• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salt Stories.

PKAce

Smash Rookie
What's the saltiest you've ever seen someone?
What was the story as to why they were that salty?

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Once this guy got so salty, he could have cured meat by staring at it. He was soooo salty, he could adequately meet the daily sodium requirements for a balanced day based on a 2000 calorie diet. In fact he was SO salty, if he was piñata and was smashed open with a baseball bat, salt is the only thing that would come out.

Oh yah, the story. He was salty cuz he lost in a video game.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I like to watch my sister play for glory, she is pretty young, but she is actually pretty good. She came across this falcon player and beat him, but then lost the second match where the falcon felt like being a bit of a meanie! >:L Disgusted by the sight, I took the controller and blew the guy back and acted really obnoxious because I felt he deserved it. The guy spammed real naughty usernames until he felt like he couldn't stand losing anymore, and he trudged through his salt trail and left the game. Happy ending!!! :happysheep: I'll tell ya, he more salty than any ogre I met!

~Astra

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChainsawPolice
Back when I still played LoL, I was in a lobby with some work friends. This was the day that the rework for Ashe was released, so we were all pretty eager to play her. But we didn't wanna test our luck.
We all agreed that nobody would pick Ashe, and we'd instead go with some more tried-and-tested champs. One guy, who we all know as the guy who can't handle his emotions in-game, starts getting angry over TeamSpeak, saying that he was gonna play the new Ashe anyway.

We let him. He calms down. I ask him if he can unpick Ashe for a second so I can hear her new voice quote upon selection. He agrees, I pick Ashe, I lock in. Now he has to play one of the other 5,000 champions.

He starts screaming, then logs off LoL and TeamSpeak.He didn't come back online for a solid month or so. Probably got snowed in under all that salt he generated.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
One time on For Glory I was Wario and I ran into a Marth player that just kept using side-B. I win, and he changes his name to "SO OP -_-". I didn't know what it meant at first so I just said "GG" (thought he was blaming himself for losing).

Next match we use the same characters and I win (on a side note I never taunted/spammed in these matches). He then changes his name to "KILLURSELF". Well that's awfully drastic.

For some reason I chose to fight this clown again. Of course I beat his crappy Marth and he changes his name to "USUCKKID" and "UR OP AF" [you're overpowered as f***]. I just say "LOL" and he leaves.
:shaker:

If he thinks Wario is OP I'd hate to see what he'd say to Sheik... or Rosalina... or Pikachu... or Diddy Kong... or any other character that is considered to be better than Wario.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
One time on For Glory I was Wario and I ran into a Marth player that just kept using side-B. I win, and he changes his name to "SO OP -_-". I didn't know what it meant at first so I just said "GG" (thought he was blaming himself for losing).

Next match we use the same characters and I win (on a side note I never taunted/spammed in these matches). He then changes his name to "KILLURSELF". Well that's awfully drastic.

For some reason I chose to fight this clown again. Of course I beat his crappy Marth and he changes his name to "USUCKKID" and "UR OP AF" [you're overpowered as f***]. I just say "LOL" and he leaves.
:shaker:

If he thinks Wario is OP I'd hate to see what he'd say to Sheik... or Rosalina... or Pikachu... or Diddy Kong... or any other character that is considered to be better than Wario.
It's quite scary that someone would tell someone else to end their life over a video game. What world we live in eh?

~Astra

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChainsawPolice
I'd love to hook him up in a 1v1 with a Little Mac main.

eagle_master

Smash Cadet
NNID
roustik
3DS FC
2852-7293-3760
I was playing as Mewtwo and play vs a guy who was playing as Sheik in for glory. I took his first stock while I had only 20% and after that he self-destruct himself and the name "YOUSUCK" and then next battle he used Ness and I still took his stock first and he still self-destruct after that he put the name "YOUHACK" and left.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
The saltiest I've ever seen someone was not in a video game.

I used to work in a chain restaurant, very popular at breakfast hours, and also with senior citizens. Senior citizens are either: A. Really funny, B. really polite, or C. Impatient, entitled douchers
It's Sunday, and Sunday mornings are the busiest we ever get (every Sunday a huge 14+ person church group comes in, along with other large groups) and per my General Manager's orders, as hostess, I have to give everyone that comes in a 10-15 minute wait time. This is so our servers and cooks don't get overwhelmed and risk giving bad service.

