• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai To Host Video Presentation On Smash At E3 2015!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I'd rather just have a brief explanation of Lucas and the Miiverse stage. Keep the new content for the E3 direct.
Because I don't want to see the E3 direct knowing that I already saw the new Smash Bros. stuff. And I sincerely doubt they have enough new DLC content to cover both the Smash mini-direct and the E3 direct.

But yeah, gotta run and buy tickets. The hype train is leaving early.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
That day was supposed to be the day of Bethesda's E3 confrence. Now nobody will be watching it lol.

This makes it sound like he's only going to talk about Lucas, Miiverse stage and Splatoon costumes. But it's Sakurai, baby! I'm expecting very awesome things.
There is a big banner on there that says ''New content approaching.''

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well this may be the first one that miss the live stream

(Due to church)

But i will possibly watch it later (but it will depend first.)

Im not hyping for the 8:40 to 9 patt just yet

Because of a digitial direct right after it. (The how dlc is pick for smash might be shown at that.)

So just in case i don't see live version don't tell me an

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Probably get the tournament mode aforementioned in the 50+ facts extravaganza

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'm fully expecting another character to be revealed in this presentation, regardless of if it's a surprise addition alongside Lucas in the new update or if this new character will be instead released in a later update instead (edit: whoops). I mean, we got a new character announced in every single presentation showcasing major Smash-related contents (I think the only exception was in the Splatton Direct but just a costume is a very minor announcement tbh). For example, we got four veterans and Greninja in the April Direct, we got Mewtwo in the 50-fact Extravaganza Direct, and we got Lucas in the April Direct despite everyone fully expecting to only have Mewtwo news. And regardless, 20 minutes is way too long to only talk about what we already know. Lucas talk will most likely take less than three minutes (probably about the same amount of time dedicated to Little Mac in the April 2014 Direct who was specifically talked about more than everyone else).

Here's what I think seems reasonable to expect:
- Introduction: about 1 minute and 15 seconds (01:15)
- General DLC talk: about 2 minutes and one half (03:45)
- Lucas talk: about 3 minutes and 15 seconds (07:00)
- Miiverse stage: about 1 minute and half (08:30)
- New Mii costumes: about 1 minute and half (10:00)
- New costumes for non-Mii characters: about 45 seconds (10:45)
- New (paid) stages: about 1 minute and half (12:15)
- Battlefield form stages reveal: about 45 seconds (13:00)
- Apologies for Mewtwo's lack of custom moves and confirmation that they'll be added, and confirmation that all upcoming DLC characters will get them as well (PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN): about 45 seconds (13:45)
- Balance changes: about 45 seconds (14:30)
- Tournament mode: about 3 minutes (17:30)
- Conclusion: about 1 minute (18:30)
- New character trailer: about 1 minute and half (20:00)
More details on what's expected, and a fair amount of new, unrevealed stuff to justify a presentation like this.

Nintendo talking about Smash outside of the Digital Event is awesome when you think about it. It is incredibly hype for everyone who's interested in more SSB4 contents, and it frees time to let Nintendo talk about actual upcoming games rather than DLCs in the Digital Event. Everyone wins.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hm...now I'm wondering if they're using this mini-video to get the upcoming content out of the way so they can use the Direct for new Smash stuff.

Not out of the question they'd reveal something here, but being two days before Nintendo's main presentation + the early time makes me think we might not see any major announcements in this one.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So...

S H O R Y U K E N B O Y Z ?

Either way I'm hella excited.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER. :cool:

#ALLABOARDTHEHYPETRAIN

It's official... I'm definitely a major BADASS now because I was born on the 14th/Flag Day. WOOT!!!! :D

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I'm fully expecting another character to be revealed in this presentation, regardless of if it's a surprise addition alongside Lucas in the new update or if this new character will be instead released in a later update instead. I mean, we got a new character announced in every single presentation showcasing major Smash-related contents (I think the only exception was in the Splatton Direct but just a costume is a very minor announcement tbh). For example, we got four veterans and Greninja in the April Direct, we got Mewtwo in the 50-fact Extravaganza Direct, and we got Lucas in the April Direct despite everyone fully expecting to only have Mewtwo news. And regardless, 20 minutes is way too long to only talk about what we already know. Lucas talk will most likely take less than three minutes (probably about the same amount of time dedicated to Little Mac in the April 2014 Direct who was specifically talked about more than everyone else).

