• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai talks about Clones in Famitsu column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Folt

Smash Ace
If we only had the Wii U version, I'd think the only change would be that Ice Climbers would be in and Smash Run would be out, with the modes that already are on the Wii U version being in, and the game coming out earlier because it would free up resources.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I did not insinuate even half of that. All I was doing was telling that guy not to discard valid viewpoints. If you forget, not even one page ago I literally said almost exactly the same thing you said in your second paragraph, minus the part about the ICs.

On another note I disagree that the ICs would be the only thing to come back, because without the 3DS version it would have freed up a lot of resources which would likely have been put into characters/stages. But I digress.
Different development teams. It wouldn't have freed up any characters by that point. At most, I could see the clones being a little less cloney.

Again, blaming the 3DS for the clones is not a vaild point. it doesn't make sense in any way. Also, I don't blame Frostwraith here. He's learned extensively about designing games, and it's extremely difficult. People are moaning over and over again while refusing to understand that time constraints are a severely big problem, and ignoring that is ridiculous.

Either way, a lot of the earlier complaints from the other guy is rather illogical. It's to the point of denial. :facepalm: Yes, it's time constraints. And yes, there's unique development teams. They can't make two versions like that without them. Otherwise, they'd take far longer. The games are huge after all.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Can we just lock this thread, if you can't learn, you might as well stop the dead horse here.
I do agree that we are kinda beating a dead horse here and all. And one of the mods seem to be tired of trying to explain things too.....

Guess it's understandable, clones are kinda a touchy subject after all.

If you guys feel this thread is going nowhere and it's just beating a dead horse beyond death, then let me know I guess....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I do agree that we are kinda beating a dead horse here and all. And one of the mods seem to be tired of trying to explain things too.....

Guess it's understandable, clones are kinda a touchy subject after all.

If you guys feel this thread is going nowhere and it's just beating a dead horse beyond death, then let me know I guess....
Lock it with fire.

It's been explained multiple times and excuses are being made now. In addition, the denial is getting so strong to the point of being crazy. It's just getting worse and worse. :/

I'd say when somebody scapegoated the 3DS version, it went too far. There's no logic behind that. It even ceased being by the clones by that point. Possibly now just complaining about any cut/guy who didn't make it in. There's nowhere to go from here.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lock it with fire.

It's been explained multiple times and excuses are being made now. In addition, the denial is getting so strong to the point of being crazy. It's just getting worse and worse. :/

I'd say when somebody scapegoated the 3DS version, it went too far. There's no logic behind that. It even ceased being by the clones by that point. Possibly now just complaining about any cut/guy who didn't make it in. There's nowhere to go from here.
Alrighty then, guess I'll lock this thread too then.

I do agree that some people are just making up excuses now to the point some are using even this as an excuse to treat the 3DS version as a scapegoat again, which is a pretty tired and done debate in of itself.

Frostwraith and a number of other people explained everything perfectly well to the point there isn't really much else to add. If there is no understanding from even them, then I don't know it any more.

Guess I'll lock the thread, please do not make another one.

*thread locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom