• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sadness T_T

Jumin

Smash Rookie
i love smash and a kirby player, and i know that he's top tier usually competing for the number 1 spot with pikachu..

well i got a sad story !!

last year was my second year in college and i was living with 6 other buddies off campus.
one of them happened to have an N64 and Super Smash!!! i was so happy...
I was also the best in the house (though it's relative since i'm terrible with every single other character)

I guess i'm stuck in a rut or i'm just really rusty now, but this year i decided to live with another friend and with no smash all summer long and no smash in my current house, my skills have deteriorated

but that's not the sad part...

the other day i went and visited my old housemates and they freakn destroyed me with every character. it was ridiculous. i was missing all my spikes and edge guards and i always had the least amount of KOs... my old housemates said i used to be their idol, but i guess the student has surpassed the teacher (and i wasn't even that good... after reading some other threads on the board, I realized that in my prime i was beginning to reach level 4 :p)

well i love kirby and wish i had an N64 and super smash to practice on.. I've also watched the few videos that Isai has of him playing kirby and i've been trying to replicate his moves but my timing is all off:urg:

my main thing i've got to work on his to dodge their throws... and their uairs.. jesus christ it's annoying.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
the other day i went and visited my old housemates and they freakn destroyed me with every character. it was ridiculous. i was missing all my spikes and edge guards and i always had the least amount of KOs... my old housemates said i used to be their idol, but i guess the student has surpassed the teacher (and i wasn't even that good... after reading some other threads on the board, I realized that in my prime i was beginning to reach level 4 :p)
This is why you don't use kirby. You get used to how broken and cheep he is you don't want to leave him. Later on your friends get better with there character and they **** you. I really recommend switching.

Jumin

Smash Rookie
but i love kirby...
i've started to pick up pikachu, but lack of practice leaves my pikachu to really suck.... love his fair and bair though

Thino

Smash Master
u should just play ur friends more often , watch some more videos , seriously who didnt go thru the "kirby level" before being good?

Jumin

Smash Rookie
actually... my housemates never played played kirby as their main... haha one is pika and is also comboing with ness and the other is falcon player

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
actually... my housemates never played played kirby as their main... haha one is pika and is also comboing with ness and the other is falcon player
Broken characters ftw? jk, Kirby is, a cheap character, but can be abused easily :p I dont know why but kirby players dont annoy me >_> Probably because fox kills kirby at really early %'s just get project64k and get a SSB ROM and get an adapter for your N64 controller and your all set to play online, o yea and make sure to get peer2peer, it really reduces input delay which helps console players alot when playing online.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Man you dont need to swich chars, these folks are just **** talking kirby because kirbys give them a hard time, my friend Dedrick would own them with his kirby so ya, anyways my advice would be to get Project64K go online and play lots of people, also go in the training mode and practice combos on all the other different chars. If you happen to find yourself using Kriby's Fsmash alot, STOP or you wont get better.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
get vids. and then post them. and ppl on the board will guide you step by step until you own them.

or get an emulator.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with everyone else here. Get the emulator + ROM, buy an N64 controller adapter, play people online a lot and you'll be kicking *** in no time. :)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think we've all established that you need to play online to get better in a drastic way..unless you want to go on tour and play people all across the world :)

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
Are you playing free for all? Whoever wins in ffa isn't based on skill, so don't feel sad there. Also they're probably only better than you because you're out of shape (meaning get back into it). if you are in shape now then just practice to be better than them. Do you already do advanced techniques? If you don't then practice those as well.

Jumin

Smash Rookie
i never heard of z-canceling till i found these forums.. haha
but my timing is still off for it. is it the same timing as z-teching?
the only tilt i use is up tilt. side tilt and down tilt i never do unless on accident.
i think im decent with DI though.
i guess i just gotta practice practice practice! ... on my non existent n64 =P

greenblob

Smash Lord
Wait... you're already good at DI?

Anyway, after you managed to set up Kaillera, you should go straight to practicing combos.

l0telephone0l

Smash Cadet
Kirby's dtilt is really great as an edgeguard against people who don't know how to DI into the ledge.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Rock is too slow and sends the opponent up. Dtilt, if you tipper it, semi-spikes.
once you know the maximum amout of time your a foes char can stay airborn rock is waaaaay better then Dtlit, Dtilt is more about luck then timing becuase its so akward but rock, rocks fall....fast taking out anything in its path:ohwell:

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, Down B is quite possibly the worst move to edgeguard with. Dtilt is MUCH easier to time, with rock you have to make sure you don't miss, or you can get punsihed hard after a ledgehopped attack.

If Dtilt fails, you can just shield.

Anyway, if Dtilt is too hard to time, I suggest just using Dsmash, even though it can be DI'd into the edge.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Edittted

yes if you miss its terribul, but thats like saying never use falcon punch ever its slow..duh much :p

For Edgeguarding mario, luigi, and DK i think rock works quite well

greenblob

Smash Lord
Down B works only if the recovery is predictable. By predictable, I mean, brain-dead, always the same, will practically run into your attack predictable. And that was an understatement.

Falcon Punch edgeguard sucks too. Falcon Punch=situational combo finisher.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
yes if you miss its terribul, but thats like saying never use falcon punch ever its slow..duh much :p

For Edgeguarding mario, luigi, and DK i think rock works quite well
No its actually like choosing to use a fast move or slow move with the same power. Of course you would use the fast one.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
stone sends people up, which is the opposite of the direction you want. dtilt is much more easier. even if you can use stone there a many better attacks you can edgeguard with. you lose, for the 3rd time

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
stone sends people up, which is the opposite of the direction you want. dtilt is much more easier. even if you can use stone there a many better attacks you can edgeguard with. you lose, for the 3rd time
wow some one had piss insted of milk in their cerial this morning, anyways try to use Dtilt to stop mario/luigi's third jump and tell me how it goes, wait nvm i allready know >_>

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol overall i guess Dtilt is a better edge gaurd for most recoverys, but i still think if used correctly Rock works well to, and plus its hella cooler then Dtilt :p

Jumin

Smash Rookie
eh... i never rock anymore, but i've seen some vids where it's a combo finisher

Top Bottom