• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Gosh. The HATE is so over the top on the news post. I"m glad I here to go to see happy people, or at least civil ones.
Unfortunately, Roy will always have a dedicated hate-base, that will never change. Either you have people who will never look past the number of playable fighters the Fire Emblem series has and consider it 'over-repped', or, more importantly, you have people who will never look past B-Specials and label semi-clones as full-on clones, without considering the differences.

Anyways, let them complain. We got what we want.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
people on MIIVERESE keep saying that He is a anime character.

People are going to drop Roy because he is "Slow". These scrubs need to know how to play smash or at least know that speed is not everything in a game of smish (I know I typed smish on purpose) I mean it makes sense for them to add roy. but I thought he would have his own move set. Because Roy was added to melee b4 he was in his own game. So with his game released, He could have a new move set. But clone or not, Roy's our boy.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
People are going to drop Roy because he is "Slow".
In all honesty, that's reasonable because a wide majority of top-tiers are pretty darn fast
That won't stop me from playing as Lucas and Our Boy tho :4feroy:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
In all honesty, that's reasonable because a wide majority of top-tiers are pretty darn fast
That won't stop me from playing as Lucas and Our Boy tho :4feroy:
I know, But they are doing it wrong. FG scrubs think they are good because they play top tier characters, but when I destroy them with Link (bottom tier) and they call them OP and get nerfed. Your not good at smash cause you play Diddy kong. Your good at smash because you took the time to learn, train, and read others movements and punish them for the mistakes they make. Miiverse are for scrubs.

does anyone have the golden Roy render lying around or will I need to shop it myself? I need a new avi.

Thanks
:4feroy:
found it

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This is another reason why I don't go on Smash Wii U
The other 2 reasons being;
1) Nickname Bullying Abuse
2) My Sister won't let me touch it

All-except-the-Ryu-users hail the glorious 3DS
You better not be one of those roy who spam shield breaker and smash attacks!:evil:
Roy doesn't even have Shield Breaker
He has TEH PH1R3
And no, I'm not one of those guys :4pacman:

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Probably confirms the next Awkward Zombie comic involving Roy.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
This is another reason why I don't go on Smash Wii U
The other 2 reasons being;
1) Nickname Bullying Abuse
2) My Sister won't let me touch it

All-except-the-Ryu-users hail the glorious 3DS

Roy doesn't even have Shield Breaker
He has TEH PH1R3
And no, I'm not one of those guys :4pacman:
I'm not that kind of Link.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
******* on Little Mac has become so damn popular that I can't even go on FG with him without my foe becoming that one guy who does nothing but spam Rolls, Throws and Projectiles and taunts like an asshole every time they kill me
Even the most honorable people I've fought on FG turn into 5-year-olds when I switch to Mac.
And that's why I stopped using him! :4pacman:

Atleast I have Kirby, Lucas and Roy ; v;

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Does anyone have the light blue Roy alt render? That one is my favorite and I want to make it my avatar.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Has this been posted yet? If it has, sorry, but I didn't see it anywhere. It's basically just a quick runthrough of some of his moves (and unlike the Twitch stream that was playing Roy and Ryu earlier, it's not going 5 frames per second lolol )

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Has this been posted yet? If it has, sorry, but I didn't see it anywhere. It's basically just a quick runthrough of some of his moves (and unlike the Twitch stream that was playing Roy and Ryu earlier, it's not going 5 frames per second lolol )
So the range on his attacks are ****, but his Neutral special is a one hit KO. Interesting.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
HOLY ****
YOU'RE TELLING ME HIS NEUTRAL B IS AN OHKO NOW?
DON'T NERF THAT EVER, DADDY SAKURAI
WE PUNISH NOW :roll:
Also, Dat Up Smash :shades:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
******* on Little Mac has become so damn popular that I can't even go on FG with him without my foe becoming that one guy who does nothing but spam Rolls, Throws and Projectiles and taunts like an ******* every time they kill me
Even the most honorable people I've fought on FG turn into 5-year-olds when I switch to Mac.
And that's why I stopped using him! :4pacman:

Atleast I have Kirby, Lucas and Roy ; v;
I've gotten beat pretty badly by some good Little Macs on FG before. I don't underestimate Mac at all, it sucks that people still flip out when you play as Little Mac on FG. Alright, you like to play as Little Mac. You shouldn't drop a character because people hate on you for it. :p

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I've gotten beat pretty badly by some good Little Macs on FG before. I don't underestimate Mac at all, it sucks that people still flip out when you play as Little Mac on FG. Alright, you like to play as Little Mac. You shouldn't drop a character because people hate on you for it. :p
It's not really hating on me
It's moreso changing their playstyle so much that it just makes me mad :U

D

Deleted member

Still gonna play as Marth and Lucina but wow, Roy looks awesome and he's definitely gonna be another new main of mine!

He looks so manly~

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
HOLY ****
YOU'RE TELLING ME HIS NEUTRAL B IS AN OHKO NOW?
DON'T NERF THAT EVER, DADDY SAKURAI
WE PUNISH NOW :roll:
Also, Dat Up Smash :shades:
Flare Blade has always been OHKO when fully charged.

Why do so many people not remember this?

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Hey future Roy mains, great to see you guys got a subforum home! I plan on putting a lot of work into Roy (love the character) so I'll probably pop by from time to time ^_^

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Flare Blade has always been OHKO when fully charged.

Why do so many people not remember this?
Really?
When I hit with it in Melee I just thought they were at a high enough % that it just sorta killed them cuz it's powerful
Never knew it was an OHKO in Melee until just now, and I grew up with Melee AND mained Roy so that's saying alot
I guess I never tested it :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Seriously if Pichu doesn't ever come back I'll have to rethink my life choices.

Not being serious of course. o:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Two years ago, I made a wish to see Roy confirmed at E3. That wish has come true. Thank you, daddy Sakurai.

Top Bottom