• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus at Beast VI

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Good luck! Hopefully you get to play on stream.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Wanted to go also but didn't got a ticket.
Good luck!

Gijsbeer

Smash Cadet
I'll be there ith my Samus!! Im also commentating wave 1 starting 9:00 swedish time. Are there any samus mains in wave 1? Any chance we could meetup so i can spectate and learn from the other samus' ?

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff
Congrats! Didn't see any of your matches on stream. Hopefully they'll stream all the bracket ones.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Apologies I was misinformed, Marm didn't make it out, both SCRM and him got 3rd in their pool, 1 spot away :-(

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Me and Lian finished 49th out of 270, I lost to Izaw and a Diddy and he lost to Diddy and Metaknight, might be time for some secondaries,,,

Last edited:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
We can win against Diddy, Link in the quality of an Izaw is a problem. I faced Sillintor who may be even better than Izaw, I can imagine how your set did go. But I found some things that can lead us to victory in that MU. But it's too complicated to write it quickly.

At the moment, a perfect Fox player is the only character where I may switch to a secondary. Not even Sheik makes me switch anymore, a well timed frame perfect SH U-Air can counter Sheik's SH F-Air approach.
You can also evade Meta Knight's 0 to death by simply Crouch Cancelling his dash attack, found by Ellipsis.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
We can win against Diddy, Link in the quality of an Izaw is a problem. I faced Sillintor who may be even better than Izaw, I can imagine how your set did go. But I found some things that can lead us to victory in that MU. But it's too complicated to write it quickly.

At the moment, a perfect Fox player is the only character where I may switch to a secondary. Not even Sheik makes me switch anymore, a well timed frame perfect SH U-Air can counter Sheik's SH F-Air approach.
You can also evade Meta Knight's 0 to death by simply Crouch Cancelling his dash attack, found by Ellipsis.
SERIOUSLY!? That will help a lot.....time to go throw people off with me avoiding it now.

Last edited:

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
SERIOUSLY!? That will help a lot.....time to go throw people off with me avoiding it now.
Yes, it works all the time. Just crouch whenever you're in the neutral until you have something like 50%. Also Metaknight has a hard time if you camp the edge.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
I think I had the potential to beat Izaw I just have like 0 experience vs good Link's, a lot of things were less punishable than I thought

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I think I had the potential to beat Izaw I just have like 0 experience vs good Link's, a lot of things were less punishable than I thought
It probably doesn't help that he is in fact working on a Samus guide, so he knows her better than most players. Lack of MU knowledge even at the higher level generally helps.

Gijsbeer

Smash Cadet
I was one match short of getting out of pools too. Got third in my pool. Lost to clarke, in game 1 I read an airdodge on the upper blast zone edge with his lucas at 88, me at 60 both last stock. Accidentally revearsed my screwattack or something and drifted a hairs length past him. Then died at 60 to a lucas up smash. For game 2 my mind was corrupted with salt and made an unnecessary switch to mario, played terrible and got rekt by an unintentional footstool haha. Thats what I get for switching from samus i suppose lol. Who knows what could have happened if I didnt flub my airdodge read punish, would definitely have killed and won me game 1. Guess I'll never know how the set would have turned out but I might have taken the set and advanced. Oh well, good on him for beating me and advancing. Rest of the pool wasnt too interrsting, got bopped by luigi_player and I completely destroyed everyone else in my pool.

Afro Smash Afro Smash how did your game vs skippo play out? Unfortunately I couldnt spectate your pool but Im interested in that match specifcally

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
I was one match short of getting out of pools too. Got third in my pool. Lost to clarke, in game 1 I read an airdodge on the upper blast zone edge with his lucas at 88, me at 60 both last stock. Accidentally revearsed my screwattack or something and drifted a hairs length past him. Then died at 60 to a lucas up smash. For game 2 my mind was corrupted with salt and made an unnecessary switch to mario, played terrible and got rekt by an unintentional footstool haha. Thats what I get for switching from samus i suppose lol. Who knows what could have happened if I didnt flub my airdodge read punish, would definitely have killed and won me game 1. Guess I'll never know how the set would have turned out but I might have taken the set and advanced. Oh well, good on him for beating me and advancing. Rest of the pool wasnt too interrsting, got bopped by luigi_player and I completely destroyed everyone else in my pool.

Afro Smash Afro Smash how did your game vs skippo play out? Unfortunately I couldnt spectate your pool but Im interested in that match specifcally
2 stocked his Kirby game 1 on FD then 2 stocked (possibly 1 stocked not certain) his Bowser on Town and City game 2

Gijsbeer

Smash Cadet
man thats rough haha. I told him to go kirby cause I personally think kirby does a lot better vs samus. He probably shouldnt have gone to FD tho.

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Afro Smash Afro Smash we couldnt get any footage from you or the others from this? Bummer was expecting to see some exciting matched (and the struggle)

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
Afro Smash Afro Smash You lost to Izaw? Man... I'd love a chance to play Izaw in bracket. That'd be sick. Good stuff though! 49th out of 270 is not bad at all! Especially with Samus. Invest in a secondary though if you must. No harm in that. That's why I secondary Sheik after all.

Top Bottom