• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"RWBY" the Rooster Teeth Anime!

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
So the earlier conversation actually sparked a hypothetical for me, for those who know Bloodborne (so as far as I know just Schnee117 Schnee117 ), how do you think the main RWBY crew would fair in Yharnam individually? First as just a random passerby with none of the blood ministrations or any of that and second as a proper hunter complete with the hunter's dream and all (and before you ask yes they have their personal weapons of choice from the start). I feel Ruby would probably struggle a bit early on since she'd be fighting actual people for a good long bit, and while she has no problem defeating bad guys she hasn't actually directly killed anything other than Grimm. But once she toughens up she'd probably fair pretty well.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So the earlier conversation actually sparked a hypothetical for me, for those who know Bloodborne (so as far as I know just Schnee117 Schnee117 ), how do you think the main RWBY crew would fair in Yharnam individually? First as just a random passerby with none of the blood ministrations or any of that and second as a proper hunter complete with the hunter's dream and all (and before you ask yes they have their personal weapons of choice from the start). I feel Ruby would probably struggle a bit early on since she'd be fighting actual people for a good long bit, and while she has no problem defeating bad guys she hasn't actually directly killed anything other than Grimm. But once she toughens up she'd probably fair pretty well.
Qrow would be a legend, even if drunk :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
First as just a random passerby with none of the blood ministrations or any of that
Most of the cast would end up struggling with the adults (and Adam because lol Jetstream Sam semblance) fairing much better than the kids.
Qrow, Ozpin, Cinder, Raven and Salem would probably fair the best.

second as a proper hunter complete with the hunter's dream and all (and before you ask yes they have their personal weapons of choice from the start).
With enough perseverance they'd eventually succeed though again the adults would do a lot better and be far quicker because they have far more experience.

Jaune also already has Ludwig's Holy Blade and Qrow has the Burial Blade so they're already off to great starts.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Now another bloodborne/RWBY question, coolest matchups? Can be a boss or an NPC versus the main RWBY cast.
Example would be Ruby versus Amygdala since I think she'd have quite the time swinging from those arms.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Now another bloodborne/RWBY question, coolest matchups? Can be a boss or an NPC versus the main RWBY cast.
Example would be Ruby versus Amygdala since I think she'd have quite the time swinging from those arms.
RNJR vs Ludwig.
Ludwig is pretty similar to the Nuckelavee (in that they're both horselike) but far more dangerous. Seeing how RNJR would fair against him would be intriguing, especially when he enters his Holy Blade phase.

Qrow or Ozpin vs Gehrman.
Qrow and Gehrman have very similar weapons whilst Ozpin and Gehrman are alike in being cryptic guides with a very long history to them.

Conversely seeing the regular Bloodborne Hunter take on any of the "Boss Grimm" like the Nevermore ,Beringel, Sea Dragon or Nuckelavee would be pretty cool too.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
RWBY's having a collaboration with Crusader's Quest (apparently a mobile game)

Looks interesting to say the least

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
RWBY's having a collaboration with Crusader's Quest (apparently a mobile game)

Looks interesting to say the least

This ad recently appeared on YouTube many times. I check it and looks awesome.
Now I demand RWBY having collaboration with Xenoblade Chronicles series. (Not really....)

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

The girl on the right is Nishimiya from a recent anime movie called "A Silent Voice",which is a great movie. However, I don't think that Neo knows sign language. By the way, Nishimiya isn't really completely mute, she is just deaf and she sometimes does try to speak, whereas Neo isn't and never talks.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
We get the rest of the soundtrack on the 16th.
Which is good, because then I can move my nonstop listening to Armed and Ready from Youtube and Soundcloud to Spotify XD
Also, Bmblb has had everyone up in arms the past few days.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Eh, figures. I'm still not the shipping type so I couldn't really care less. As long as it has a meaningful impact on the story then I'll take whatever

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So.... this happened
Schnee117 Schnee117 I think you're just as happy to see this as I am
This Life is Mine is also really good. Weiss keeps getting really good songs.

Let's Just Live also has a nice little tribute to Monty.

"Move Onward Not There Yet"
It's a variation of Monty's "Keep Moving Onward/Forward" quote and the first letters of those five words spell out his name. There's more lines in the song that also pretty much come across as Monty's "Keep Moving Onward/Forward" quote

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That'll be a repeat of today for people that miss it

yo what:

Can I get a hoodie if I buy enough and then fail to recognise the person on the box when they end up being my teammate and eventual dead girlfriend?

V5 release confirmed:
21st for non-First members

Weiss trailer next week or two
Blake and Yang after that

Also they mentioned EVO

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
While they're working on Dragon Ball FighterZ?

It could happen, I guess, but I feel like they already have a lot of work already.
They have two teams.
They put out GG and BlazBlue relatively close to each other.

And the BlazBlue guy isn't working on anything we know of.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They have two teams.
They put out GG and BlazBlue relatively close to each other.

And the BlazBlue guy isn't working on anything we know of.
A RWBY fighting game would be really cool, to be honest.

But I wonder how they'd handle it. Would they just use the Vytal Festival or come up with something new?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

But I wonder how they'd handle it. Would they just use the Vytal Festival or come up with something new?
Maybe something different to allow a bigger roster. Like you can't really have Roman fight during the Vytal festival
It'd probably be non-canon but I don't mind.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And fan favourites who don't make the initial cut
I don't really expect a big roster because it's a first entry
Like just RWBY, JNPR, Sun, Neo and CRME at most.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Speaking of conventions I went to Indy Popcon today and saw plenty of RWBY cosplays. Didn't take any pictures because me but I ended up talking with this girl who was cosplaying Ruby who was with a guy who noticed my Dark Souls shirt, moving to engage tomorrow.
As for the other cosplays I saw a LOT of guys dressed very well as some of the main girls, one group was Volume 4 Blake, Yang, and a girl cosplaying Sun. Was quite interesting.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Couple days ago I saw it said from AX that there might be a rwby fighting game, brought up at evo.
I compiled a list of possible characters (aka characters who have at least 4-5 lines of dialogue, that could be seen, who could be seen fighting. So no salem, watts, hazel, etc.).
Iirc (did it a couple days ago), it was about 38. So pretty close to the size of Brawl's roster.
21st for non-First members
Also heard about this from people who went to AX.
Long-haired weiss looks nice.
Wait. A week later for non-First members? Regular RT accounts have to wait a week too?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
They've started that with RvB, Camp Camp and Chibi.
Might carry on to Volume 5

Knew they were doing that with Chibi.....
I think burnie or someone said that depending on the support they might bring back RT accounts get rwby 1 day later? Idk anymore....

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I hope they do, would be rather annoying that because I didn't give them money I have to be behind by an entire week. They're tempting me to make ANOTHER account to abuse the system with this...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I would love t see a RWBY fighting game, but having a RWBY RPG has similar gameplay to Xenoblade in my opions sounds awesome too.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
RWBY fighting game is in fact a crossover with Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena and Under Night In-Birth (whatever that is).

I expect RWBY and JNPR at the most depending on roster size
Yu's gonna swag his way through all the RWBY girls

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
RWBY fighting game is in fact a crossover with Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena and Under Night In-Birth (whatever that is).

Totally maining Yang.
If the rest of the team is playable of course. It could just be Ruby who's playable.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Totally maining Yang.
If the rest of the team is playable of course. It could just be Ruby who's playable.
She's on the main cover and it's a 2v2 game. We're definitely getting the rest of WBY.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042

Ah man, a little disappointed it wasn't gonna be its own thing. Never been that big a fan of Japanese fighting games, the inputs in those games are insanely difficult to pull off for me. D:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ah man, a little disappointed it wasn't gonna be its own thing. Never been that big a fan of Japanese fighting games, the inputs in those games are insanely difficult to pull off for me. D:
I think this might be simplified due to being a crossover. P4A's inputs were the usual quarter circle things too. But yeah BlazBlue's are silly.

It also helps that BB's story is over pretty much so they could use this to start a RWBY fighting game series and have a good roster size in the first game because they'd already have plenty of main characters done. Granted I'd prefer if it was like Guilty Gear and DBFZ so they could properly recreate certain moments as well as RWBY's art style. 2d Sprites are great though so I won't complain there.

There's great crossover potential here too. Hazama, Adachi and Roman interacting would be awesome. Weiss and Mitsuru would work nicely. Oobleck w/Zwei and Ken w/Koromaru. Blake and Taokaka. Mercury and Yosuke. Akihiko, Bullet and Yang. Aigis, Penny and Noel. Not all of those will happen but God the potential is fantastic.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I think this might be simplified due to being a crossover. P4A's inputs were the usual quarter circle things too. But yeah BlazBlue's are silly.

It also helps that BB's story is over pretty much so they could use this to start a RWBY fighting game series and have a good roster size in the first game because they'd already have plenty of main characters done. Granted I'd prefer if it was like Guilty Gear and DBFZ so they could properly recreate certain moments as well as RWBY's art style. 2d Sprites are great though so I won't complain there.

There's great crossover potential here too. Hazama, Adachi and Roman interacting would be awesome. Weiss and Mitsuru would work nicely. Oobleck w/Zwei and Ken w/Koromaru. Blake and Taokaka. Mercury and Yosuke. Akihiko, Bullet and Yang. Aigis, Penny and Noel. Not all of those will happen but God the potential is fantastic.

Alright we'll see then, quarter circle stuff I can handle (though not for too long as I've found in Skullgirls, my fingers just can't take the strain) so if that's how it goes I'll look into it, wouldn't be the first fighting game I've considered where I only know a small portion of the cast! (see Smash bros when I was like 7 and UMvC3 now =P)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Should I say speaking of devil? I said I would love to see a RWBY fighting and there we have it, sort of.
Now me wanting a JRPG RWBY game isn't that far fetched I suppose.

Top Bottom