• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai favors Diddy?

The Director

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or is Diddy usually evading powerful attacks and doing a lot of *** kicking? Through all the Dojo pictures, Diddy seems to be favored by Sakurai.

He just so happens to find one of the best items in the game...

And then does some *** kicking with it.

He evades God Tier's Meta Knight's FS:

Then gets to slap his *** in Meta Knight's face.

He gets that super heavy thing...

And then voila! Happiness!

...and not 4 days later, he becomes the first character to successfully fight back at an AT!!

...okay, so maybe he isn't favored by Sakurai...after all, he does get tossed around, too.

...and he gets locked out. :ohwell:

gamer8

Smash Lord
A lot of people would think that he would "favor" the characters that he made like kirby meta knight and king dedede. But diddy owns, so there's a possibility that he favors him.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Diddy FTW

Diddy is made of a delicious flavor of win, it is only natural that Sakurai favors him. Just look at the evidence...

* He's a monkey (a cool one)
* He sports an exclusive NINTENDO hat that none of the other brawlers have as such an advertisment.
* You probably don't have the awesome hat, nor do I...
* He has two stars on his nipples
* He has three additional stars on him
* This equals 5 stars. 5/5 stars. That means Diddy is awesome and wins in all contests.
* His arsenal includes two peanut-spitting pistols, a jetpack, and bananas that differ from the banana item (right? lolol)
* Supply and demand; Diddy shoots peanuts that can heal him and his foes.
* He has a sick tail. He should use the tail as a sword or tether recovery. How ****ing sick would that be?
* He seems to be the fastest faller in Brawl so far (based on E4All)
* Based on screenshots, he can breakdance

More later maybe. Either way, Diddy is awesome, of course Sakurai would favor him :)

The Director

Smash Lord
* He's a monkey (a cool one)
* He sports an exclusive NINTENDO hat that none of the other brawlers have as such an advertisment.
* You probably don't have the awesome hat, nor do I...
* He has two stars on his nipples
* He has three additional stars on him
* This equals 5 stars. 5/5 stars. That means Diddy is awesome and wins in all contests.
* His arsenal includes two peanut-spitting pistols, a jetpack, and bananas that differ from the banana item (right? lolol)
* Supply and demand; Diddy shoots peanuts that can heal him and his foes.
* He has a sick tail. He should use the tail as a sword or tether recovery. How ****ing sick would that be?
* He seems to be the fastest faller in Brawl so far (based on E4All)
* Based on screenshots, he can breakdance
*stadium sized massive resounding audience applause*

Here, here sir! All very good points, but you forgot the most important one:

Diddy is made of pwn.

O Rly?

Smash Cadet
Now that you mention it, yea, he does seem to get favored.

It's like anti-Dedede, who gets pummelled in almost every picture he's in not involving something directly related to him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sakurai better favor Diddy. Olimar too. They will be my mains. :cool:

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I was just complaining about this in the back room. I'd like to see some more screens of Red but all we get is Diddy.

Diddy,Diddy,Diddy what about Jan, er Red?

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I bet he just fits the screenshots very well due to his facial expressions. But to me, Diddy is probably going to be an ignored character, just like Mr. Game&Watch.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I bet he just fits the screenshots very well due to his facial expressions. But to me, Diddy is probably going to be an ignored character, just like Mr. Game&Watch.
Ignored? I doubt it. Diddy is awesome, and many people just want to play him (like me) because of DKC and DK64. Not to mention he's a combo-machine.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Defiantly the facial expressions. Updates like Bonsly and Super Spicy Curry would've been dull as all hell if we didn't have wacky monkey animations to go along with it.

Probably also the same reason why we're seeing Wario get pushed around a lot; his hit animation looks hilarious, especially the one for the Andross AT.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Defiantly the facial expressions. Updates like Bonsly and Super Spicy Curry would've been dull as all hell if we didn't have wacky monkey animations to go along with it.

Probably also the same reason why we're seeing Wario get pushed around a lot; his hit animation looks hilarious, especially the one for the Andross AT.
Yeah, hes just choosing the character that works the best in all those shots.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Haha, comparing Diddy to G&W.

Diddy should have been in melee. Now he makes his debut as the quick and agile combo maker.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Diddy is the coolest Sakuri probably favors him because rareware made teh kongs what they are today noob owners.
I had you up until noob owners.
Whaaaaa?
Oh, you mean like, Diddy pwns noobs.
Then yes.

Rareware, why did you go to Microsoft...
WHY!?

But really though, Diddy should be favoured by Sakurai.
Yet IMO he is most likely to favour Kirby, his creation, it's weird.

Top Bottom