thats about 45 damage right there.

Jasona

Smash Ace
-jab, walk forward (cancels second swing window, beyond end of jab), repeat
-missle-cancel, dash/WD, jab (cancels missle knockback), dtilt or whatever. If they're in their sheild, then replace the jab and dtilt with a bomb-to-WD and either attack or retreat... very risky, with the bomb.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
missle cancel to forward smash, when peopel get hit by that they get pissed cause it's a massive 30% in the face!

Orca782

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by MLRS
One that I like to use is I use F-smash like 5 times in a row. It does about 70 damage, but it only works on level 3 or lower computers. One that works on people is laying 5 bombs in a row and then wait and they will probably just walk into them. While they're doing that, you can usually charge up your blaster, and maybe shoot them too. Thats about 45 damage right there.
LMAO:chuckle:

SVYusuke

Smash Cadet
My fav Combo

Well, one of my favorite combos i use as a Finisher or a HUGE damage giver.
I use it on my Friends Marth, he's good so it gets frustrating to hit him with my fully charged blaster, he constantly dodges it or counters it.
The first thing i do is put some distance between us and fire a missile to stall him while i charge my blaster.
Once the blaster is charged get close (or let them get close) Its usually good to start off with a Dtilt, then Nair (fastfall it), Uair, Bair, Power Missile (The purpose isn't really to hit them, but more or less to turn around and face the opponent, but if it hits, more power to ya), then BLASTER.

this is a great way to K.O. ur opponent and its a pretty lovely combo(IMO). Its not as complicated as it sounds. Hope this helps.
Take it ez ~1~

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
I've been pacticing alot with Samus alot now, and figuring out new combos I havent tried. One I like to use is Grab, D throw, uptilt, dash attack, nair or bair, missle cancel, and if you have the fully charge shot, i'd shoot that instead of the missle. If it all connects it racks up some good damage. I tried it on my friends and it seems to work, cause they use fast fallers which it works great on.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
REcently i was playing a cpu bowser and i found this to help practise combo ideas. I realize this isnt very realistic to say fighting a fox or so but alteast it will help to learn what moves to link togehter.

MLRS

stonecoldlink, that won't work if they tech the downthrow.

co_and_me, only use level 1 computers to practice your combos, high level computers direction influence ever hit perfectly, so they always fly at angles that people wouldn't normally fly.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Combos...

I really can't tell you what combos I use. There are so many connections to be made. This is because I don't go directly for one combo, I react and think quickly to what the player is doing, is located, has done, will do, etc in order to decide which move I will be adding next to pummel him or her into a combo. If they are good, I know the first moves WILL, be blocked, dodged, teched, and line up the next move or the one following to put them in a bad position to land the blow.

-AlexanderTriad

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Re: Combos...

Originally posted by AlexanderTriad
I really can't tell you what combos I use. There are so many connections to be made. This is because I don't go directly for one combo, I react and think quickly to what the player is doing, is located, has done, will do, etc in order to decide which move I will be adding next to pummel him or her into a combo. If they are good, I know the first moves WILL, be blocked, dodged, teched, and line up the next move or the one following to put them in a bad position to land the blow.

-AlexanderTriad
...And what was the point to posting that? You didn't really say anything useful.

Anyway, so i don't look like a hypocrite, try ffing a fair to someone and then utilting when they're at higher percentages. the flame doesn't always hit, but when it does it's a good set up. Mainly should be used to someone over shooting their recovery if a simple fsmash or utilt isn't enough, or if you want to be flashy and kill with an fair assist.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Why...

Originally posted by Cap'n Crunch ...And what was the point to posting that? You didn't really say anything useful.

My POINT was... plan on the first hit or 2 hits not to work but have it so it just sets them up for something else (At least against the more skilled), since teching the downward throw was mentioned earlier. So, in my experiences the original combo setup hit is often failed, by their defense. Using their failure often sets up for the combo when planned ahead to some degree.

-Alexander Triad

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Follow Up...

