• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumor Patrol: Brawl Boxart Leaked?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks authentic to me as well.

What gives it away for me is the positioning of the characters. You see Link, Pikachu, and Mario very prominently, with Samus a little bit behind. The rest are kind of just in the background. It looks like the order was chosen specifically for marketing reasons, instead of a random hoax artist.

Risu-Zeon

Smash Rookie
I do not think it is fake, because it is on the December 2007 issue of Nintendo Power [as said many times before], except Pit isn't on the cover.

But this also makes me think this isn't the official box art, but Nintendo made the cover. Nintendo might just change it later. Who knows.

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
That boxart was posted on IGN. I've already seen it. People are saying it's a mockery box art to keep people hyped and to let them have high expectations of the game.

And to be honest, I don't really think that might be the real and definitive box art. By my bets, the real one might come out either by the last week of December or early January 2008, when the game is about to launch on Japan, but who knows...

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
I would not be surprised at all if it were real, though if it wasn't real I'll still not be surprised.

Imo it does look like some really great boxart that would definitely do for me.

kirbycrazyman

Smash Rookie
i dont know....now that all these characters look different...it could be real but....idk....wait look at mario, ive never ever seen him like that before in anything! i guess i think this is real! though true....how could anything "leak" out of the smash camp?.....hmmm..... sticky....

BlueJay1993

Smash Rookie
As of right now this is the official artwork for the box Nintendo can change it at any time....I have this box and I use it to trick my friends.....cruel I know but still very funny seeing them freak out then opening it and super mario galaxy is in there

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Its not fake, but to say "all right thats it thats the official art cover that it will be when its released story over" is being a bit hasty. Mario galaxies artwork went through several iterations lately, and photos have surfaced of other potential designs.

This very well could be the final art (sans RP and maybe adding things like wifi or other little tweaks) but dont count on it. What is clear though is that nintendo is at least using it for now.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
Its not fake, but to say "all right thats it thats the official art cover that it will be when its released story over" is being a bit hasty. Mario galaxies artwork went through several iterations lately, and photos have surfaced of other potential designs.

This very well could be the final art (sans RP and maybe adding things like wifi or other little tweaks) but dont count on it. What is clear though is that nintendo is at least using it for now.

yep i agree it's not fake but it looks abit weird and where is the Wi-fi?

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
This isn't a fake. They are putting this box up to advertise for pre-orders in stores. It is not final though so it may change before the game is released.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
this box art has been featured in ign, and even NINTENDO.COM ..

its not fake.

but more likely, just a little cover until its done
(just to hype it even more..)

since thres no wi-fi, and its rated T not pending,
("snake: samus took her clothes off")

theres a good chance there will infact be another box art.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
this box art has been featured in ign, and even NINTENDO.COM ..

its not fake.

but more likely, just a little cover until its done
(just to hype it even more..)

since thres no wi-fi, and its rated T not pending,
("snake: samus took her clothes off")

theres a good chance there will infact be another box art.
I can show you the updated box art... it was in the countdown thread.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Personally, whether this is the real or not, I believe it would be much more effective in marketing if Sonic was somehow implemented into the final boxart, because he is probably more anticipated than any other character in this game. I don't know how someone who owns a Wii could pass up Brawl in general, but for those exceptions, Sonic could be the fair ticket to grab extra attention. Not all of Wii owners know that he has been announced for this game.

Meh, still an awesome boxart nonetheless.
~cultofrubik

Phred

Smash Journeyman

It's on the Japanese Dojo now. Yay! It's really for real!
Looking really good there!

Phred

Smash Journeyman
So here is a thought. What if this is the Japanese box art only? what if here in America we have a different box art? They did have different ones of Phantom Hour Glass
Well yeah, didn't you notice the Japanese Boxart is set at the day and the English is set at the night?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
So here is a thought. What if this is the Japanese box art only? what if here in America we have a different box art? They did have different ones of Phantom Hour Glass
That's what I was thinking. Either way, I'll be satisfied. It's pretty good boxart. But how often is the Japanese boxart the same as the American and PAL versions of the boxart?

And you all do know that it's been up for about two weeks now.

noodles

Smash Champion
ive seen a this boxart at gamestop with the wifi logo on the top left

Jamal

Smash Cadet
It is fake beacuse they were discussion on making it T.

Also it's already been confirmed that it does have Wifi play unless the creators are lieing.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is just mindgaming us! The actual boxart is a picture of the home shopping network selling a blender for 39.99

Top Bottom