• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rykard's Mario - Now with less suicides!

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
nice you have a good mario just learn the fox match up because there was a moment in the second video at 1:26 where you Uaired when you could have Utilited to a Fsmash. you know what your doing though just learn to take advantage. grab more

Rykard

Smash Ace
it would have that much hitstun? pretty cool! i was just hopeful he was going to DI the up-air up so i could regrab haha. thanks for that!

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
in the fox matchup your utilt is like you're bread and butter. it's sooooooooo broken
and always good to see a new Mario face ^_^

I just realized thats the twebb that ***** me at ROM3
and beat kage twice in friendlies
hah good stuff man

(you're sig is legit)

Rykard

Smash Ace
in the fox matchup your utilt is like you're bread and butter. it's sooooooooo broken
and always good to see a new Mario face ^_^

I just realized thats the twebb that ***** me at ROM3
and beat kage twice in friendlies
hah good stuff man

(you're sig is legit)
haha yeah t.webb and I are like the only smashers in our area and it's like a 40 minute drive to get to the closest people i believe. this was recorded our first time playing each other in like 3-4 months so i'm glad i can still keep up with him

PK Webb

Smash Champion
dude that fox is trash i **** that fox consistently lol.......told u that u were gud rich

Rykard

Smash Ace
you are a lot nicer in this thread than i was in yours haha. way to not troll me.

Anyways when are we playing again?

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
You're real good man! I would critique but you asked us not to and my mario is weird anyway./..so uhm....good job! Keep it up!

Rykard

Smash Ace
try sweetspotting ur up bs to the ledge to avoid getting punished. altho that fox never punished it.
i was trying to catch him trying to shine spike me since i was getting hit by that a bunch before. i should have just faded away from the stage instead and tried to sweetspot but i guess i know that for future reference now lol

n0ne

Smash Ace
oh... i got u i do it too.. then try to mix it up more cause after like 2 times it got predictable good job tho

oh yeah if u angle ur up b to the front while recovering and fox is trying to shine spike u then he will get stage spiked. people always overlook the front angled thing but im talking truth here

Rykard

Smash Ace
Alright guys so i got some more matches against my friend's fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHuwTtInCGI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C8jL84bUR0 (I only won cause the texture makes it hard to see lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSvEHYsW0Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5hfJRfmHJk (i get 3 stocked!)

Basically, since last week, i realized that mario's best approach is prbably with his up-air do to the fact that it has really low lag on it when l-canceled so i tried to do more of that. Shortly after, i realized that it is easily crouch cancelable so following up with an up-tilt after is not the smartest idea in the world so down smash is probably better or dash dance to a grab if he doesn't jump out of shield. The main problem i have in this matchup and with the falco one as well is that i constantly try to challenge their down airs when then full jump after a shine only to realize that that does not work. I feel like i should be wavedashing out of shield more, but i tend to forget that when i'm playing. Overall though i think these are a lot better due to me suiciding a lot less

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol, try not to l-cancel his uair.. cos its impossible ^^
u are right tho.. mario's who approach with nair all the time are nubs. its one of his worst spacing attacks and doesn't really combo atall. good as an aerial finisher and getting people off-stage but thats it, you may as well have performed the quicker uair, which is much much safer on block too cos of its large spacing potential

the move almost always autocancels. i wont insult ur join date by telling you what that means.
unless u input it late, the move wont need l-cancelling 10/10 times. same with bair, and FH dair + fair.

FH fair autocancel mindgames -> slowly walk away fsmash. :')

Rykard

Smash Ace
what does my join date have to do with anything?

and i'm aware it auto cancels but the shield stun on a late up air is enough for you to L-cancel and then dash dance away from a shield grab which is what i was hoping to bait.

j3ly

Smash Champion
I'd assume someone who has been a member of swf for nearly 3 years would know what an auto cancel is. similarly I'd assume a member of 2 weeks wouldn't know.

Basically, since last week, i realized that mario's best approach is prbably with his up-air.... then dash dance away from a shield grab - mean what you say and say what you mean!

iirc fair has more shield stun than uair. if you know ur opponent is going to shield (assumed because you are committing to late uair) I'd try to late fair instead some of the time. also if you are trying to bait shield grabs, AC uair is good enough and you are spaced for a fsmash afterwards, with enough time for the DD -> pivot attack to bait the grab

i was gnna write a large post about shield stun and pressure and spacing but mum came in on the warpath :( thing ima just smoke a cigarette and sleep instead! good luck with mario! (he sucks use sum1 else)

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i'd assume someone who has been a member of swf for nearly 3 years would know what an auto cancel is. Similarly i'd assume a member of 2 weeks wouldn't know.

Basically, since last week, i realized that mario's best approach is prbably with his up-air.... Then dash dance away from a shield grab - mean what you say and say what you mean!

Iirc fair has more shield stun than uair. If you know ur opponent is going to shield (assumed because you are committing to late uair) i'd try to late fair instead some of the time. Also if you are trying to bait shield grabs, ac uair is good enough and you are spaced for a fsmash afterwards, with enough time for the dd -> pivot attack to bait the grab

i was gnna write a large post about shield stun and pressure and spacing but mum came in on the warpath :( thing ima just smoke a cigarette and sleep instead! Good luck with mario! (he sucks use sum1 else)
best advice all thread

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
thats exactly how i looked when he said he sucks use someone else. lol mario isnt for everyone......just me since ill put in the work. Theres a tourney in 2 weeks and i cant wait

j3ly

Smash Champion
i main falco too lol, falco is way harder than mario. mario survives tippers at 100% on fd but falco cant survive a sourspot jab at 0%

people shield alot more against falco too. mario's grab game > falco's, mario's survival >>> falco too, but everything else falco >>>>>> mario

Rykard

Smash Ace
i'm going to no johns in a few weeks i think so hopefully i get some good practice there or can at least place better than last time. i went 2 and 2 last time but i'm hoping to go at least 3 and 2 this time just for improvements sake

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Then I'll just 0-death from my grabs more.
Then I can grab less, but always a minimum of 4 grabs a match...
Meaning children will go hungry, but not THAT many. :/

Ryak, watched like 20s spammed throughout

1: hacked melee is fun to watch
2: 0-death from your grabs more

a rookie

Smash Ace
Grab with Mario > Girls

Simply because your opponent will break free slower than a girl xD [Don't judge, thought it was funny]

Oh........and in the words of Bamesy, GRAB MORE!

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Grab with Mario > Girls

Simply because your opponent will break free slower than a girl xD [Don't judge, thought it was funny]
oh no bro once i got the girl in my room.....in my clutches willingly......imma wobble her a$$

dont worry bro we have a sense of humor

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
it always seems like when I get in close enough they spot dodge

and Mario's grab is hard to pull off too.

(don't worry bro I make bad jokes too)

a rookie

Smash Ace
haha, the funny thing is I laugh anyways xD It usually causes a chain reaction.
Thanks for saying it's a bad joke -____- Lol Jk (:

Top Bottom