On a follow up note... I apologize for sounding arrogant... I sometimes come off that way. I was just trying to say that, in my opinion, sometimes the best way to start combos is anticipated failure to follow up on a sure hit. I find samus very tricky with her moves, and movements so she helps me with this plan,

-AlexanderTriad

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I would agree with both of you. I dont really go for a set combo because i havent found out that is perfectally consistant and all. Just knowing what moves dont usually work for me and not using them always helps lol. But recently i have been trying to use the down throw into different combos. OBviously there is Dthrow blast. I have been using Dthrow up tilt which works pretty well. I have been trying Dthrow 1-2 punch with reg A then up tilt doesnt work very well. I also have been looking at Dthrow Uair FF uptilt or FF into sex kick sometimes this works depending on the % and weight of oposition. What combos do you guys find useful out of a throw.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Too be honest...

To be honest... When I grab I usually throw up then jump Up tilt since that is almost sure to hit unless they are at very high percentage. If I feel like I can pull it off on the opponent after fighting him for a bit I may throw him down for the charged blast. Down throw can fail which is why I consistantly upthrow in this situation. From there like I said I do where ever the game pulls me to make a decision for my combo... but the truth is unless they gaurd grab or charge at me a lot I don't go for a grab that much since it leaves poor Samus sooo open.

-AlexanderTriad

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Samus throw combos own.

But as for the upthrow, it mainly works on falco, fox, and falcon. You can't really combo most of the remaining cast. There are a few exceptions, but it is at such a specific percent that the dthrow remains as the better option.

I hate dthrow to blast, i dont know why. Maybe because the percentage has to be pretty specific.

Dthrow combos work very well on most of the cast. Dthrow can lead to sex kicks/ftilts/uptilts/fsmashes/dtilts and a bunch of others. Of course many characters can DI the dthrow, but even then it still leaves them open to several different moves.

The only characters who really can't be combo'd off of any of samus's throws are samus and luigi. It happens, but it is very rare, and it is usually with an uair or fair. But again, RARELY happens, i think if it actually does happen, its because the opponent didnt feel like jumping out of the way.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Maybe...

The upthrow does work for like a 2 hit combo... i guess I should practice these possibities more, but like I said samus's grab vs other's grab isn't very good which is why i only go for it when I am almost sure i can get the grab.

-AlexanderTriad

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Hugs i dont know why but i agree i dont like down throw to blast. "Dthrow can lead to sex kicks/ftilts/uptilts/fsmashes/dtilts and a bunch of others. " Now do u use different ones just depending on the situation cause from what i know u know something about samus u just holding back your secrects?lol and alex triangle my point was something better than a 2 hit combo. I mean if i want that Dthrow to practically anything works for a two hit. I was thinking as i posted like Dthrow into Uair into Ftilt into sex kick

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Oh yeah!

Yeah of course... I thought at first people were trying to discuss different Long combos that work, but after being a ******* (Sorry) I realized you were just talking about Down Throw into Up Smash as a combo starter... =/

yeah it does work... I have used it from time to time... but like i said i throw them up usually mostly because I like to knock them far, it's just my preferance. I can fight upclose and pull some combos as well, but on the grab I do throw up a lot (I wrongfully posted last time... I throw up jump jump uptilt). And you're probably right Hugz the thing is... i fight usually people who like Falco/Fox, Falcon, and Shiek. Is that like the thing to do?... play as one of them? which may be my problem with pulling these downthrow combos. Those speedy bums!.

When I throw down (I do that less and maybe after reading these posts i should practice the downthrow combo starter into the upsmash more often). I have hit them with many things already mentioned and sometimes I go for the charge shot if it deams possible. I mean come on... charge shots hurt =), if u think you can pull one off I say DO IT! but that's just me...

And no i dont think I have any hidden secrets. Nothing is up my sleeve, just got the wrong impression. Heh sorry... not trying to bash this strategy. I'm actually greatful that I read this thread because I plan on trying this out more often. Which, shows that im not a "Smash Know It All". If I knew it all I wouldn't be checking out this thread. So please, cut me some slack! =/

-AlexanderTriad (Not Triangle)

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Haha...secrets secrets secrets.

Samus is our treasure. I am all for the benefit of Samus, but not for the sharing of info for the people who need advice on owning samus. I only give out the secrets to other samus players, i dont want a shiek to come in here and figure us all out.
It's an exclusive club, we are too cool to share with those lame *** characters.
But yeah, alexander, instead of throwing a shiek up, you can throw down for a guaranteed fsmash or ftilt (if they DI away from you). If they dont manage to DI correctly, you just landed yourself a KO with a forward smash. I have never been in a situation where an up throw on a shiek has worked. Again, unless they actualy fast fall into you afterwards...because as i understand it, they are fully capable of jumping before getting hit.

