• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salty Streams, a new way to watch streams

Shears

Smash Master
This isn't 64 centric though. Looking at it from the scope of a tiny 64 community is wrong. Its for all of twitch and streaming. If the community is so small that a chat will break it, it shouldn't be hard to get them to use an alternative chat all together. Having an interactive extension to the stream however, gives people that might be mildly interested in 64 much more interest because now the stream has something more they can do than watch a game they are unfamiliar with.

No salty streams
Random kid: "Oh a 64 stream? Ehh I don't really know much about the game or players, I think I'll skip it"

Salty streams
Random kid: "Oh a 64 stream? Ehh I don't really know much about the game or players but it will be fun to bet on it and win salty stacks, I think I'll watch it"

Does no one see this? Having something to do other than just watch a stream gives on the fence people a reason to get involved and watch it, because there is something they can get out of it.

Inb4 someone says the quote example isn't a guarantee. Of course its not a guarantee but without it, the possibility of that happening is 0, with it, the possibility of it happening is >0 which is infinitely more helpful than the status quo. Its just another avenue to bring people to a stream. I would never tune in for a SF4 stream but if I could bet on it and win stacks, then yeah I might tune in just for that.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
The toxicity of cane extends beyond his posts here.
ur right i am toxic and i dont even know why im arguing this. its not like ur ****ty little childs fantasy of a betting website is going to go anywhere. enjoy your emotes for 12 year olds

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
This entire thread is literally salty.

Brb, gonna hang myself.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Download FrankerFaceZ or w/e and you can have custom emotes on chat. Also I'm assuming it's two completely separate chats. The reason to having twitch chat only is because you'd be splitting the randoms coming in to watch 64 and the general 64 community who might be using the salt chat. The reason it's bad to have those two split is when randoms come in and ask for 64 related stuff, they wouldn't really have anyone to answer them.

Anyways, this exists. http://www.saltybet.com/
I watch the stream every now and then when I'm bored. I'm usually too lazy to go to the main site since theater mode exists so I can watch streams at almost full screen with chat on the side (which btw cane wasn't bull****ting) and I'm just lazy.

Btw noticed the cropping is pretty bad. Pls fix it if you're actually serious with this.

Shears

Smash Master
Download FrankerFaceZ or w/e and you can have custom emotes on chat. Also I'm assuming it's two completely separate chats. The reason to having twitch chat only is because you'd be splitting the randoms coming in to watch 64 and the general 64 community who might be using the salt chat. The reason it's bad to have those two split is when randoms come in and ask for 64 related stuff, they wouldn't really have anyone to answer them.

Anyways, this exists. http://www.saltybet.com/
I watch the stream every now and then when I'm bored. I'm usually too lazy to go to the main site since theater mode exists so I can watch streams at almost full screen with chat on the side (which btw cane wasn't bull****ting) and I'm just lazy.

Btw noticed the cropping is pretty bad. Pls fix it if you're actually serious with this.
Saltybets is only for that fgc game, salty streams gives that feature to everyone. I still don't think you all get it.

Can you please explain the cropping issue? I'm not sure what you're talking about?

caneut

Smash Ace
Sure glad we have people who hate the online community so much they are a detriment to the 64 community as a whole.

caneut

Smash Ace
Calling you a deadbeat isn't detrimental to the community as a whole.
read
Also I'm assuming it's two completely separate chats. The reason to having twitch chat only is because you'd be splitting the randoms coming in to watch 64 and the general 64 community who might be using the salt chat. The reason it's bad to have those two split is when randoms come in and ask for 64 related stuff, they wouldn't really have anyone to answer them.

Top Bottom