• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Samo's pack of peach vids - Updated 08/11/2008 - rate/crit/advice ~

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Yea yea. >_> But don't bring any dark.pch debate onto my topic pls. <_<
>_> But I don't understand ;_;

Ok Ok =/ I beat tonberry though. And got Aldwyn down to 1 stock! xD

I meant that I've watched your vids and I'm perfectly aware of where you need improvements on your gameplay, so ijuka should stop butting in and act like he knows everything. I don't see ijuka going around and beating wes in mm and being very close in winning over bum as well. >_>
But samo, that wasn't my point at all. Butting in and act like I know everything? No, I wasn't doing that at all. I don't see the point in doing 2% without any comboability over for example uair, after which you can combo. Although, I killed TK's Sheik to the side in Yoshi's Story with up B at 0%. But that's TK and his DI.

I thought Wes Quit? And Peach vs Samus is a battle against the 8-minute timer, but that's surprisingly good still. Peach ***** DK really hard though, I think it's at least 7-3 if not 8-2. So "almost" doesn't really impress me that much in this case.

Samo, if you know Peki will sidestep, why not wait for it instead of trying to hit before it? You'll get far more time to do things.

Samochan said:
Oh and ijuka is prolly just jealous cause you and I have so many fans, lol. XP But ijuka, don't try to provoke dark or anyone else under my watchful eye. Advices never hurt but yea, orin can be a fanboy if he so wishes, who are you to decide. >_> And btw, I'm also not ignorant to what dark needs to improve on his gameplay. >_>
I have fans as well... 2 in Australia, 1 in USA, 3 in The Netherlands, 1 in Canada. None of them are SSBM-players though. Oh and some nub smashers in Finland.

Why do you try to talk so unnecessarily complicatedly, I don't understand. dark.pch even missed your point.

I am not trying to provoke dark. The reason I said what I said is because I think what he says.. or thinks is plain wrong. I don't think you should pick up that dangerous of a style. It might work well for dark-pch, and I guess it actually does. Like Drephen's style works for Drephen. But I recommend people who aren't drephen to stay away from his style. Same with Mew2King's Marth...

Samochan

Smash Master
But samo, that wasn't my point at all. Butting in and act like I know everything? No, I wasn't doing that at all. I don't see the point in doing 2% without any comboability over for example uair, after which you can combo. Although, I killed TK's Sheik to the side in Yoshi's Story with up B at 0%. But that's TK and his DI.
Cause you brought up Dark.pch and his skills/playstyle whatever onto a topic where it was not needed and typed it so that it seemed arrogant, albeit between the lines. But still, you often make posts like that and most are you being arrogant, butting in and act like you know everything posts. The way you said it quite literary meant that "omg dark's style sucks, dark sucks" >_>

I thought Wes Quit? And Peach vs Samus is a battle against the 8-minute timer, but that's surprisingly good still. Peach ***** DK really hard though, I think it's at least 7-3 if not 8-2. So "almost" doesn't really impress me that much in this case.
Everyone say they quit, but they never will. :p And I know the matchups thank you very much, but from my point of view it's frigging good for dark to even get Bum to 1 stock cause Bum has ***** many professionals with his DK and Dark is still amateur compared to him. I think it tells a lot about Dark's development as a smasher.

Samo, if you know Peki will sidestep, why not wait for it instead of trying to hit before it? You'll get far more time to do things.
Most of the time if I just wait, he'll shine with that 1 frame shine, move out of the way or do some 4-5 frame move like sheik dsmash. Ever seen how fast is peach sidestep to dsmash? :p But yea, I did punish him many times with dairs/nairs/fairs, weak dash attacks, some dd'ed grabs, dsmashes...

I have fans as well... 2 in Australia, 1 in USA, 3 in The Netherlands, 1 in Canada. None of them are SSBM-players though. Oh and some nub smashers in Finland.
Over 20 smashers... in New York alone. :p I think they actually counted that, I have no idea how many around the world though. ^^;; And only smashers count on smash anyway, Coco doesn't really have any fans in smash but boy, he does have outside smash, more than you could ever imagine. :p

I am not trying to provoke dark. The reason I said what I said is because I think what he says.. or thinks is plain wrong. I don't think you should pick up that dangerous of a style.
If Orintemple says something about dark, you don't need to bring up Dark and his style to the topic and actually mock it. Keep your opinions to yourself if you can't do anything else than to mock other people, leave the advice part to those who can actually give some. >_> Let him develop his own style, everyone learns the good and bad things what they can do over time. There is no reason why you would need to tell me what playstyle to pick up lol. If there is any style I want to copy it's PC's style and I think you agree to that his peach is awesome. I don't take advices blindly, even if I might not think consciously while I smash I can still use my brain on other things. >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Not bad..........But IMO, these matches you lose to this guy.....I think you should be beating him.

For one thing, you need to stop recovering near this sheik. Most of his hits is cause of that. Getting greedy to lan a hit is not good. Your first mission is to land safely. And the first fight, when you up throw him when he had like 141%..................the heck you did not F-throw. you took damage that was not needed. You should have just launched his azz. I think I can take this guy out myself. but that will never be found out Since your on the other side of the world.

