• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"RWBY" the Rooster Teeth Anime!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So anyone want to go have a tea/coffee break while we wait for things to heat up in RWBY again? :lol:
honestly don't know how things are going to pan out because of all these "Oh crap " scenarios.. they really know how to make cliffhangers.. and I keep worrying about what's going to happen next..

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
How many years did they have spend again? 4?
At Beacon? Not sure. Until they're qualified Huntsmen/Huntresses I guess.
Hogwarts is Seven Years.

So anyone want to go have a tea/coffee break while we wait for things to heat up in RWBY again? :lol:
honestly don't know how things are going to pan out because of all these "Oh crap " scenarios.. they really know how to make cliffhangers.. and I keep worrying about what's going to happen next..
Oh trust me RT love cliffhangers.
RvB Season 13's ending comes to mind.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Cinder fan art I found this morning on Tumblr.
Honest to say, I kind of like Cinder... especially her attitude, and mostly her power.

Oh yeah, FINALLY reached to Volume 3! Spend nearly entire day to get to Volume 3, now in the middle of it.

I'm not surprised that RWBY also got traditional Chinese subtitles, but I don't give a **** to see it. I would rather see English sub. It really helped a lot to understand Oobleck's long and fast explaination....

And volume 3 chapter 4 I notice an error...I think, the shows title didn't appear...
That means you're not even done with V1!
Neptune is blue-haired guy
Last time I've checked, Neptune didn't appear in Volume 1, Sun did.
And they guy who is afraid of water lol.

Edit: Just few minutes when I finished chapter 7, chapter came up.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't think there's a single way to describe what just happened with Chapter 9.
*next week is world of Remnant*

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's clever! So clever it must be true!
Illuminati confirmed lol.
I don't think there's a single way to describe what just happened with Chapter 9.
I'm already aware that Volume 3 is gonna be suffering after I heard the trailer.

So am I, it also take me to chapter to know that Mercury's lag was actually amputated. Even though I know he's up to something, why did he try to attack Ruby for? And I don't think that she has her weapon. And can't wait wait will happen on Pyrrha and Penny's battle.
And speaking of Pyrrha, I actually feel sorry Jaune, and also that cotton candy... wasted...
And Raven was actually Qrow's sister? That's pretty interesting, I really love her style.
This artwork is really good, and this scene wasn't so bad
And volume 3 I dare say it's the most decent one, many new characters appeared, more in depth stories, it just came out too fast.

Also a small joke, today is the year for Sun Wukong, because 2016 is the year of monkey according to the Chinese Zodiac! Sun Wukong by looking at his name, I already know it's from on the main character in one of Chinese famous novel "Journey to the West" 西遊記

O雌** , I accidentally saw a huge spoilers on the web, it's about Penny...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
OK so after taking it all in:
"We can rebuild her, we have the Technology!"
Travis Willingham is on a Blue Team (sadly no Church, Tucker or Caboose). Just like he voiced Fred-104 of Blue Team in Halo 5.
**** getting real.
TORCHWICK!
**** is getting ****ing real.
Oh and shout out to one of Junior's minions in the crowd.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Travis Willingham is on a Blue Team (sadly no Church, Tucker or Caboose). Just like he voiced Fred-104 of Blue Team in Halo 5.
**** getting real.
TORCHWICK!
I bet you have saw the leaks as well....I doubt they do...
Or wait, did you guys really saw chapter 9?
I'm sure Ruby will be like:

Neo (Along with Cinder) actually look good in this suit as well.
This is also hilarious:

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
**** getting real.
TORCHWICK!
Was hoping I wasn't the only one who saw Junior's minion, maybe that's where they ran off to after the heist with Tortchwick ;)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Was hoping I wasn't the only one who saw Junior's minion, maybe that's where they ran off to after the heist with Tortchwick ;)
Only saw it when going back through the episode because my jaw was nearly on the floor.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Only saw it when going back through the episode because my jaw was nearly on the floor.
Fair point :p
I noticed because there's only one group of people who wear those shades of red and black, especially with red shades

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Fair point :p
I noticed because there's only one group of people who wear those shades of red and black, especially with red shades

Jim Sterling confirmed to be one of Junior's minions then.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Seems legit,

Jim Sterling confirmed to be one of Junior's minions then.
Even more legit.
And I realized that you can watch episodes earlier on roosterteeth.com by paying 3$ a month aw man...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Oh boy...

