• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's best stages

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
no stage gives roy a real advantage but dreamland is my favorite because you can waveland all over the place.

The Tusk

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I feel like wavelanding is crucial for Roy in platform oriented stages, especially since he has one of the most legit, graceful WD's.

I play my Roy as if though it was Marth but I make it better...
What do you mean by this? Doesn't Marth generally require a dominant aerial game? I feel like this, besides edgeguarding capabilities, is what Roy lacks the most. care2divulge?? :)

Slademj15

Smash Apprentice
Bronx NY, Pasadena California "Tag name: KS13
What I meant about me playing my Roy as if though Marth, I meant that my skills are like how you play Marth. Though Roy doesn't have that much Arial skills because of the weight he has, he's still good.

I asked which is a good stage is because I do good in places where Marth is best at. For starters Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination and Dream land. I thought he was great at those stages more.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think roy does well on brinstar. :S
Roy dies at like 10% anyway, I'd suggest a stage that makes everyone else die at like 10% instead of a stage that makes everyone else recover until 400% percent except Roy.

Brinstar... not the definition of that.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Go for FoD. FSmash can sweet spot on the platforms, though your aerial game is slightly hindered(more) by the low platforms. YS is good because you can tipper FSmash on a platform. I personally like DL64 for whatever reason. Battlefield is garbage: no platform tippers, high ceiling (so your awful matchups are worse), and hard to hit ledges. I'm indifferent to PS. Avoid most counterpicks :(, they all kinda suck for roy.

LSDX

Wah!
Roy's Best: Final Destination (situational) & Dreamland
Roy's Worst: Fountain of Dreams

Roy's wavegame on Dreamland is insane, and his aerial mix-ups on its platforms is what makes it his stage. No doubt, full throttle baby~!

The Tusk

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I don't know about FD. Too many Falco players who **** Roy with his lame hitstun. Winnable, sure, but I feel like most characters will have a situational advantage on FD, not to mention all the high tiers who are just waiting for their moment to ****/gimp and laugh at Roy (boooo). I say stick with platform stages where you're not banking on the occasionals. FoD or DL64.

Top Bottom