• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu vs. Kirby

SewingMachine

Smash Rookie
Ok, so my friend always plays Kirby and most the time with all the chars I play its mostly an even fight, but When I picked up Ryu he just tears me apart. His duck makes it so alot of my attacks just go right thru him ( dash, over-smash, over b). I tried to come at him at an angle but that doesnt seem to work that well. Just thought if there is any Ryus out there that have played well against a Kirby.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Let him crouch.

Why are so eager to hit him.

Stop trying to hit him and HIT HIM!!!

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Kirby has little limbs just poke him from a good distance with your crouching normals. Don't worry so much about hitting him but rather making him stop crouching so you can start slapping him silly again.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
characters with very low profiles are difficult for Ryu im finding. I absolutely crush my usual problems i have with DK (rosalina, shiek, zss, etc) but i just cannot fight pikachu, kirby, olimar, or gamenwatch because they are soooo flippin short half my attacks miss by default. Jiggly isnt a problem because shes always in the air and ironically in the perfect spot for my foot to reach lol.

I imagine this is the sole reason Ryu wont be seen very often if at all in tournaments. After 200+ games with DK i still cringe when i face another sheik cheesehead, but as Ryu i dont give a crap and i have like what ~40 games with him lol. But now its against the beforementioned shortstock people :p

Top Bottom