Watching so many vids of you Vs this guy I see patterns that you should already be abusing by now. I know Sheik Vs Peach is such a gay match, still I think you should be kicking his ***. And I still say you need to slow done a lil. And pay more attebtion.

Samochan

Smash Master

For one thing, you need to stop recovering near this sheik. Most of his hits is cause of that. Getting greedy to lan a hit is not good. Your first mission is to land safely. And the first fight, when you up throw him when he had like 141%..................the heck you did not F-throw. you took damage that was not needed. You should have just launched his azz. I think I can take this guy out myself. but that will never be found out Since your on the other side of the world.
Weell.. doesn't really matter where I recover, cause he can abuse me on my lag anyday since sheik is so fast. But yea, I try to not be catched on his upsmashes. :p

And I threw him up cause I knew he didn't have enough % to get Ko'ed off the side, so I tried to uthrow uair instead. Maybe it doesn't work on such high% or I just messed up a lot on timing I dunno, but it would've been a sure kill if I had managed to pull it off. :/

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I'm getting em up on tube as we speak. ^^

Edit: tube links up, rejoice! (albeit I recommend downloading for amazing quality ^^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE-GjFv3EqY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nodQGJVxTEI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jt_Y3E-eQ
First vid: I almost cried, just due to the fact that you could have punished him SOOOO much that whole match. The Fox left himself very open, and an Usmash would have done him in multiple time. Great comeback though, still played well.

Second vid: I fell in love at that point. You just ***** that Fox so well that I cried for a different reason. You punished him quite a bit, and you could have finished some stocks off with an Usmash a few times. Still.....I <3 your peach in this match.

Third vid: Words can NOT describe how much I <3 your peach at this moment. That combo @ 1:15 was so awesome...dare I say as spamer would....it was sexy, lol. You masterfully played this match and ***** that marth to know end.

Samo- here, hold this soap
Marth- okay.....*holds soap*
Samo- *smacks it out of his hand* Now pick it up.

That....PRETTY much describes what happened in that match, xD.

"Crank that Roy"

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
OMFG! Nice videos!

*buys ticket to your country on ebay so you can bare my children and I can have some of the awsome in my blood* :D

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
O_O Wow Samo, that was amazing. You were super on point this time. ^_^ Good stuff.

Dark.....don't you think you should at least....date her....then marry her.....THEN have her bare your children? (I'm being silly, but don't you think? T_T)

"Crank that Roy"

Samochan

Smash Master
O_O Wow Samo, that was amazing. You were super on point this time. ^_^ Good stuff.

Dark.....don't you think you should at least....date her....then marry her.....THEN have her bare your children? (I'm being silly, but don't you think? T_T)

"Crank that Roy"
Sorry Dark, but if I wanna pass my smash genes to go on, I'd have to bear Amsah's child. ^_^ You know I want the best quality. ;o

Anyways, moar vids available. :o

Samo(peach) vs Phail(fox) 8
Samo(peach) vs Phail(fox) 9
Samo(peach) vs Phail(fox) 10

Samo(peach) vs Peki(fox) winners fin 1
Samo(peach) vs Peki(fox) winners fin 2
Samo(peach) vs Peki(fox) winners fin 3
Samo(peach) vs Peki(fox) winners fin 4

Samo(wPeach) vs Coco(gPeach) losers fin 1
Samo(wPeach) vs Coco(gPeach) losers fin 2
Samo(wPeach) vs Coco(gPeach) losers fin 3

Samochan

Smash Master
Diuuuu

Casual vids, recording for the combo vid. ^^ There's many, so bear with me. I need to point out a few that are good with asterix though, I'll look for the comboish/ownage vids :3. New channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/oulussb to those who like to watch our "crew" vids. Gotta figure out a name though...

These are all linked to HQ, press the "watch in standard quality" if you want to lower the quality.

Samo (peach) vs Phail (kirby) 1-2 NEW
Samo (peach) vs Phail (kirby) 3 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (kirby) 4 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (kirby) 5 NEW *

Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 1 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 2 NEW
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 3 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 4 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 5 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 6 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 7 NEW
Samo(peach) vs Phail (fox) 8 NEW
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 9 NEW
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 10 NEW **
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 11 NEW **
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 12 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 13 NEW
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 14 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 15 NEW
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 16 NEW
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 17 NEW
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 18 NEW **
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 19 NEW
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 20 NEW **
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 21 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 22 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (fox) 23 NEW

Samo (peach) vs Phail (c.falcon) 1 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (falco) 1 NEW *
Samo (peach) vs Phail (mario) 1 NEW

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
This is good stuff. Makes me want to start playing more and recording, too.

Who's fox, sum noob?

Samochan

Smash Master
This is good stuff. Makes me want to start playing more and recording, too.

Who's fox, sum noob?
No insulting mah buddy. :< He's still learning this and that, but he's getting the hang on what to do vs peaches. Just that me and my other friend are better. :p A little help never hurts though, especially if you think he sucks too much in your eyes.

