• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai was right about this game being for couples

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Well 1st I would have to find me a boyfriend. Then I would just have to convince them to play some smash with me ( or they might love it already)

Nonchalant

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna have to go over to my friends house and beat subspace. I mean like...it has to happen.

Chaoticwolf

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't have a girlfriend. But if there is a midnight release, I'll be going with my 2 best buddies to pick up our copies and play Brawl (VS mode, and Co-op Subspace) until we past out from exhaustion.

Close enough, I guess?

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I'm hoping to get my G/F interested in Brawl (She wasn't a huge fan of Melee) but I figure if we make the journey together, she'll enjoy it all the more.

TheLeperKhan

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend and her twin brother used to spank me in Melee, but eventually I got way better and can dominate them however I want to in FFAs or one-on-one. And for the next year at least, we still live in different houses, so I don't think I'll be able to team up with her. I've never found a good partner to take em both on with in Team Battles, so I'm hoping my little brother will finally be up to snuff in Brawl.

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
i DEFINITELY will be playing this with my gf (she loves roy cause apparently he's "easy to use" haha). thank god this game has co-op

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
lol my gf likes video games...I don't know about smash tho....hmmm. And for all those guys who are "lonely", just tell someone you like them! What do u have to lose? If your really lucky they will come to you :p. But seriously all that can happen is u will be rejected, but think of yourself more of a man (or woman ;)) for trying.

Wow, that went off topic... I'll just fight my friends.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Wow i'm surprised at the huge amounts of people who know little or no girls that play video games... Most girls in my school play video games even the plastics...

Well, the first time i play i want to beat the SSE alone but after that i'll probably play it with my cousin.

I don't know if my crush/friend likes it though... But if he doesn't know about Smash i'll probably make him play:ohwell:

MunkyMan33

Smash Apprentice
I'm talking to a girl who on our first date told me very detailed things about ocarina AND majora's mask. she loves the zelda games (kinda looks like her too : ) and his almost done TP. I stayed at her parents house for newyears where she whooped me in wii bowling (i've bowled a perfect game before, she's just good) and played the original mario with me (I think I impressed her with my speed run, no seriously) not my girlfriend yet, but believe me I'm working on it. all that to say, when that day comes. brawl is on!

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
My ex was a marathon runner. She didn't like video games at all, but was a good person to be around, and the time spent with her was worth it til we both moved on to greener pastures. What's important is that you find at least some common ground with the guys and ladies out there that may catch your interest, so you can at least do things you enjoy together.

I know this is kind of out of place, but I just spent the afternoon giving advice to my younger brother, so I'm in an older brother mood here. Basically the key to everything is compromise, and if you have a girl that is gung-ho and willing to play smash, cool. If you have a girl that's willing to try it even if they're not sure, make sure that you immediately do something she likes after. Don't want to be that nerd that brushes off time with a lady just for hobbies, y'know? ;)

That said, having a Wii is a good investment for multiple reasons. People you'd never expect want to come over and try it. I recommend advertising that you were "playing wii bowling last night" often. I'd go into more detail but now is not the time nor the place.

skiks

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend would probably play it with me since she love playing video games but she's a bit far off at the moment. I'll play with my sis until I can go visit her. :D

LoserNumber2

Smash Apprentice
wow, i am surprised at the people that don't know any girls that play video games. I personally know a few, but i will probaly be playing with my cousins. Because i currently don't want or have a GF. My last relationship didn't end well, and that caused my now EX to try and get back with me, and that was extremely annoying -___-X

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
LMAO! I am getting a kick out of this thread.....

Please people, keep it coming.

But just remember this,

Bro’s before ho’s. Why? Because your bro’s are always there for you. They’ve got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason. And you were nothing but great to your ho. And you told her that she was the only ho for you and that she was better than all the other ho’s in the world. And then…and then suddenly... she’s not your ho ..no mo’.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
My GF doesn't play melee that well and she prolly won't be playing with me in SSE. However, in the field of gaming girls my sister is pretty good and would most likely be my partner

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
playin brawl with my gf would just.....A) be a waste of time (in the sense that i could achieve more w/out her, not saying playing brawl would be a waste of time) B) annoy the hell outta me

okiyama

Smash Ace
I've decided that although this sound kinda mean but I think my friends would only slow me down unlocking stuff. I'll definitely beat SSE before them and after that I'll help them out but I wanna keep my own pace. Which should be pretty fast.

