• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sage's mini DjC'ing guide/ discussion thread

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yes DjC is magic.

*clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink**clink*

Just to make it clear this is not about actual tactics with DjC. This is more about the buttons you actually press to DjC. Leave your comments about a certain button combination and I'll update them into the first post.

X+X+A:

x is at the same vertical level as a. I also play saxophone, and there are several keys that allow you to "roll" a finger from one key to another. As this is the case, all I have to do is roll my thumb from x to a after double tapping x, which means that I'm not actually changing the position nor the location of my thumb. This gives xxa approximately the same degree of control as yya.

Also, if you double-tap any one button for a DJC, this means that you can directly manipulate the timing of it much easier than if you roll fingers for the double jump, then use another button to attack. Simplicity in controls usually means better control.~jmansmash

Y+Y+A:

something to consider

Button Height from tallest to shortest:
Y
X-A(X is taller slightly for the most part, but at its tallest point A is the same height)
B

I use YYA fo djc. I can have the tip of my thumb on Y and because of Y's height i can rest my thumb on it and it will still be above the A button. The part of my thumb just below the tip rests over the A button. This setup gives me the easy option of hitting Y alone or Y&A simultayzondayneously. I can also hit A alone this way, but I often find myself moving my thumb down if I'm not planning to jump...which is quite easy as the distance between the tip of my thumb and the part just under it is only about a centimeter of distance. ~simna

Y+X+A:

I honestly have no idea why anybody would choose this over X+Y+A. It's so awkward. ~thesage

X+Y+A:

It's a little hard to pick up, but the rewards are worth it. It allows you to keep your momentum and your areals come out pretty fast too. <3 <3 <3 ~thesage

X + X + Z:

Y + Y + Z:

Y + X + Z:

Can anybody actually do this? ~thesage

Up on Control Stick + Y + A:

Up on Control Stick + X + A:

Up on Control Stick + Y + Z:

I used to do this, but then I realized that it ruins my controller and my index finger hurts after pressing the Z button so much. It's easy to pick up, but it's hard to do fast djc areals except for djc uairs. I don't recommend it. ~thesage

Up on Control Stick + X + Z:

X + X + C-stick:

Kiiiinda useful, as it allows you to do bairs while moving forward a slight bit. But, if you're not facing right, it's hard to do anything but fair or..due to the angle, dairs accidentally.~Ademisk

Y + Y + C-stick:

Same as X+X except the angle to the C-stick is really wierd, maybe you could hit it with the bottom of your thumb? It'd take getting used to, but potentially useful. ~Ademisk

X + Y + C-stick:

Unless you plan on attacking to your left ALL the time, don't bother, you're more likely to roll over the A button than to actually hit the C-stick with this pattern. ~Ademisk

Y + X + C-stick:

....No. ~Ademisk

NEVAAAR!!!!1!!!!!! ~thesage

X + Up + C-stick:

Okay, this is some cool stuff right here. With good timing you can do crazy fast DjCs with out your attack randomly turning into a uair or nair. ~Ademisk

Y + Up + C-stick:

I don't like the angle of Y and the C-stick. Deal with it. B and A are just..in the way.
~Ademisk

Lol, that's a lot of different ways.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I use X-up control stick-A for my uairs. But wow, I never knew there were so many ways that are completely pointless to do a DJC.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
something to consider

Button Height from tallest to shortest:
Y
X-A(X is taller slightly for the most part, but at its tallest point A is the same height)
B

I use YYA fo djc. I can have the tip of my thumb on Y and because of Y's height i can rest my thumb on it and it will still be above the A button. The part of my thumb just below the tip rests over the A button. This setup gives me the easy option of hitting Y alone or Y&A simultayzondayneously. I can also hit A alone this way, but I often find myself moving my thumb down if I'm not planning to jump...which is quite easy as the distance between the tip of my thumb and the part just under it is only about a centimeter of distance

Levitas

the moon
I use x-x-a. Like simna said, x is at the same vertical level as a. I also play saxophone, and there are several keys that allow you to "roll" a finger from one key to another. As this is the case, all I have to do is roll my thumb from x to a after double tapping x, which means that I'm not actually changing the position nor the location of my thumb. This gives xxa approximately the same degree of control as yya.

Also, if you double-tap any one button for a DJC, this means that you can directly manipulate the timing of it much easier than if you roll fingers for the double jump, then use another button to attack. Simplicity in controls usually means better control.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Sage, why have you ommited the c-stick in your DjC list? You monster!
I know, cuz that's obviously a viable choice... >.<

Seriously, you're slow in the mind if you use c-stick to djc, I don't even care if you actually DO do that, you're still slow.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
No, it's just that anybody who uses it should have Ness deleted from their game and all the c-sticks in their house confiscated. Besides, who actually uses it (besides generic noob #57)?

Simna if you say yes i kils mahshulf.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
It's the most useful method when using the Control stick as your second jump. You yourself said it's hard to do any fast DjCs except uair, WELL GUESS WHAT FIXES THAT!?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The control stick + x/y + z actually has a really small learning curve (for me at least). I just heard people complain about it. It's still easier for me to do rather than XYA, but my fingers (and my controllers) couldn't take anymore. Anything using the control stick makes it easier to do uairs with cuz it requires on less button input to put in.

Besides who djc's anything else besides uairs? DjC'd bair is quite possibly the worst move in the game. I mean it has noooooo KOOOOOOO power, and sooo much lag (it has really good range though).

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Nice tradeoff. I'll take it.

X + X + C-stick: Kiiiinda useful, as it allows you to do bairs while moving forward a slight bit. But, if you're not facing right, it's hard to do anything but fair or..due to the angle, dairs accidentally.

Y + Y + C-stick: Same as X+X except the angle to the C-stick is really wierd, maybe you could hit it with the bottom of your thumb? It'd take getting used to, but potentially useful.

X + Y + C-stick: Unless you plan on attacking to your left ALL the time, don't bother, you're more likely to roll over the A button than to actually hit the C-stick with this pattern.

Y + X + C-stick: ....No.

X + Up + C-stick: Okay, this is some cool stuff right here. With good timing you can do crazy fast DjCs with out your attack randomly turning into a uair or nair.

Y + Up + C-stick: I don't like the angle of Y and the C-stick. Deal with it. B and A are just..in the way.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wait, Ademisk, do you actually use the c-stick for djc? lolz.

Thanx for your contribution.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Then why would you want to post so much about it. lolz. Like I think one person in Idaho uses it and that's it. And he sucks so it doesn't even matter.

Y + X + Z:

Can anybody actually do this? ~thesage.
Somebody answer the question.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
*cough* OCD *cough*

I was really suprised that hardly anybody uses XYA. I don't really have a problem controlling the height of my djc or anything. You just wait a little before you roll your thumb...

I am trying to learn how to do xxa (and waveshine) however.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Megaman X >>>> than any other megaman game. Expecially the last 50 the came out with.

Lol i really should get aim to stop spamming so much. Nobody is on yahoo. Like half of the posts are me and Ademisk.

Why don't we try a voting system for more popular ways to djc?

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
sometimes when i need to DI backwards i use the c-stick for a fair or something.

But sometimes i don' t even use it.

I'm telling you guys, just stick to xxa or yya. AND PRACTICE!! It gives you the most 'sense' of control.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I have pretty good control with XYA too... Honestly it's up for the person to decide...

I'm just going to say this now the most popular will be XXA YYA and XYA.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
X+X+A:

x is at the same vertical level as a. I also play saxophone, and there are several keys that allow you to "roll" a finger from one key to another. As this is the case, all I have to do is roll my thumb from x to a after double tapping x, which means that I'm not actually changing the position nor the location of my thumb. This gives xxa approximately the same degree of control as yya.
what saxophone uses the right thumb to hit keys

unless you're just making an analogy in which case it's not a great analogy because all the right thumb is good for when playing saxophone is to hold the instrument in place

i actually think this analogy is better for YYA because you roll the tip of your left thumb to hit the register key

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
That's what the guy posted it said. I don't use xxa, so I have no comments about this.

DD151

Smash Journeyman
oh oops i thought you said it because you didn't cite anyone for that quote

Levitas

the moon
lol, he cited me. And no, the sax doesn't ever really roll the thumb (although you are supposed to roll your left thumb for the register). Instead, on sax, you roll either pinky finger. And if you can roll pinkies with a reasonable amount of pressure, you should have no problems exerting negligable pressure on a button roll after double tapping the first button wih your thumbs.

It's analogous, and the motion is similar enough to be noteworthy. Now if you played bassoon, and it's nine keys for the thumb (albiet the left one), then we could talk some serious rolling, haha.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Lol I play percussion. You don't use your fingers at all. But I do like to twirl around my drum sticks so I have some kind of control. I use the control stick if I'm doing an uair, C-stick for dair and A for everything else unless I'm doing retreatinf fairs or bairs then its C-stick.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Pshaw....

Piano = leet >>>> Saxophone = nub cake

Piano four stocks saxophone all the time.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Guitar is like the overused ***** that Sheik is. That is all. Piano = Fox cuz it's crazy technical.

BTW, those stars mean ho, not female dog (ala B*tch).

Top Bottom