• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai explains why SSB4 Wii U/3DS is not simultaneous release.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I know for me as long as I get my 3ds version Oct. 3rd I can wait as long as I have to for the Wii U version.

R0Y

Smash Master
Definitely. Currently it looks like the 3DS has much more content and the Wii U version only has HD graphics plus better stages in its favour. Oh and a bigger screen plus the pro controller.
Keep dreaming. More music, probably more stages, and exclusive modes.

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Key word. CURRENTLY.

But I don't want a delay, I already know this game is going to be a lot better than brawl which is very good. Just release patches, I've been waiting too long for this **** to get delayed now :c

R0Y

Smash Master
Key word. CURRENTLY.

But I don't want a delay, I already know this game is going to be a lot better than brawl which is very good. Just release patches, I've been waiting too long for this **** to get delayed now :c
Yeah, if it's not new content responsible for the delay, I'm more than content with patches. More content is great, but I don't mind Day 1 patches in particular at all.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Yeah, if it's not new content responsible for the delay, I'm more than content with patches. More content is great, but I don't mind Day 1 patches in particular at all.
Exactly, if Smash Wii U doesn't come out in 2014, my hype will be killed a lot

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Although the 3DS currently has more stuff, I am sure that once they release the 3DS version they will hype the Wii U version a LOT more. More stuff announced :)

I really want to get the Wii U version so hope that it gets much more exclusive modes. Like the Smash Run and other minigames.

Most of the screenshot reveals are of the Wii U version though :)

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
Yeah I want to play already i hope they release it this year.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
He's lying. The real reason is money, nobody would buy the 3DS copy if the Wii U one was out. Well maybe like 10 people would.

Otherwise, why not debugg the Wii u version first?

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I hope the Wii U version will be greater in content.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
He's lying. The real reason is money, nobody would buy the 3DS copy if the Wii U one was out. Well maybe like 10 people would.

Otherwise, why not debugg the Wii u version first?
Because the 3DS Version was in development first?
Heck, Smash 4 was planned to be 3DS Exclusive.
Plus with it's less complicated Graphics, and stuff, it's easier to make the game in less time, then go full steam ahead with the Wii U version.
Plus, Sakurai isn't a "Give me money" type of person. He plans this stuff out.
He is (LITERALLY) working his arm off to make these great games for us.
Remember when Melee was going to be the last game of the series?

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master

Plus with it's less complicated Graphics, and stuff, it's easier to make the game in less time, then go full steam ahead with the Wii U version.

We don't know if it actually started development first.

No, not true at all. It was announced for Wii U and 3DS at the same E3 2011 where the Wii U was announced.

Also, I think Sakurai has a bizarre idea that he has special residual rights or something that prevents Nintendo from making a Smash game without him, lol. No way they would stop if he retired, but I hope he doesn't for as long as possible anyway.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I agree Sakurai is going above and beyond, but lets be real he has no choice which game is released first. Deadlines are decided by Nintendo's highest management, and Sakurai has to do his best to meet it. Someone in a suit decided the 3DS one should come out first, and they did it knowing full well it would maximize profits more than than having a Wii U one first.

Top Bottom