• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

samus combo video trailer

blaze3927

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ZX5_-cjuM

Just two of a few samus combo's and a dc example. all of which involve Drop cancelling and one i'm finishing atm uses fake ledge jumps. all on peachs castle. the final cut will be in 1x speed, and have all of the combos obv.
just having trouble with quicker repetition of dc's

if anyone has any input regarding move combinations they think might work with drop cancelling samus combos i'd like to hear about them. my main goal is to try and chain three aerials with it.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Might want to edit title.

Pretty cool though. What exactly is the input for drop canceling? Is it just shield dropping and then immediately doing an aerial? Also fake ledge jump is just a teleport up a slanted ledge right?

The Star King

Smash Hero
inb4 anus combo video jokes

Pretty cool though. What exactly is the input for drop canceling? Is it just shield dropping and then immediately doing an aerial? Also fake ledge jump is just a teleport up a slanted ledge right?
Drop canceling is run -> drop through on a SLANTED platform (or one that's going down, like on Congo Jungle) -> aerial, you will reland on the platform. Fake ledge jump doesn't require a teleport, it's just pressing back with good timing before you run off a platform slanted up with Puff or Samus.

Why would you spoil your combos in 1/4 speed? :/

blaze3927

Smash Ace
dc- slanted slope, easiest on peach's castle.
1:
run 3 or more frames.
2:
shield 1 frame
drop

or:
shield drop, seems to work the same for me.

3:
attack.

1/4 speed was because for some reason i still cant do a dc'd nair without jiggs hitting the side wall thing on 1x speed. maybe because im doing it too late or something, will upload them all together in 1x speed when i get the rest finished

ballin4life

Smash Hero
inb4 anus combo video jokes

Drop canceling is run -> drop through on a SLANTED platform (or one that's going down, like on Congo Jungle) -> aerial, you will reland on the platform. Fake ledge jump doesn't require a teleport, it's just pressing back with good timing before you run off a platform slanted up with Puff or Samus.

Why would you spoil your combos in 1/4 speed? :/
Ok it's just like I thought.

I think I tried to do it once but couldn't get it ... is it possible to do it consistently?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I can do drop cancel dairs and fairs fairly consistently (depending on the character), and nairs somewhat. Bair and Uair are extremely hard.

It's easier with floaty characters.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
james (the OP) can actually apply these in-game at real time for pseudo-combos and near-shield breakers lol

didn't help him win, but samus is meh character and stuff

Top Bottom