This week's episode was a game changer.

It's not a show about students and their studies, but about young warriors defending the world from a MASSIVE threat.

Beacon's reputation? Tarnished!
P.E.N.N.Y.? Sliced and Diced!
Pyrrha? Completely unstable!
Roman? Free AND controlling an Atlas ship!
The White Fang? You can bet your *** that they're back!

This show is getting extremely scary...

And I didn't notice the minion :(

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh boy...

This week's episode was a game changer.

It's not a show about students and their studies, but about young warriors defending the world from a MASSIVE threat.

Beacon's reputation? Tarnished!
P.E.N.N.Y.? Sliced and Diced!
Pyrrha? Completely unstable!
Roman? Free AND controlling an Atlas ship!
The White Fang? You can bet your *** that they're back!

This show is getting extremely scary...

And I didn't notice the minion :(
Or you should say extremely depressed.
Penny being sliced and diced is the only thing that I want to know for now, can't wait to see it next week.It reminds me of this pic that has been the web for quite a while, can't believe this really happened:
And chapter 9's trailer in a nutshell:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Or you should say extremely depressed.
Penny being sliced and diced is the only thing that I want to know for now, can't wait to see it next week.It reminds me of this pic that has been the web for quite a while, can't believe this really happened:
And chapter 9's trailer in a nutshell:
I'm not depressed at all. She's a robot!

But yeah, this episode clearly changed everything the show was about.

Beacon is no longer a school, but a battlefield.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not depressed at all. She's a robot!

But yeah, this episode clearly changed everything the show was about.

Beacon is no longer a school, but a battlefield.
I haven't seen the entire episode (Only saw spoilers via web), Penny's body is going to be split into two parts.
So did you really watched chapter 9?
And say, we are here at Smashboards, here's some Mii QR code I've found.

Check it out and see if some looks alike, or some not.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I haven't seen the entire episode (Only saw spoilers via web), Penny's body is going to be split into two parts.
So did you really watched chapter 9?
It legitimately scared me...

I'm completely terrified of what could happen next, but I'm so excited too.

Also, Roman's finally back, so things are gonna be fun!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It legitimately scared me...

I'm completely terrified of what could happen next, but I'm so excited too.

Also, Roman's finally back, so things are gonna be fun!
I think that artwork did a great job.
I'm curious rather than terrified.
Pffft, Roman, not really wanted to see him return, and I can guess that Neo saved him.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
What can I say? I really like Roman! :lol:
How can you not like that fancy scumbag?
And say, we are here at Smashboards, here's some Mii QR code I've found.

Check it out and see if some looks alike, or some not.
Heh, I already made Team RWBY miis, I think I'll continue to make my own now instead :p

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What can I say? I really like Roman! :lol:
As a villain,he's a funny guy, but I also think he's a bit worse at being a villain...
Hm... I try to watch chapter 9 on roosterteeth.com, but the video doesn't go. I already have flash installed, what gives?

Edit:
After hours of surfing the Internet today, I recently found a lot of interesting and awesome RWBY artworks and comics, like the DUMB_RWBY parody, it's just hilarious. There also many RWBY AU stories and comics, I found one quite interesting, and it's made by an artist who is also a Taiwan (Not that surprised to me.), and it's pretty good imo, even though there were some parts that made me confused.

Take a look at the first chapter and the first story outline:

Take a look at the rest of the comic if you are interested:http://ookaminoki.tumblr.com/huntressau

Here's the design of Ruby in the comic, not much changed on her.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I watched the latest episode again...

I can easily compared what's happening to a certain event in a show called Gravity Falls and, trust me, the fact that I can make that comparison is FAR FROM GOOD!

I'm scared...terrified even!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I watched the latest episode again...

I can easily compared what's happening to a certain event in a show called Gravity Falls and, trust me, the fact that I can make that comparison is FAR FROM GOOD!

I'm scared...terrified even!
I actually thought the lastest show feels a bit short. Don't know if it's because it's too in depth or not.

Okay, since we are getting more scared on the latest show, how enjoying another RWBY AU comic, this one, once again another artist from Taiwan. Call "Henceforward" ,trust me, this one is probably the best AU comic I've ever seen so far. Maybe some of you guys have even already seen this or this artist's other artwork.

Take a look: http://kumafromtaiwan.tumblr.com/henceforward AU catalog
Here's the first part of it, it will set your blood on fire already:
Weiss invited people to her inheriting ceremony and an attack was commenced without warning. Guests were dispersed, and the delightful banquet became bloodshed…

In chaos, Weiss wanted to rendezvous with Blake first, only to find she was already captured by several unknown Faunus:

Their insult to her teammate irritated Weiss, so she just took

out all the enemy impulsively. But she didn’t notice the ambush:

Blake betrayed Weiss, the whole team RWBY. Blake caught Weiss off guard and strengthless in the trap. All Weiss could do is just lie on the ground and helplessly watch Blake destroy her Myrtenaster … At this time, rose petals appeared in her eyes:

Ruby was panicking. She couldn’t understand why Blake did this,

and she didn’t want to fight against Blake. So she drop her scythe, still believing she could talk to Blake:

The bang left Ruby unconscious at once…
Meanwhile, Yang finally arrived:

Seeing her sis dying, Yang got insane and attacked Blake madly,

desiring to kill her immediately. Without weapon, Blake was almost defeated.
Oh boy my favorite part:

Blake escaped beacause of Yang’s mercy.

Henceforward team RWBY no longer exists.

So this wraps up the "dawn" of this RWBY AU
's plot, you can go to the artist's tumblr website to check out how she designed Ruby,Weiss, Blake, Yang, Sun, Jaun, Nora, and Ren's outfit.
About how I think about Yang shout's she wants to kill Blake, I sudden thought of Shulk's scream the same quote in a higher pitch in Xenoblade Chronicles.
Kind of coincidence that both Yang and Shulk both shouted "I'll kill you!" when the ones they loved got killed.

I also think this plot might just fit after the real RWBY episode plot, since the timeline is after all of the RWBY's team have graduated from Beacon. Probably 5-6 years later.

Edit:
So I bet you guys have also know that RWBY has manga series going on Japan's monthly seinen manga magazine Ultra Jump, not to be confused by Weekly Shonen Jump that includes One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, and many more.
If you don't know what seinen manga is, it means manga marketed to adolescent boys and men old enough to read kanji (If you are asking me do I know kanji, let me just say this: I read kanji for living, kanji IS Chinese)
, but don't you dare have dirty minds though. Seinen mangas theme are still mostly positive and non-hentai. But more close to realistic life materials, RWBY in my opinion, roughly doesn't fit in this category... at least in my opinion, who had read many mangas in my life. (I'm from Asia, so it's pretty obvious). Even so, to disguish seinen and shonen manga can't just look at the manga's theme. According to Wikipedia:
A common way to tell if a manga is seinen is by looking at whether or not furigana is used over the original kanji text: if there are furigana on all kanji, the title is generally aimed at a younger audience.
So yep, this means there are shonen mangas that has dark humor, violent content as well. The best example is Attack on Titan, yes, it's shonen manga.

I'm not sure where can I buy Ultra Jump in my local retail. I know there is a department store in my city sells Japanese books. Where they sell Japanese mangas, magazines, and yep, games guides. I usually saw game guides for Pokemon, Animal Crossing etc. Sadly though, they are all in Japanese...

I know it may be a long shot but I hope RWBY manga can be distribute into Chinese someday.

My first impression on the comic: First off the atmosphere on the mangas feels dark, what I mean is most character's eyes look lifeless. I saw many other fanarts have more livid look.

But that's just me, take a look by ourselves, the best part for the manga is it explains the backstory for the four trailers:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
On a darker note.
Today marks a year since Monty Oum was put into a coma.

Top Bottom