Samochan

Smash Master
Heeellllooooo friends and fellow peach players, I'm baaaack with more high quality oozing videos from ajp anton. ^^ And back with couple of deadly comboes, most which got lost cause ajp failed to record at that moment... but oh well, some really nice games and some.. not so good but I'm hoping to get some critique. And please don't tell me about my bad dash attack habits, I know I need to work on reducing those and using more fc nair, grabs (but peki always dodges bwaa..) and dsmashes, along with more effective dash dance game and dashing away after float canceling cort style. :3

Pools:

Samo (peach) vs Neutroni (marth) 1 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs Neutroni (marth) 2 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs Neutroni (marth) 3 ~ Stream ~ Download

Samo (peach) vs Jaxi (jigglypuff) ~ Stream ~ Download

Bracket:

Winners semifinal:

Samo (peach) vs Best (marth) 1 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs Best (zelda) 2 ~ Stream ~ Download

Winners final:

Samo (peach) vs Peki (fox) 1 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs Peki (fox) 2 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs Peki (fox) 3 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs Peki (fox) 4 ~ Stream ~ Download

Losers final:

Samo (peach) vs Neutroni (marth) 1 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs Neutroni (marth) 2 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs Neutroni (marth) 3 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs Neutroni (marth) 4 ~ Stream ~ Download

Others:

Crews:

Samo (peach, 4 stock) vs Neutroni (marth, 1 stock) ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach, 3 stock) vs MasterTK (falco, 4 stock) ~ Stream ~ Download

Casuals:

Samo (peach) vs AJP Anton (falco) 1 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs AJP Anton (falco) 2 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs AJP Anton (falco) 3 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs AJP Anton (falco) 4 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs AJP Anton (falco) 5 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs AJP Anton (falco) 6 ~ Stream ~ Download
Samo (peach) vs AJP Anton (falco) 7 ~ Stream ~ Download

JFox

Smash Hero
IMO, you are kinda slow. You don't ever DD or space yourself. You don't have any sort of plan while edgeguarding, which is one of the worst things. Everything you do seems very straight forward and usual, which means it is kinda predictable.

Your recovery is sometimes good, and sometimes terrible. Like when you try to get on by safeguarding yourself with an attack, thats really really bad. Peach's aerials almost always trade, or just get out prioritized, which means ur being hit in both cases.

Your tech chases on the platforms seems pretty good for the most part. You CC when appropriate.

Samochan

Smash Master
IMO, you are kinda slow. You don't ever DD or space yourself. You don't have any sort of plan while edgeguarding, which is one of the worst things. Everything you do seems very straight forward and usual, which means it is kinda predictable.

Your recovery is sometimes good, and sometimes terrible. Like when you try to get on by safeguarding yourself with an attack, thats really really bad. Peach's aerials almost always trade, or just get out prioritized, which means ur being hit in both cases.

Your tech chases on the platforms seems pretty good for the most part. You CC when appropriate.
I have to point out though that imo, my speed has decreased to a more reasonable level from what it has been for some time, since I don't focus all my mind in my technical aspect as it kinda breaks my thumb when I do all those float cancel junk tricks. Then I'm not really going speedy on these vids, messing up technical aspects and all, even simple float cancelings to dsmash as I don't manage to fast fall and time it well. :/ But many players have commented on my speed when I really go at it though, but timing is more important than being extremely wacko with speed (like armada :3)

Spacing when I fc onto someone's shield with nair doesn't serve much purpose if I dsmash em, because if I space myself well the shield gets pushed away and won't shieldstab as effectively. I try to space when I use fair though. I should float cancel on their backsides though, but the person I'm playing against won't just sit idle on his shield if he's out of shieldstuntime in any case.

I'm being quite predictable on these vids I admit and it's always been one of my weak points, playing straight forwardly like dash attacking a lot and even into shields instead of mixing it up, but I'm aware of the problem and I'm focusing on thinking more ingame and I have met with lot of success like when I borrowed peki's controller yesterday and played him (improving my technical game in the process with the better controller, noticeably in fact every time I've played with that one). My dd'ing needs improvement, yea.

I must disagree with the edgeguarding however. One does not really need to plan anything, but predict one's opponents, use their logic against them and then follow accordingly. Planning something and having it fail is not good thing to happen. I should use light shield and turnip z-drop on marth more often though and less upsmash edgeguards on foxes and falcos since they don't always forward b but up b instead or just sweetspot.

Safeguarding myself with an attack is better than just floathing and doing nothing, since they can still get hit by that attack if I space well. I've managed to protect myself enough times to know it's better than idling. Going to the ledge with peach's ledge options needs to be always really considered unless there's no other way to protect oneself, she's bound to be a sitting duck if she just floathes above opponents heads. I'm working on a funny toad recovery though, where I use one toad and then use second toad as I near the ledge, making me drop down normally but with a toad in hand and then sweetspotting normally or with parasol or jump to instafloat. =D

I need to work on my cc'ing again though, I don't cc on reaction when peki nairs/bairs me when I should punish him automatically. <_< Same thing with running at people or wavedashing backwards and cc'ing as well, among other things like cc'ing jabs and cc'ing into other stuff like grabs and nairs better.

Thanks for your comment though, I was wondering if this theard has been completely ignored. :3

Top Bottom