• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai to give presentation at GDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
Sakurai will be giving a presentation on"Brawl Characters, the Postmortem" at GDC

For those who don't know, GDC is the Game Developer's conference and will take place February 18-22 in SanFransico.

https://www.cmpevents.com/GD08/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=6975

Here is what the site says so far:

Building Characters: The SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL Postmortem
Speaker: Masahiro Sakurai (Designer and Director, Sora Ltd.)
Date/Time: TBD
Track: Game Design
Experience Level: All

Session Description
One of the strengths of Nintendo is its great number of character franchises. SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL builds on this legacy by providing a unique experience for Wii, leveraging many popular characters from the history of Nintendo and beyond. However, integrating so many different characters, each with its own personality, is no easy task, especially when characters from other publishers are willing to join the brawl. The man behind SMASH BROS., Masahiro Sakurai, discusses how he has approached this unique game series.

Will anyone be able to attend? Wish I could =(.

Edit- I also wonder if this was set before or after he knew about the delay?...hm...

Greevy

Smash Cadet
They should release this as a video on Wii Shop Channel for free alongside a demo to make up for the delay even a little bit... I mean I've always found behind the scenes stuff interesting, I'd probubly want to see this more then a demo, I mean what can I do with a demo that just won't make me sadder? Well... I guess I could play it... I'm just not in the right of head at this moment.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
Yeah, It will be cool to see who was not put in, and WHY! And to see who asked to be put in and such. It will be a good thing to tide me over till Brawl does come out.

I also wonder if this was set before or after he knew about the delay?...hm...

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I wanna see how Sakurai does what he does. It sounds interesting!

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I wonder if he's going to reveal anything new. I doubt it though. And this is in SanFran? Can't go, I'm on the other side of the coast.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
I was about to post this. This is obviously the reason for this delay...Nintendo wants to use this conference to create hype in America, and likely announce a new third party character as well(keep in mind, casual gamers likely won't know who it is just because the game is out in Japan).

krynny

Smash Cadet
I wonder which 3rd parties asked to have their char in brawl, and why they were denied for this game. possible chars for the next smash bros? also wondering about the chars taken out.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
If anyone is not able to record this, hopefully IGN or another site will be able to grab some video, or at least a transcript.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Yeah I am going to neeeed at least a transcript of this event. Yeah. Very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom