• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Safara Donates To Negros Tyrant JoeST, FOW, Z ,K9, Kira, Silly Kyle $150 To Pot

k9.

Smash Ace
We are doing the crew battle on firday, We are also only doing 2 matches in pools to save time.

We will have more than enough time.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I know we're trying to implement time-saving strategies like only playing 2 games in a set in Pools, but even that may not be enough.
the biggest thing that can save the most time is having a TO with a firm ****in hand to make sure matches are being played.

setups too. But an assertive TO is something we've actually been missing

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
And on that note, please don't play friendlies/do money matches while a tournament is in full swing. Perhaps we could dedicate a TV to friendlies, but ultimately if there's a TV that's being used for a tournament, leave it alone unless you're gonna play a match on it.

And Robert, that would be awesome if you could do that! <3

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
North east scottsdale, practically fountain hills.

Don't really brawl much, though, melee/ P:M. Only brawl in doubles with a friend when they need me.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Nah it's cool, I play both. But I was hoping you were near me in Scottsdale. Not even close though haha.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I don't think SATs are even required. Just useful if you score really well

not saying you should skip them for video games, but just a thought

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
i wish i could but im being forced to take the SAT its gona be so boring and im forced to study for that freakin gay test :(

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
yeah it is required for college i want to put off the SAT but parents r parents..........

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
SAT or ACT is required for college.
That is incorrect. Admission requirements are different for every college, and it just depends where you are planning to go. Although the majority of universities require certain SAT/ACT scores to be met, most community colleges, for example, don't care whether or not you took these exams. I am studying at Mesa Community College. I took neither the SAT nor the ACT.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I would be up for random character doubles.. but idk if anyone would enter that. :I If you think there won't be enough time then I will donate the prizes to regular doubles and singles. I have no problem with that.

Also I MIGHT only be able to bring $100 to the tournament for the pot. I forgot it takes 3-4 days for money to transfer into my bank account... and I am doing it today. =.= So it could be until Monday. I will still pay out to the winners though for $150 I promise (Either through paypal or money order or something).

EDIT: I might be able to bring 2 tv's and 1 wii if that will help out. We will def. need a lot more tv's than at the last tournament.

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
I would be up for random character doubles.. but idk if anyone would enter that. :I If you think there won't be enough time then I will donate the prizes to regular doubles and singles. I have no problem with that.

Also I MIGHT only be able to bring $100 to the tournament for the pot. I forgot it takes 3-4 days for money to transfer into my bank account... and I am doing it today. =.= So it could be until Monday. I will still pay out to the winners though for $150 I promise (Either through paypal or money order or something).

EDIT: I might be able to bring 2 tv's and 1 wii if that will help out. We will def. need a lot more tv's than at the last tournament.
random doubles seems like a fun idea which we should do just for the hell of it :coolmonke

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
But its low tiers :p are there any low tier characters that are good in doubles? Lucas isnt that great unless he has someone to heal him Thats about it

:phone:
I don't think you understand. Bowser is bad in doubles. VERY bad. Probably worse than Ice Climbers to be honest (although I don't believe they're as bad in doubles as people think, I just think they have to be played differently)

He's just a big character and relies on easily intercepted moves to do work (Grab releases, and Side-B come to mind.) Even when his partner is good and keeps him isolated so he can pull off that stuff he's a fat character working with a very small amount of space due to 4 characters taking up a stage. And his ******** weight factor is nullified due to the fact that he takes basically twice as many hits because he's so fat and there's also 2 opponents. 2v1 situations with Bowser are basically even more impossible because he relies on things like those stated grab releases to be a threat and you can only grab 1 character at a time and doing side-B just makes you a huge predictable target waiting to get ****ed up on your way down. He's just bad in doubles, it has nothing to do with tiers.

Not saying it's impossible to do work with Bowser in dubs but I'm not good enough to be that guy.

k9.

Smash Ace
Hey For everyone Traveling here tomorrow or sat. I am going to need you to bring something to sleep in like a blanket or two.

Also I'm going to ask if every carpool from Oos please bring one set up Tv, wii and brawl.

My Address is 6923 S 50th Dr. Laveen AZ. 51st Ave and Baseline.

This is for people coming over to play tomorrow and people who are housing with us.

Az i want to thank you for co-op with us to make this a great looking turn out. In terms of making the price for singles $10.

Also Saffy thank you so much, you donating gave us the chance to play some of the best players on the West Coast at home THANK YOU!

Lets go AZ only two days!!!!!!! GET HYPE!!!!!!

These are the people coming for sure. Really stacked.

1.Tryant :metaknight: #1, Socal
2.JoeST :diddy: #10, New England
3.Z :pikachu2: #3, Vegas
4.K9 :falco: #3, AZ
5.KiraFlax :pit::rob: #2, AZ
6.GV7 :rob::lucas: #8, AZ
7.RaveRemix :toonlink: :sheik:
8.Silly Kyle :peach:#4, AZ
9.BF :ness2::snake:
10.Smiley :gw::peach:
11.Saffy :metaknight:
12.Yoshiken :yoshi2::popo:
13.Derp :olimar:
14.Stevo :mario2::dk2: #5, AZ
15.Maize :rob::metaknight:
16.Aaven :marth::ike:
17.Lance :snake:
18.TommyDerMiester :snake::popo: #10, AZ
19.VatoBreak :metaknight:
20.DarkShifter :metaknight: #7, AZ
21.Herro :lucario:
22.FOW :ness2::metaknight: #1, Vegas
23.Nexus :toonlink::rob::falco: Best on the West Coast
24.Mikey :zerosuitsamus:
25.RichBrown:olimar: #3, Socal
26.Zynetic :marth:
27.Stuff :jigglypuff::lucas:
28.Lycan :wolf::metaknight: #4, Vegas
29.Jebus :diddy:
30.Mr.B :snake:
31.Wafty :wario:
32.Truth :pikachu2:
33.Jose :metaknight:
34.Hino :falco: #5, Vegas
35.SK92 :falco::metaknight: #2, Vegas
36.BlackRose :falco:
37.Ominous :gw:
38.Prevv :pikachu2::pit:
39.Zane :marth:
40.Atomic :snake::olimar:
41.FuriousDuffman :gw:
42.Error
43.ArturitoBurrito :ike:
44.Tetsuya
45.Neocell
46.Sadpanda :diddy:

Saffy

Smash Ace
Will there be amateur brackets still or no? I think if we do that, there def. will not be time for a side event.

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
Also we have 3 more people you missed
chris bell not sure of his tag?
mike tag: mikee
trevor tag: relic
make sure to add them in.

sadpanda811

Smash Cadet
hey i might be late my sister is kinda being *****y and she says she has plans and we share a car so right now looks like i will make it for singles hopefully if not im gonna kill her:grrr:. i wish she wouldnt freakin make plans when i tell her 2 weeks in advance i have a tourney and she makes plans :grrr:

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I just came home from a smashfest at bf's house. Played joest and he completely ***** all of us. And he was sandbagging too.....

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I play PT now mother ****er :cool:
I'm picking PT up too, but I'm terrible with Ivy...I'm just used to going off edge because I use G&W, and I end up getting gimped somehow everytime I try going off stage...But I'll get used to it and stay onstage, or get use to that ledge stuff Ivy can do.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I'm picking PT up too, but I'm terrible with Ivy...I'm just used to going off edge because I use G&W, and I end up getting gimped somehow everytime I try going off stage...But I'll get used to it and stay onstage, or get use to that ledge stuff Ivy can do.
You aren't bad with Ivy, Ivy is bad with you.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Updated pictures of ALL the prizes I am bringing tomorrow.

New things to boot in case you miss them:
Lucky Star Street Fighter Nendoroid Petit Figure Set
Nanoha Final Scene Nendoroid Petit Figure Set
Pokemon Diamond DS (Sealed)

In Pic #3:
Hoppip
Ledyba
Axew
Larger Chikorita
Rayquaza

Pic #4:
Zorua
Jirachi
Charmander
Cyndaquil
Cleffa
Bellossom
Darkrai
Dialga (It's so adorable <3)

EDIT: Nvm I sold the 3ds I believe.

Also selling a bunch of games:
Melee, Tales of Symphonia (GC), Muramasa, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Paper Mario are sold.
I'm selling these for REALLY cheap so yeah good deal.

I will sell them all together for VERY cheap. I have no set price, so up for offers.

Top Bottom