• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sage's mini DjC'ing guide/ discussion thread

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
COUNTERPOINT!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!

Yah you can. I've heard rock pieces on the piano, and I've played a few myself. Well you can't play heavy metal, but can a guitar player play the melody AND the base or two chords at the same time? Besides guitar is like the easiest instrument to learn. And you can't have pretty women dance on top of guitar, but you can with a piano!

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Playing drums well is like playing Fox, fast hands and multi tasking like crazy. Playing piano is like a Marth, semi-fast hands and spacing, guitar is like Peach. Just do the same thing over and over and it'll still work.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Chords are too confusing. I like drums better and I try to play the piano but I just just fail horribly adn then all the Koreans here get on the piano and make me look bad.

Angel_Tk

Smash Rookie
I use Y+Y+Z because i can use the another finger to press" z"... and use the stick.. to select what you want to do---. Bair ,Fair,Dair or Nair... i think is useful.. I do it--- ..xD

Masky

Smash Master
To do a normal DjC I do Y+Y+A probably like most people, but when I want to do a retreating fair or a series of them I put my right index finger on the X button and right thumb on the C-stick, and use the left hand to L-cancel and retreat horizontally. It requires shifting your hand over but it makes it easier IMO... Am I the only one?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Do you have enough time to shift your right hand back? If yes, it's a pretty good idea.

Also, we need more Ness avatars. They get confusing.

Masky

Smash Master
Do you have enough time to shift your right hand back? If yes, it's a pretty good idea.
Yes, I've been doing it this way for a long time now and there's generally enough time, but then again I don't play at the same pace as Simna or other Ness pros so I can't say how much of a delay it would be at that level ):

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I use different DJC methods at different times.

Y->Up->A= My usual method of DJC

X->Y->A - DJCing a Nair. It's the only way I can get a DJC Nair with forward momentum. This is how I DJC with Yoshi so it carried over.

Y -> Up -> Cstick= Retreating a Bair or Fair

Levitas

the moon
lol, whenever I try yoshi, peach, or mewtwo, I accidentally DJC to the ground instead of doing aerials. And that happens when I double-tap x without fastfalling.

And then one day, it started happening to my Ness. From there, I actually had to slow the DJC down to make the attacks relevant.

good times.

Top Bottom