- General DLC talk: about two minutes and one half (03:45)
- Lucas talk: about 3 and 15 seconds minutes (07:00)
- Apologies for Mewtwo's lack of custom moves and confirmation that they'll be added, and confirmations that all upcoming DLC characters will get them as well (PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN): about 45 seconds (13:45)
More details on what's expected, and a fair amount of new, unrevealed stuff to justify a presentation like this.

Nintendo talking about Smash outside of the Digital Event is awesome when you think about it. It is incredibly hype for everyone who's interested in more SSB4 contents, and it frees time to let Nintendo talk about actual upcoming games rather than DLCs in the Digital Event. Everyone wins.
That actually sounds quite feasible. I'm more exited now! If this turns out to be completely correct I'll be impressed, and frankly, a little freaked out... Jk.

bugmac101

Smash Rookie
NNID
bugmac101
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YUUUUUUS. i can put in my splatoon costume codes! wait, more content, screw dat!

Soul.

Really hoping they announce more 3DS stages, like Dream Land 64 or something. Maybe even Pokémon Stadium (Melee).
Either way I'll keep my expectations low.

D

Deleted member

My sad prediction is that it will be an announcement of there being an announcement at E3.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
If Sakurai announces King K Rool for DLC.... this is literally going to be me...

please king k rool!!!!! PLEASE!!!

D

Deleted member

"Hello, I am Masahiro Sakurai, and starting June, 14, we will be releasing the following content: Lucas, Splatoon Mii Outfits, A balance patch, and an engine change to make the game more competitive. Thank You".

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I'm fully expecting another character to be revealed in this presentation, regardless of if it's a surprise addition alongside Lucas in the new update or if this new character will be instead released in a later update instead. I mean, we got a new character announced in every single presentation showcasing major Smash-related contents (I think the only exception was in the Splatton Direct but just a costume is a very minor announcement tbh). For example, we got four veterans and Greninja in the April Direct, we got Mewtwo in the 50-fact Extravaganza Direct, and we got Lucas in the April Direct despite everyone fully expecting to only have Mewtwo news. And regardless, 20 minutes is way too long to only talk about what we already know. Lucas talk will most likely take less than three minutes (probably about the same amount of time dedicated to Little Mac in the April 2014 Direct who was specifically talked about more than everyone else).

- General DLC talk: about 2 minutes and one half (03:45)
- Lucas talk: about 3 minutes and 15 seconds (07:00)
- Apologies for Mewtwo's lack of custom moves and confirmation that they'll be added, and confirmations that all upcoming DLC characters will get them as well (PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN): about 45 seconds (13:45)

WOW, this is a very specific rundown, but I hope you're right.
Happy to hear that other people are thinking about DLC stages. After characters, stages are the most exciting thing about Super Smash Bros for me. I'd love to see some more Nintendo 64 past stages.
Battlefield form stages is another addition I'd very much like to see... plus (and I'm not a game designer so I don't really know) it seems like it wouldn't be THAT difficult to accomplish.

Can I just stop for a moment to say how happy I am that they decided to go ahead with DLC for this game? Part of the fun of Smash Bros is the anticipation of the unknown, and it was killing me (after the leak that told us about Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario etc.) knowing that I wouldn't be looking forward to that awesome anticipation again for many years.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I thin we will see Roy here. Then during the actual digital event, we will see Wolf after Starfox is shown. ( Here is a Wolf amiibo, that works with the new starfox AND smash bros. Why smash? Well... Please take a look) and we will see a third party (Shantae or Ryu)

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Maybe it's Smash 64 on VC

OR MAYBE ITS ONE OF THOSE NEW GAMEMODES WHICH MIGHT BE SOMETHING LIKE 200CC HUEHUEHUE

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Well this may be the first one that miss the live stream

(Due to church)

But i will possibly watch it later (but it will depend first.)
haha no you're not the only one! I was wondering how pathetic I would feel slipping out in the middle to watch the video haha. but I wont do that

manrangan

Smash Cadet
NNID
manrangan
3DS FC
1289-8629-2870
Switch FC
SW-8204-8475-7607
If Wolf becomes DLC, he'll probably be announced alongside the new Star Fox for Wii U

Top Bottom