And yes, with falcos, foxes, and falcons, it is good to throw them up. With the dthrow at low percentage they fall so fast to the floor that they can tech the throw before you can land a hit. Of course at high percentage you can combo with idk, same things as other characters, but it is still harder to land if they DI away from you, and the slower moves wont get close to touching them. Falcon is the easiest out of those three to hit off the dthrows, but it is still limited. But if your opponent is at 140, they can still jump out of an upthrow, so then you should switch it up to a dthrow at 100+.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I played for a while last night to try upthrow against fast fallers I didnt realy find it that effective. But yeah still find down best. Also hugs would u say that your move after a throw is pretty situational?
-alex i was kidding with the triangle thing. just trying to lighten the mood lol

grayfox

Smash Champion
I couldn't really tell you any of my combos are they are usually made up on the spot. Learn all of Samus' moves and you will see openings for a chain when it happens. The right move will just happen.

Throw combos on the other hand are thought of in advance. Down throw is awesome. Getting a grab with Samus just seems so rewarding to me, for anyone who watches Naruto it reminds me of Shikamaru getting his shadow move connected. Anyway >_> down throw to fwd smash on Sheik feels great as does the down throw to jump, charge shot on Jiggs.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
upthrow but....

This is useful, but this level is often banned.... in the hyrule stage in the underground section i used upthrow then downsmash, because they bank off the ceiling and the downsmash keeps them at bay pretty well.

-AlexanderTriad

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Arash
don't worry, no shiek players will find this thread:)
Hi. I'm Phatgamer. A Sheik player.:D

But don't worry, I play Samus too. Does that mean I can still be in here?

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Phatgamer1
Hi. I'm Phatgamer. A Sheik player.:D

But don't worry, I play Samus too. Does that mean I can still be in here?

this guy sucks so don't worry tell him all the secerts.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Phatgamer1
SCREW YOU ***CLOWN!!! >.> <.<

I don't suck. Don't listen to this fool.

if you believe this raise your hand?

anybody...?

ANYBODY...?

come on this guy says he doesn't suck SOMEOEN msut believe him

NO ONE OUT THEIR BELIEVE HIM?

yeah thats what I thought

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
You play Link. Why should your opinion in the Samus Forums even count? At least I try to learn other characters besides Sheik. Go make your pointless statements someplace else. Fool.

MLRS

Phat, samus ditto me at smym3, I need to find out who (if any) is better than me at samus in midwest.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Originally posted by MLRS
Phat, samus ditto me at smym3, I need to find out who (if any) is better than me at samus in midwest.
You got it buddy. I wish you could play Gaiagamer, cuz he is a really good samus. BTW, where you live MLRS?

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
The best combo I've ver done with Samus in a serious match was this against Roy:

(at around 40% damage I think) Missle cancelled Power Missile, Extended Grapple Beam *throw down*, Dash Attack , Up Tilt, short hopped Charge Blast.

My friend paused the game and shook my hand after that.:p It was so cool how the Power Missile knocked him back and then my grapple beam drew him in like Scorpion's "Get Over Here!" move.:D :cool:

co_and_me

Smash Lord
this isnt tech. a combo but figured it was the best place for it. If your struggle with the short hop this is good news. Often times when someone is far away and running it i will use and bomb and back away. AFter a while they will jump over it. Obviously if they just stand they missle away. But they will most likely jump it now if u lay the bombs in succesion walk into one of them it will blow up sending your up about the same distance as a SH. ITs mainly good for the down air into something else like sex kick.

ANTX

Smash Ace
these are weight, dmg, and person dependent, but i like d-smash into FJ bair, into missle cancel into missle. um, bomb, DI back, DD, WD forward, BJFFL uair into u-tilt. at a centain dmg, utilt, into uair into an uair into a nair. some of these seem vague but they're all i can think of to put down.

oh, and the cancelled u-smash into grab. ^_^ (vids soon)

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
That last one wouldn't work Luckey. Samus' up air would send the opponent away from you after the last hit if hit with all hits. X_x

Top Bottom