• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors about marth

lolomgwtfbbq

Smash Apprentice
Not against marth. Unless your opponent doesn't ever attempt to sweetspot, then it's a little useful I guess. But in that case you're better off with a fsmash. You really only want to use the counter against someone like fox or falco during their recovery.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Not against marth. Unless your opponent doesn't ever attempt to sweetspot, then it's a little useful I guess. But in that case you're better off with a fsmash. You really only want to use the counter against someone like fox or falco during their recovery.
he's talking about when YOU are the one recovering, not the edgeguarder.
i would just learn to sweetspot better/ledgetech.
unless you know your opponent is coming to get you off the stage, then counter might not be such a bad idea, as long as you are high enough to recovery afterwards.

Corax

Smash Cadet
Its very situational.
I only do this when I'm fighting an over aggressive edge guarder. Examples are Sheik, Falco and Fox. If any of those characters try to be too aggressive (like running off with a fair, dair or shine) then a counter works if your trying to get on the stage from a high angle or if they try to intercept you from mid air in mid recovery.

Oh wait, if its a marth ditto, just watch him for the double jump bair. If he hits you with that then you might as well kiss that stock good bye so thats a good piont to use hte counter. But otherwise I can't think of any other moment...

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure this is a joke topic.

If your counter attack is a success, not only is your opponent knocked back from the ledge, but you go plummetting down.

Corax

Smash Cadet
thats why its situational. You have to be pretty high up to survive pulling the counter off and not dying.

Edit- okay not pretty high up, but at a reasonable height above hte stage or close to the stage so you can pull the counter off and make it back.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
counter at a diagnal because you still want to make it back to the ledge lolz

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
dont counter. i think phanna stated a while back that the first counter has a property similar to that of sideb but at the same time after it slows you down and what not, it also leaves you immobile for a long period of time where you start falling normal speed (no DI). so pretty much you die. if they hit you, you hit them towards the stage (they live) and you fall longer and die faster.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If counter did not slow you in midair it would be so much better. I counter rarely, but half the time I know what's coming and I counter the counter itself causes the person to miss then gives them the free hit XD.

Top Bottom