They're all noobs BTW... >.>

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
My ex/current femalle aquaintance doesn't like video games, but played a few matches of Melee as Kirby and sucked, so maybe she'll be better now that Kirby got buffed up the ***. She doesn't have a Wii or anything so she'll probably justy randomly play with me and my friends sometimes.

Co-op will be with some of my friends that are also getting Brawl.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
while she isn't my gf, I plan on inviting my female friend over to help with some co-op matches. She loves videogames, and we've played Melee a lot, so she knows her stuff.

Draenic gamer

Smash Cadet
Wow, this is so thread is romantic, keep them coming!

I want to do this someday....hopefully soon ^-~

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Man I dont seem to know any girls that like video game (except DDR and GH) and my one big crush...I dont even know what she likes, I know her real well dont get me wrong but I seriously dont know what she likes to do

I have something else to say. i dont know any of you and so I have no problem saying this out loud. And while I dont want to turn this into a big gooey confession thread, I just gotta say...I think I love my friend Sarah, I just feel so good when I talk to her and am around her, and sometimes she seems to hint she likes me back...

ChrisZ

Smash Cadet
Me and a bud of mine back in college are both gonna play once I get the game that night. If I don't get it that very night, we got the weekend, we don't have classes until Tuesday so we have a three day weekend to play Brawl.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I'll forever and for always be lonesome...................

'Tis shame the Hero always has to go alone. :(

I have NO ONE consistent to play with. And my bro hates Smash Bros...... so what little time he's around he won't be playing that. Which is fine.

:(

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
my gf enjoys watching me play melee so shes kinda perfect.

playin brawl with my gf would just.....A) be a waste of time (in the sense that i could achieve more w/out her, not saying playing brawl would be a waste of time) B) annoy the hell outta me
lawls! i agree, thats why i don't ask her to play.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Man I dont seem to know any girls that like video game (except DDR and GH) and my one big crush...I dont even know what she likes, I know her real well dont get me wrong but I seriously dont know what she likes to do

I have something else to say. i dont know any of you and so I have no problem saying this out loud. And while I dont want to turn this into a big gooey confession thread, I just gotta say...I think I love my friend Sarah, I just feel so good when I talk to her and am around her, and sometimes she seems to hint she likes me back...
You can't know her that well if you don't know what a person likes to do. Thats like one of the most basic things you can learn about a person.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Apparently its also for friends and family.

But say, just because YOUR girlfriend and some other peoples partners want to doesn't mean he was right.

I mean thats like... This guy I hate wants to play Super Smash against me.. This game is made for enemies.

No flame intended, but just a point.

-Onyx

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I will be playing with my bro and his friend more then likey.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
While I do have a significant other who happens to be alright at Smash Brothers and is just good when it comes to games in general, there is a small problem with us being in totally different countries... heh, and I'd be the first person to say that love on the internet is really stupid and is a waste of time, so color me surprised.

I have my doubts about there being a Wi-Fi co-op mode, but at least there's plenty of other modes that are going to have wireless multiplayer, so I'm sure things will be fine. The lag shouldn't be that terrible either, if some other Wi-Fi games are to be trusted.

I'm looking to get my brother to play co-op with me though, Smash Brothers is one of the few modern game series he actually likes, so I'll be in luck either way.

king_neeso

Smash Apprentice
My girlfriend likes Melee, and she said she wants Brawl. But she's sick of me obsessing over it, so I doubt she'd want to play co-op modes with me...
lols i kno that feeling brutha. lol my missus doesnt see what the fuss is about but we play heaps of melee together so i rekon wed play thru subspace at least once togetha

supa*

Smash Cadet
Where The Heck... You Guys Must've Gotten The Good Ones...

All of the girls I know wouldn't touch a videogame with a twenty-nine-and-a-half foot pole...

I occasionally get the glimpse of my older sister playing Super Mario 64 or Brain Age, but that's about it. D:

Apparently, my good friend and I are going to coop the SSE around the time it comes out. The closest I can get to a girl: my girly-man of a friend :(.

Lawke

Smash Cadet
LMAO! I am getting a kick out of this thread.....

Please people, keep it coming.

But just remember this,

Bro’s before ho’s. Why? Because your bro’s are always there for you. They’ve got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason. And you were nothing but great to your ho. And you told her that she was the only ho for you and that she was better than all the other ho’s in the world. And then…and then suddenly... she’s not your ho ..no mo’.
+10000 kabillion million cool points for quoting The Office.

Top Bottom