I tell a lady and her husband they have a 10 minute wait, and they sit down quietly. The lady is clearly impatient and looking around constantly. She notices a table that was just bussed, and comes up to me with the attitude of ages: "Can you tell me why theres an empty table with no one serving it?" The real reason is what I stated in the previous paragraph: I can't seat a server until my boss says so. What sucks about customer service is that you can never tell the truth; you have to bull**** because (no offense here... but I'm saying something offensive) most customers are kind of stupid and won't get it unless you bull****. I use the "triple-A method" for all unsatisfied customers (A- pologize) "I'm sorry the wait is so long," ("A-cknowledge) "I know waiting is tough when you're hungry", ("A-ct") "I'll try to get you seated as soon as possible".

She wasn't happy hearing that. She told me I was "rude, unhelpful, and she was going to talk to my boss (whom she interrupted during a phone call) to which my boss said the exact same thing as I did. Coincidentally, one of our servers told us she was ready to go, and as my boss takes the unhappy lady to her seat, she spits in my ear and says "now THAT'S service."

EDIT: I forgot to mention the lady was only waiting for a total of THREE minutes.

Last edited:

PrimeTF

Banned via Warnings
My first local Melee tournament, a guy in the station next to mine tossed his controller in rage.

And my dad says I'm the crazy one.

PrimeTF

Banned via Warnings
> I go to local PM
> I fight Diddy Kong
> ???
> Carpal Tunnel

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Ya know, I actually have a salty story from yesterday when playing 4-Player For Glory where someone completely lost their ****.

I hardly ever play 4-Player For Glory due to how much of a mess it could be but I really wanted a change of pace aside from 1v1 and For Fun. So when I enter there's a Villager, Lucina, and Corrin Player. This Villager is doing nothing but camping at the edge, spamming, and even going as far as stealing KOs. I was mostly pretty much the only person trying to take down this Villager because of it (since the other two wasn't going after them at all and the Villager was winning the majority of the matches by being ignored). Worst part about it is the other two would also come after me while trying to go after this Villager, which was a pain.

Eventually the Corrin player starts following suit, doing the same thing the Villager was doing. Waiting at the edge, spamming Dragons Fang and such. At one point the Villager leaves after winning once again so it just leaves us three left in the CSS lobby.

The Lucina then put up "LOL CUCKS" "BODYGUARD" "COWARDS" and other things.

So I couldn't quite tell who they were really mad at. The Villager that left? The Corrin? Me for some reason? Were they trying to blame us for the Villager winning when they never went after them? I was confused but disregarded it. I went from Bayonetta to King Dedede, and with no one else left in the lobby the match started with us three. Suddenly the Lucina is coming after only me.

The Corrin just sat back before finally jumping in trying to get involved as well. I basically ended up killing the Lucina twice, and De-Cided the Corrin at least two times due to the fact he kept standing at the edge trying to counter it for some odd reason...

During this the Lucina is taunting and tea-bagging like crazy when I De-Cided Corrin, only to realize I won the match by +2.

Afterwords she flashes "LOOK HES RUNNING LOOK HES RUNNING COWARDS DO YOU WANT HIM TO WIN? LOOK HES RUNNING R U HAPPY LOOK". They had all these tags preset so this was a common occurrence with that Lucina player apparently. The Corrin decides to retaliate with "YEH" followed by a smiley face (which I found pretty funny). So when the next match started the Lucina went Ganondorf and only went after the Corrin player the entire match. They only smacked me away during the match.

This match resulted in Sudden Death (due to me being ignored and getting one or two final hits on the Corrin) and I thankfully won against the Lucina (now Ganondorf) due to the bombs. The Corrin player put up "GG" so I did as well. Well she didn't like that and began putting up "NO STFU COWARDS NO SKILL" yadda yadda... In the end a Lucas player entered and after two matches of the Lucina/Ganondorf winning twice in a row they proceeded to act severely smugly, threw out insults, and eventually left the CSS.

Long story short:
A Lucina player got so salty that if they worked at McDonalds they could salt their fries for a life time.

I also apologize for the long post! You're a trooper for reading it all.

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
My sister when she plays Call of Duty Black ops. She always plays multiplayer in Nuketown and has the best reactions. She doesn't scream nor does she talk the talk. Nah, she just makes fun of the game and the bots/players with the best commentary.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I made a whole college Group salty for two years straight.

Ok so I play Olimar and theres this gaming college group who has no Knowledge on Olimar at ALL, so when they heard someone was playing Olimar they laughed and basically said "easy win", well I won their little annual Tournament two years in a row coming first place, literally everyone there was either shocked, surprised, or Salty.

