• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RvYn! Maniaclyrasist's Video Thread

Coffee™

I need it....
I got a Dazzle a little while ago so I decided i'd record a few of my recent matches. I'll put these up in the video critique and archive thread but this is just my own video thread for exposure I guess =)

Anyway feel free to comment on what you like or don't like about the vids here. You can critique them in detail the critique thread. I gotta work on the quality a bit though.

RvYn! / Maniaclyrasist (Pit) vs 8-bit (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMqpR6Q_kk0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBxk-JkS-7o

RvYn! / Maniaclyrasist (Pit) vs Emowolf (Wolf)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NHVRHw7Glw

RvYn! / Maniaclyrasist (Pit) vs Emowolf (G&W)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VfJeoaEHOU

RvYn! / Maniaclyrasist (Pit) vs DBB (G&W)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmSJQB1enBM

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I only saw the fourth vid cause I'm not sure about whether a snake is good or not but I can't really critique on playstyle since that game and watch was pretty bad at not being a risk taker... Well, smashes were just a tad but overdone and you may need to work on fullhoping when you see a SH turtle coming. By the way, nice shield grabs on the turtle. I can never do that myself....

kown

Smash Lord
okay. im gunna comment on the snake gamess just becuase your mindset for this matchup is wrong. Im just gunna comment on the first match...

okay you start off the match with like three arrows.. thats already a mistake in the way your trying to play...if your gunna spam go to the ledge. dont stay out in the open.. you notice that right when he approaches you he evens out the damage in seconds while u took a while just to do your damage with arrows. the problem alot of pit players have against snakes are that they camp but continue to trade hits with snake.. WHICH ISNT GOOD. the random arrow loop wasnt needed. but you win the first stock.
Snakes Second stock:
your playing really defensive close to him.. play defensive away from him or dont play defensive at all. for the first couple of seconds all i see is SDing and trying to get the SD smash damage. which is okay but its like bland to me. than you preceed with arrows on the platform of FD and let him approach you..like i said earlier if your gunna camp a snake dont do it infront of his face. you let the snake gain momentum which led him to beating you on his second stock...if a snake ever gains momentum u immediately should staart ledge camping.. this will only make the snake lose his momentum. than u go dsmash crazy.. grab more instead. you did a ledge cammped arrow into a fair. that was good..and THATS how i reeccomend camping against snakes. you roll into the snake...if your ever going to roll it should be mainly to get out of a situation...sometimes its good to roll and jab or something but rolling into a c4 wasnt your best option at that moment. the snake continues to rack up damage while your trying to find a way to pull an fsmash off. get more creative!!! learn when ppl drop shields and etc so you can have a forsure fsmash. I guess that glide attack was just a mistake.sigh sigh**** u get your kill with a dsmash. fsmash is a good killing move!! learn it.

third and final stock.
you begin rolling alot.,. too much for my liking. than you go on the ledgge and start camping.. but for some reason u decided to come off and thats when u got punished. your problem is that your trading hits alot and your rolling gets predictable... I also like how you start using AR at the end..tho it ends up killing you. haha
hope this helps some.

theres prolly a lot of editing that needs to be done to this but wtvr!!!

Crew

Smash Apprentice
Unlike the above poster, my critique is going to be very general, noting things I saw throughout the videos. I feel critique such as his is a bit irritating, because a lot of Smash Brothers Brawl is predicting what your opponent will do a split second ahead of time. FSmash is a better killer than Dsmash, true, but I've killed with my Dsmash plenty of times. If I feel my opponent is going to roll behind me, Dsmash is a fine option, considering it covers both sides. But I didn't come to talk about the difference between Fsmash and Dsmash.

I like the jab, jab, grab. It is an effective series of attacks. However, many of the time, it goes jab-jab-grab-let go-jab-jab-missed grab. You might try just throwing them after the first grab and combo/arrow chase out of it.

I also recommend you practice your arrows - and I mean that politely. Your Pit reminds me of mine from a few months ago; "Close, but no cigar" comes to mind, considering they're usually fairly close to the opponent. Nowadays, after much practice, my arrows are pretty precise and probably the best aspect of my playing style. Arrow looping can actually be really effective if you practice it enough, it isn't all for show.

Keep it up

Coffee™

I need it....
Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming ;p

I like the jab, jab, grab. It is an effective series of attacks. However, many of the time, it goes jab-jab-grab-let go-jab-jab-missed grab. You might try just throwing them after the first grab and combo/arrow chase out of it.
It kinda depends. Some characters are more susceptible to being caught in the regrab depending on how close they fall to Pit after the grab release. For example, G&W, Samus, Falco and Wolf fall close enough to be regrabbed if they don't act fast enough where as characters like Ike and MK simply fall too far from you. I'm not sure how well it works on each character yet so i was kinda just poking around for it in these matches.

Most of the time it is generally better to throw but it can catch an unsuspecting opponent offguard once in a while, and every little bit of damage helps =]

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Lol Mania I love how you used the grab release jab jab grab xD Who'd you get that from?

Anywayz seriously, things I've noticed. You dipped in if that didn't work you dipped out. That's find but rolling isn't always the best option. I find myself walking out of dangerous more than rolling. Rolling behind isn't very good either.
The arrow spam, cool like kown said, but yea you can't just stay in his face spamming.

ALSO I AM SO CLUELESS ON HOW YOU LEDGE CAMPED A GAME AND WATCH. And he was getting hit by arrows too. I'm like seriously astonished by that.

Also most of your opponents move were predictable, like wolf's Bair to Fsmash. Punish that with the most punishing thing, like you see the Bair, Dip out SH let him Fsmash and Back Air Him.

Besides that it was cool.

Top Bottom