• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Running grab vs dashing shield grab

soresu

Smash Rookie
Running grab being when you press z to grab while running, dashing shield grab being when you shield while running and then press A.

I was always under the impression that the dashing shield grab was faster (just like JC grabs were faster in melee). But now it seems like the running grab comes out faster, only it has more lag.

Any thoughts?

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
A little trick I learned from being a Yoshi main was that pivot-grabbing works with any character, and is especially beneficial to grapplers.

Dash in one direction, press Z and mash the C-stick in the opposite direction. If timed right the grapple will come out behind TL, and if I'm correct, removes some of the beginning animations of the grapple.

If not, it's still useful because you're not only incorporating a little mind-game, but you're also moving OUT OF THE WAY of possible incoming attacks in the process of your grab.

No idea if this is a commonly established TL trick though, 'cause I don't frequent the TL forum anymore.

Top Bottom