• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"RWBY" the Rooster Teeth Anime!

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco

This is a series in need of much more love!

Rooster Teeth, the company behind the Halo spoof called "Red vs Blue" got their own anime styled 3D rendered series called "RWBY"

This series is about 4 girls that lives in the world of Remnant, a dangerous world where mankind have been slaughtered by the terrible creatures of Grimm since the very beginning. In this dark world, they discovered natural resources that could be used to power mechanics, enhance weapons and even grant certain abilities. They called this "Dust" and used it to build their civilization and 4 kingdoms they used as beacons of hope. In order to survive, they started training young people to become the weapons of defence. These people are called Huntsmen and Huntresses.

We follow the four protagonists as they attend the greatest combat school in Remnant called "Beacon Academy".
RWBY got intense, original and well animated combat scenes as well as an interesting plot and well built characters. It's worth watching for every fan of fighting animations!

RWBY was created by the brilliant animator "Monty Oum" and tt started in 2013 with the trailers Red, White, Black and Yellow, which I highly suggest watching before you start off the first season.

Then the first season kicks off. In the first season, the background animations and the overal quality of the series is somehow low, yet the fighting and plot is worth your attention. On season 2 and season 3 (that is currently running) the visual quality has improved a lot! I suggest to stick through the first season and try at least 3 episodes in the 2nd before you judge it. I personally, think this is the greatest show I've seen. (No, I'm not exaggerating.)

Watch this series HERE! Starting at the bottom of the page.

In february 2015, Monty Oum passed away because of a strong allergic reaction. R.I.P. So the show is now running without him. It keeps its charm and the quality keeps rising, so there's nothing to fear for the show itself.

Give it a watch and come back to me if you've become a fan.
I'm sure there's a lot to talk about :)

Last edited:

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
YAY! I reached a fan! I adore it! I'm listening to the soundtracks on spotify almost all the time and is working on a manga about it :p

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
The soundtrack is superb and the cast of characters are amazing as well. Ruby has to be my favorite though because she's just so freakin adorkable.

It's also gotten it's own official Japanese release as well.

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Finally another Ruby fan! Everyone seem to faving Yang :p I mean, Yang's awesome, but Ruby's just too adorable to bare! She was so cute when she met Qrow again :3

I know about that release. I of course will only watch it in the original Language, but it's good for the series to get Japanese fans. They're great at making merc. (I need my "I drink Milk" tee! Make it please!"

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Yeah Yang seems to be pretty popular among the group lol. My little sister and another friend of mine are Yang fans. Though my best friend @Izayoi is a Weiss fan so there's that xD Blake and Weiss are close 2nds for me though.

My favorite male character would definitively have to be Qrow. He's hilarious and awesome.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Been watching RWBY since the trailer releases. It's an absolutely fantastic series.
I remember I had watch it before with my sister. It didn't get my interest at first, but after re watching other episodes, I think RWBY is pretty good, not only because the main characters are pretty, this show is funny at some point.
I had only finish watching volume one.
The soundtrack is superb and the cast of characters are amazing as well. Ruby has to be my favorite though because she's just so freakin adorkable.

It's also gotten it's own official Japanese release as well.
Ruby is my favorite too, Yang at second.

And RWBY often makes me compare my favorite RPG series Xenoblade Chronicles, two slightly show some similar genres.
RWBY is a world where mankind got slaughtered by grimm. Whereas in Xenoblade, Homs get attacked by Mechons.
RWBY use material called "Dust", in Xenoblade is "Ether"

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Juane is hilarious as well, the Dorkness is strong in that one for sure xD I ship him with Pyrrha (but honestly who doesn't?).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Juane is hilarious as well, the Dorkness is strong in that one for sure xD I ship him with Pyrrha (but honestly who doesn't?).
He is really a dork in volume one. But I'm sure he'll get tough in the next volume. Please no spoilers here!

Definitely! Soon, we can't call that shipping
I haven't watch all of the episode, so I won't ship anyone.

Have any of you guys played the game? I am not a big fan of computer games of course. And do you guys think RWBY can fit better as a Xenoblade Chronicles-like battle tactics? There is a special beneficiary buffs called "Aura" in Xenoblade Chronicles.

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Aura

Interestingly, Shulk is the only character without an aura, but considered to be in aura state when using the Monado. And a Monado art called "Purge" 破, which can remove any active auras and temporarily blocks the enemy's spike and aura activation abilities.

I just can't stand of comparing RWBY and Xenoblade, one is a great anime cartoon and other one is one of the best JRPG. And since this is Smashboards, we can compare RWBY with some Nintendo series right?

Definitely approving that.
Adorable Ruby.

And here's an artwork drawn by Akairiot.

He had also drawn Yang and Emerald, but those two pics are a bit NSFW, espcially Yang's...
And so... is this also a RWBY social thread for Smashboards? I'm kind of surprise there hasn't been any RWBY thread here on Smashboards?

Last edited:

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Sure let's call it a RWBY Social thread :p You need to catch up on season 2 and 3 though. It's hard not to spoil over a year old content :p

I've never played Xenoblade, so can't say anything about that.

I have however played Grimm Eclipse. The Beta at least :p the game is only in an Early access stage, so there's still a lot of improvement to be made. I like it so far though :) Has a high pace to it, just like the series.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sure let's call it a RWBY Social thread :p You need to catch up on season 2 and 3 though. It's hard not to spoil over a year old content :p
Question is, are there any? And where should we put this thread in if we make it as a social thread?

I will, if I have time.
I've never played Xenoblade, so can't say anything about that.
You should go and play it. It has some slight common genre with RWBY imo.
I have however played Grimm Eclipse. The Beta at least :p the game is only in an Early access stage, so there's still a lot of improvement to be made. I like it so far though :) Has a high pace to it, just like the series.
My expectation for that game, is a full story, it doesn't have to be identical with the main show. And of course, more characters to play.

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
maybe in time. For now you can only play the 4 protagonists. I've only tried Ruby :p

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
There's a thing bothering me with that art. I got it as one of my many wallpapers so I've gotten time to study it. Take a close look at Weiss, especially from her mid to legs. Can you see something odd?
I got this version of it, there you can see more of her.

On music, I'm torn between Red Like Roses Part 2 and Caffeine. I like pretty much all music though :p The 2 latest episodes gave us more cool music so I'm overly excited for a new record!

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
There's a thing bothering me with that art. I got it as one of my many wallpapers so I've gotten time to study it. Take a close look at Weiss, especially from her mid to legs. Can you see something odd?
I got this version of it, there you can see more of her.

On music, I'm torn between Red Like Roses Part 2 and Caffeine. I like pretty much all music though :p The 2 latest episodes gave us more cool music so I'm overly excited for a new record!
I honestly don't see anything too odd about it that really stands out. Maybe it's because of the depth perception?

But yeah all of the RWBY soundtrack is excellent lol.

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Ok then look at the larger picture I linked. See how her head is pointing at our left and her breasts is pointed towards us. That means she's actually turning her head and the breasts and mid is what's the centre of her pose. Her waist bends backwards, meaning she curves her butt out (A quite normal thing for females to do, especially in action shots like this) now here's the weird part, You can see that it's the right leg that's further away and the left is bending away from us! you can easier see that on her shoes. Meaning the lower part of her body bends in the opposite direction than her upper part. Now try to pose like this yourself and remember to keep your butt curved up. It's not entirely impossible but would cause a serious muscle strain, especially on the neck and lower spine. Now, we see she's in the middle of a spin, but that's no excuse as it's no reason to bend like that, even in fast motion.

That was a mouth full I know, I just found this while bored a day and it kinda put me off as the picture seem like it's been put a lot of effort in it, yet there's a slight anatomical flaw that artists and doctors usually notice but other people don't.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Ah I see that does actually make sense lol. My best friend Izayoi is also an artist so he probably would have caught that as well xD Very nice observation though, would have never guessed it.

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
No I mean... before you came, all that had posted here have Ruby as their favourite :p You broke the streak. xD

Last edited:

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Well I still like Oobleck the most of the adult characters.

Last edited:

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Worried? Let's discuss this in spoilers.

You're worried about Pyrrha right? I mean, she kinda deserves the title as the "Guardians" but it might be dangerous.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Worried? Let's discuss this in spoilers.

You're worried about Pyrrha right? I mean, she kinda deserves the title as the "Guardians" but it might be dangerous.
Nah. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not Pyrrha, but Ruby!

Think about it! Why would he let Ruby join Beacon two years early when even Pyrrha had to wait until the required age?

But what worries me is what Cinder could do to Penny...or I guess it's written P.E.N.N.Y. now...

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
We saw Pyrrha in the elevator there. Besides, I don't think even Ozpin would choose an underage student as something that important and dangerous.

As for Penny. Cinder will definitely find a way to override her system. That will be really bad for team RWBY and an exciting plot twist.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yes, we saw Pyrrha, but it could very well be a misdirection.

Why did he even let an underage student in Beacon? Then again, Ruby's not your average underage student either... In fact, she's probably one of, if not the best student so far.

Also, I've been having a theory since Episode 3: is Ironwood on Cinder's side?

Last edited:

eltoroguaco

パンツ
NNID
eltoroguaco
Possible, but I think Cinder would get the information she now has a lot earlier if that was the case.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
No-one told me about this place?
For shame.
I love how Team FNKI are basically memes.
Flynt Coal.
Neon Katt (Nyan Cat).

Cinder's got a computer virus going on I think. That's how she got access to Penny and probably fixed the matches.

Top Bottom