I lost it laughing after I heard someone saying they should Ban Olimar next time before leaving the event.

The13thGalaxy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2767-0840-7029
Switch FC
SW-8121-7126-7047
This is the story of how I made someone (who was rather skilled at irritating me) nearly punch me in the throat.

Where I'm from, we have weekly little tournaments for those interested in coming back to school a bit after we're all let out on Thursdays. We'll call him GD, because he's a Ganon player. GD tries overly hard in many circumstances, and it looks like he has a seizure when you look at his hands when he plays. When he wins, he always smirks, nods and basically is the guy who goes "gg ez" in LoL or Overwatch. (He's so cocky, he called himself Bizarro Flame 2.0. Let me assure you, he's nowhere near that.)

For whatever reason, he took an immediate shine to me as..what I can only assume he thinks is a rival. I don't like GD. I don't like him one bit. He'll just approach me in the halls at school and start talking sauce about me, even when I give a clear indication I have no interest in talking to him.

Flash back a few weeks, and our little Smash Club decides we want to play 64. (Four stocks, no items, etc.) I have no idea how to play 64, so I I just play Kirby because I heard he's fun. I get matched up with GD for the bracket, first match. GD picks Falcon. The match starts and I just do my thing, GD does his thing. I end up getting the first KO, nothing major. I'm nodding to myself like I do after most kills, and then I refocus. The next stock goes on, and I kill him again. By now, people have noticed that I'm up 4/2 on GD. They start gathering around to watch. I take his third stock by dairing off the ledge and recovering after nearly kissing the blast zone. I can hear the sharp inhales of the people watching behind us. GD is not happy. He immediately starts just going absolute ham, but I only end up losing one stock before taking the first game. I look over at him, wink, and click my tongue. I don't think I've ever seen someone so mad.

Second game starts, and I kid you not, I spike him in the first fifteen seconds. He was so tilted, he was basically upside down. Second stock, he SDs. Third, I dair and come back from the edge of the blast zone again. I'm up in stocks 2/1, and he's throwing everything he has with me. I know he's gonna try to Falcon Punch me, so I inhale him and spit him out under the stage for the win. I decided, at that moment, to give GD a taste of his own medicine. I immediately start kinda headbanging and generally just act like a giant prick. I looked over to him and saw absolute murder in his eyes. He rips his controller out, and I walk off with the biggest smile on my face.

I didn't win the tournament, sadly.

PrimeTF

Banned via Warnings
I have a bad habit of generating salt every time I play a match in tournament. "I can't pick a good main" I say.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
One time I was on Pokémon Showdown, just minding my own business and chatting in lobby. Someone comes in and starts just being awful: insulting random people, claiming he's the best at Pokémon, and saying that we should all kill ourselves because we'd never beat him in a battle. Now, in lobby, we get a lot of overconfident children who say they're the best, but I had never seen one this rude. At first, I ignore him and carry on with my day. After he continues this for a while, I decide "Hey, maybe I should send him a challenge and see how he does." I send him a Monotype Random Battle challenge, he accepts, and the battle starts. As luck would have it, I end up with a Fire-type team, and he ends up with Grass. Of course, I absolutely obliterate his team, so he sends me another challenge. I decline, since I already kicked his ass. He carries on about how I'm the "world's biggest *****" and how I'm "so ****ing terrible at this game". I go ahead and fight him again (in Monotype Random, again) so that he'll shut up.

This is where the story gets really good. The battle starts; I get a Steel-type team while he gets Fighting, so he had the advantage over me. He starts out with Sawk, and I start out with Jirachi. His Sawk gets flinched to death. He sends out his Blaziken, who kills my Jirachi with a High Jump Kick, but not before I get a Wish off. I send in my Heatran. Heatran takes one HJK and hits back with Earth Power. At this point, it's pretty obvious he's just going to spam HJK, and my Heatran just so happens to have Protect. I protect, Blaziken HJKs again, misses, and dies. He sends out Medicham. First turn out, it uses High Jump Kick, misses, loses half its health, and gets killed by Lava Plume. The chat looks something like this:
His lines My lines People watching
Are you ****ing kidding me
Wow, did that just happen
**** you ******
Love you too
Someone's salty
Kill yourself
Nah
He then proceeds to forfeit and rage about me in lobby, calling me a "hacker" and demanding that the moderators ban me (somebody's a Verlisify fan). He continued complaining and insulting everyone (especially me) until he got hit with a mute, a lock, and a ban.

And that is the story of the saltiest person I've ever met in a game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom