• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salt2, YO We on t3h lookout for dat trashcan thief!

DRN

Smash Lord
Tryin to make this w/ dyno. Just put us down as confirmed for now.

and omg i <3 the zss rule. My samus sucks some serious ***

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Needs some hype. I'll go with Scatt if I can catch a ride with him here. Other than that, I'm set =)

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
H1N1, Arch, and I will possibly be coming with Kadaj, so you can put us on the interested list as well.

Sakul

Smash Rookie
actually, im probably gonna come now i just have to do something for my parents and if i do it they will let me if i dont do it they wont.:)

Player-1

Smash Legend
So what does everyone think about scrapping the stage list all together and having just RC for a legal stage in singles and doubles as well?

btw 1 more week hype.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
IF I can somehow get someone to cover my shift Saturday, I'll be here.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'll be there. I might enter brawl or something.

Also, is it okay if I bring a melee setup?

Player-3

Smash Hero
get hype

rainbow cruise random tournament results:
1. Player-3
2. Reflex
3. Player-1

NO CONTEST

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Could someone possibly take pictures, @ the tourney? I want more to add to my upcoming vblogs of the series.

Player-1

Smash Legend
so from this list who can I expect to see at the tournament?L

Kadaj (interested)
Zatch (interested)
disasterABDUL (interested)
Sakul (interested)
Troooer (interested)
Mercy (interested)
H1N1 (interested)
Uncle (interested)
iblis (interested)
arch (interested)

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Unless arch's car magically breaks down before the tourney, he, Kadaj, H1N1, and I are 100% confirmed. We are also still trying to fill the 5th and final car seat with someone.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Cool. In response to the BBR-RC recommended ruleset, I will be adopting some of their rules (not all of them) the following things are changing:

-There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 45 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
-If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 17 for all other characters.

Doubles:
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.

Set Procedure
Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-10 for all proceeding matches.

if anyone has any objections to these changes then feel free to post them here, it's open for discussion. I try to create the rules based on what the community wants, even if I personally disagree with the rule.

The changes from the previous list are:
-MK has a 35 LGL limit, the rest of the cast has 45. This is opposed to all characters having a 45 LGL.
-There is a LGL for sudden death procedure now of 13 for MK and 17 for the rest of the cast.
-There is no total LGL for doubles now, only individual ledge grabs will count i.e. Both people on a team can have 44 LGL and it be finde.
-You can no longer ban a stage then go into stage striking procedure, banning of stages will occur after the first match unless agreed upon by both players. The stage striking procedure is 1-2-1 so the first person strikes one, the next person then can strike TWO stages, and then the first person can strike one again.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
SALT2 vlog/Hype video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWk6g8UsOuo

I'm gonna be doing more and more of these every week I about a new SALT tourney to create new attendance and more hype. The vlog is simple and is based off the posts on GA's threads (Like trash talk), what goes down @ Salt and any other tourney related, pictures from the venue, stream updates (if we can manage to get one.) and Tourney results. I'll be providing the music lol, but I'm always down for requests.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=108216

Hype it in this blog. Just post something like "oohh cool GA HYPE" or some bs lol.

I don't want them overlooked, we should be hyping the hell out of our stuff like other people lol

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Unless arch's car magically breaks down before the tourney, he, Kadaj, H1N1, and I are 100% confirmed. We are also still trying to fill the 5th and final car seat with someone.
Are you guys still staying with me?

If you are, you can come anytime after 3 pm is when I'm done with class and I'm free the whole day to smash :D

DRN

Smash Lord
Yea i'll be taking pictures and some video for this tourney. I can post it if ppl wanna c how the tourney is and im also gonna be using some Pictures to use in our BBC thread so people know what the venue looks like.

Dyno isnt bringing that fancy *** camera to this though since we werent in school to get it.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Player-1 you think, you could like make this thread the SALT series thread? and just like rename it everytime a new SALT comes up? Or do you think we should just keep using the Waba thread for that? Because I sorta wanna be able to refer to a general thread in the vlogs. Like "Check us out @ the Salt thread [Insert Link]" That'd make things a little easier instead of being like find the new SALT thread etc. lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well I don't think the moderators would let a thread like that stay like they would in the regional zones, so the WABA thread is fine for now. It'd be cool if we could change the WABA thread to the SALT thread as in the title and the OP and stuff, but since Min created that topic then I can't do that and I'm not sure if moderators would go with it without permission from him, so for now I'm fine with the WABA thread just being the SALT thread, it's pretty much the Georgia Social.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Well I don't think the moderators would let a thread like that stay like they would in the regional zones, so the WABA thread is fine for now. It'd be cool if we could change the WABA thread to the SALT thread as in the title and the OP and stuff, but since Min created that topic then I can't do that and I'm not sure if moderators would go with it without permission from him, so for now I'm fine with the WABA thread just being the SALT thread, it's pretty much the Georgia Social.

Oh ok, I'll just refer to the waba thread in the vlogs I guess.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL I AM CONFIRMEDDD

I got off work this saturday, I'll be at this to wreck all you guys
whats up
Same.

I'm passing up an opportunity to make money to lose money, totally irrational, yet it makes perfect sense to me.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If Scatt can't go, neither can I. If he can, it's 50-50, depending on what his mom says about me joining the ride.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
If Scatt can't go, neither can I. If he can, it's 50-50, depending on what his mom says about me joining the ride.
If you can manage a ride to my place, or even close to, I'll take you.

Top Bottom