• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumor: Wii U Leak Reveals Price, Release Date, and More

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Source: http://www.mariocastle.it/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1075<br[rightw]
[/rightw]
Content Contributor(s): Augusto; Luco

There are rumors spreading around the interwebs that reveal new possible leaks for the Wii U: Nintendo's newest generation system.

MyNintendoNews , NOWGamer, and several other third party sources say that an Italian Ubisoft developer has confirmed the details in a Nintendo specific forum. The speculations are as follows:
  • Wii U supports DirectX 11 and is already running Unreal Engine 4
  • Wii U will support to touch-screen controllers
  • The console has 2GB of RAM, 560MB dedicated to the OS
  • The launch date will be 23 November
  • Launch price hasn't been decided but will be between $350 - $450 (£220 - £285)
  • Rayman Legends, The Avengers, Assassin's Creed 3, Just Dance 4 are all on Ubisoft's Wii U schedule, with Killer Freaks from Outer Space set to arrive weeks after launch.
  • There are currently multiple versions of the console with developers
  • Graphics are powered by the Radeon HD 6770 chip
  • Assassin's Creed 3 will run at 60fps at 1080p, compared to 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360
  • Wii U will come with pre-installed software
  • Crytek, EA and Valve are all working on Wii U
  • Valve are working on a digital distribution platform and Portal ports
  • Wii U will support achievements
  • Wii U's UI will be customizable
  • The new button has some link to the Wii Vitality Sensor
  • The trigger buttons won't be analog

Nintendo hasn't officially announced any specific details regarding the Wii aside from a few game demos and a nice look at the Wii U's controller details. Perhaps we will find some confirmation to the above speculations when E3 swings by in the next upcoming weeks.

What do you think? Visit the Light House and be sure to check out the Wii/Wii U thread for possible future updates. Feel free to include your input on the leak as well!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I assumed 350 would be the price.So pretty much it's in the Xbox 360 range. not that bad.

up to 2 tablets?hm...could be iffy.

and i wonder what the Pre installed stuff is....on a bright note, since Valve is suppoting them so much, does this mean the Steambox console is just a false rumor after all?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
its not 350, its 350-450. I know nintendo likes to price their consoles low, so hopefully its 350. but IMO 350 is already expensive enough x.x

Morin0

Smash Lord
Huh? I thought Valve dismissed the idea that they would develop anything for the Wii U. Did they change their minds or something?

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
This already has way more RAM than the 360 lol, that thing only has 516 MB I think. I don't get why developers skimp on the RAM so much.

Also if Valve really is working on it and making Portal ports then that means that there's a chance of there being a TF2 port. :D (a good one too, not like the sucky one for the 360/PS3)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The moment I read this:

Wii U supports DirectX 11
I realized this "leak" is fake.

This is impossible unless the Wii is running Microsoft-developed software. Windows/XBox use DirectX, every other platform and console (iOS, Mac, Wii, GameCube, PS3) uses OpenGL. Microsoft fully owns and develops DirectX and it cannot be implemented without having them make the system's software.

Top Bottom