• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says: There might be new news soon!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
First off, I have to give the credit to Devastlian for finding this site so I could translate what they had written.

I'm sure everyone remembers what Kojima said at the Snake vs Zombie event. But not alot of people know that Sakurai also made an appearance there too. And apparently, there was something he said during the event that went untranslated, a quote from the site posted at the bottom. Here is the translation of the first sentence of third paragraph down (the only important part):

Mr. Sakurai said "[You] have waited quite a long time until now... I guess I should finally release some information soon"

But given the way he said it in Japanese, he doesn't say he WILL, he says he SHOULD. So this could mean the silence will be over soon, but that really depends on if Sakurai feels like it.

Source: http://www.nintendo-inside.jp/news/205/20509.html

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
At least he realizes he's kept us in the dark way too long. That's good enough for me, really, that he's at the very least acknowledging it. We'll probably be seeing any new info at E3. It's too close to E3 right now for any new information to just be spontaneously leaked before then. He needs to plan it just right if he's going to show us something.

nuro

Smash Lord
We wouldn't be anything without our Japanese reading friend would we? :)

I wonder what Sakurai will have in store for us. Who knows maybe he is saying this because the game really is almost complete. Maybe the game is coming to a finishing point and Sakurai realizes it is time to start giving out the news to us. Of course, this doesn't mean the game will be in U.S shelves anytime soon. The game isn't Gold in Japan yet so we can't expect it to come here too fast. I wonder what this means though.

Sakurai did mention that he was going to start listing the new characters before the game will be released. If he plans to show us a new character weekly, like he did before, then we should see an update soon. Since the roster will at least be 35+ characters we should see the site updated very soon especially if its planned to come out in Q4 of 2007. Hopefully we wont have to wait till E3 for any news.

Does this mean Sakurai and Kojima were playing right before Snake vs. Zombie?

I

i8waffles612

OMG this is great news. Hopefully he gives us new information on characters, stages, and release date!!

I say soon as if in.... this month? maybe?? i hope lol. ummm yea just excited and just gotta wait until the news comes out!

EDIT: whats Snake vs Zombie??? I know about the Sakurai vs Kojima match....

Nakoruru78

Smash Rookie
OMG this is great news. Hopefully he gives us new information on characters, stages, and release date!!

I say soon as if in.... this month? maybe?? i hope lol. ummm yea just excited and just gotta wait until the news comes out!

EDIT: whats Snake vs Zombie??? I know about the Sakurai vs Kojima match....
Snake vs Zombie was an event in Japan that had Japanese developers come together. So I've heard.

I

i8waffles612

more news (mayb) finally :)
Come on! you can thrust Sakurai - Hes the one who hasnt been telling us any news for the past 5 months!

If that doesnt sound like a trustworthy man than I dont know what does!!

I

i8waffles612

Lol :laugh: . We are keep posting on the same 2 threads lol!!!

Maybe he will tell us new stage information, online info, or 1P mode info?

Blazer

Smash Ace
I want new characters personally. I'm tired of talking about possibilities I want to know who's in and who's not.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I hope they show some more hidden charas, we already practically know people like DK and Yoshi are in. I want to see some hidden people.

But I'll be glad for any news. Even stages, 1-P or just some more gameplay videos.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
The anniversary of the unveiling of Super Smash Bros. Brawl is coming up in a mere 4 days (May 10), so I believe that would be a good day to keep your eye open for new information with respect to the game.

At any rate, while I am indeed happy about the prospect of the release of ANYTHING new regarding SSBB, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one...

icymatt

Smash Lord
Awww, that's good to hear. I was expecting some new info soon to give us something before E3, and this makes it sound all the more likely.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know from whom we'll first hear the release date? Will it be from Sakurai, E3, Nintendo Power or some other source?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, CloroxBleach, those electronic translators don't really work too well which is why I asked SamuraiPanda to look at it.

Maybe CoroCoro really was hinting at SSBB news. :/

It's hard to tell where we'll here the release date from. E3 and Nintendo Power are good sources for release dates as is the official Nintendo website and their press releases. But, we could very well get it from the Smash Dojo if Mr. Sakurai wishes to reveal it himself.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I think we've waited long enough...I hope he will share something NEW, so Brawl won't be Melee with new characters and an online mode.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify: we have news that basically says "We should have news soon!"

You're kidding, right? XD

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
There might be news soon? This game is so badly anticipated we start a thread about every little promising juicy tidbit. I admit though, each update gets me excited. Good to hear that something may be coming soon!

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Sakuiri really loves to tease us.

"News soon" - how soon? Next week? Next month? E3?

E3 isn't exactly soon if he's thinking about that...

:'(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Does anyone know from whom we'll first hear the release date? Will it be from Sakurai, E3, Nintendo Power or some other source?
With the exception of CoroCoro, I can garuntee it won't be in a magazine.

SamuraiPanda, was this in the same Zombie Vs Snake thing that whatizname said he played brawl, or is this a new one?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
With the exception of CoroCoro, I can garuntee it won't be in a magazine.

SamuraiPanda, was this in the same Zombie Vs Snake thing that whatizname said he played brawl, or is this a new one?
Yeah, this was the very same one. Kojima and Sakurai were on stage together when Kojima talked about Brawl. But since the source everyone used was a podcast in English that revolves around Kojima, nobody knew about this quote by Sakurai because they didn't mention it in the podcast.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
This gotta be the best news in months! ;)

...And it's about us getting news.. That's kinda sad.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly certain its going to be at E3. There are really no events coming up before it that I can think of and there will be quite a bit of press coverage and it is probably the best place anyways as thats also where consumer attention is focused mostly.

Top Bottom