• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rubber covers

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
So, all the IGN vids i saw had the rubber cover on them. For those who played it at E4All, how do those affect gameplay? Would like to have the cover on or off?

King_PwNaGe

Smash Cadet
I think he means the WiiMote Jacket Accessory. If right, my opinion would be, no, it wouldn't, It would just give it a better feel. And I don't think they had it at E for All..

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
The Wii remote cover was given out to anyone with a Wii for free by Nintendo (if you don't have one yet, it's because you're too lazy to fill out the form).

From my experience with the thing (I wasn't there, but I've played a few games with the thing to see how it felt) , it makes sideways-remote games more comfortable to play, but it's awkward when playing any game with a Nunchuk.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
The rubber covers are useful, keep things safe, y'know.

I do find the thickness of the rubber can remove some of the sensation, however.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
The rubber covers are useful, keep things safe, y'know.

I do find the thickness of the rubber can remove some of the sensation, however.
You belong in the "Long, Hard Single Player" thread.

On topic, the protective jackets don't affect the game play at all, and it's kind of good for people with big hands. I find that the rumble isn't as awesome though.

I

i8waffles612

You can get them at www.nintendo.com for free.... but ive been waiting for 1 1/2 weeks for mine and the status is NOT SHIPPED-IN PROCESS

Talendime

Smash Ace
I love my rubber covers. I currently only have 2 controllers, and I ordered 4 from Nintendo.. I'm such an *******.. oh the guilt :(

But I LOVE the covers. I used the drop the thing all the time because I hold it so loosely. And I like how it makes the controller feel bigger too (I have large hands)..

Darkurai

Smash Master
The Wii remote cover was given out to anyone with a Wii for free by Nintendo (if you don't have one yet, it's because you're too lazy to fill out the form).
Or you don't want one.

The Wii Remote looks ugly with that thing on.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
I think he means the WiiMote Jacket Accessory. If right, my opinion would be, no, it wouldn't, It would just give it a better feel. And I don't think they had it at E for All..
yes, they did have it on ALL wiimotes at E-for-All. I was there.

It's made of silicon or something. It's bulky, but it helps you get a better grip on the wiimote (by itself).

I'm sticking with the GCN controller after using the WiiMote Sideways, the Classic Controller, and the Nunchaku+WiiMote.

(I brought my own Nunchaku attachment and played with it at the first station on the left where they only had the sideways wiimote--the other 4 or 5 stations had the classic controller already attached--the tournament stages had sideways wiimotes only and didn't let you attach your nunchaku or classic controller if you had brought your own)

I went Thursday/Friday. I played the nunchaku on Thursday, when I came back on Friday, they said I couldn't attach my own attachments anymore because of confusion and they didn't want us messing with them anymore.

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
You can get them at www.nintendo.com for free.... but ive been waiting for 1 1/2 weeks for mine and the status is NOT SHIPPED-IN PROCESS

I JUST got mine in the mail yesterday after ordering them back on october 12... I even ordered them two at a time to help speed things up a bit... LOL

But hey, free is free... Not like I have anything to complain about here, especially considering if it where any other company we would simply be expected to cut our losses for buying the things early... You know, first gen penaltys... *cough* sony! *cough*

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I ordered four off nintendo a while back, and just got them a few days ago. I had really low expectations from the pictures, how they were described, and the fact that they were free. However, they are really comfortable and are not made out of **** material. They are definately way better than the wiimote covers you can buy in stores, and all now the buttons aren't hard to press like with the purchasable ones.

Brenco55

Smash Cadet
I got them and i find them verry annoying using normally and sideways, but thats just me.

Top Bottom